+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philogene at Millwall

Philogene at Millwall

I've just watched the highlights of yesterday's game. Shambolic defending for both goals, and particularly the second. Niels Nkounkou looks decent going forward, but his defensive work is already a significant concern.

However, the most extraordinary sight during the highlights show was Jaden Philogene prancing around the Den in a pair of pink tights. I mean, seriously? What made him think it was a good idea to line up against anyone in pink tights, let alone Millwall?

Re: Philogene at Millwall

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've just watched the highlights of yesterday's game. Shambolic defending for both goals, and particularly the second. Niels Nkounkou looks decent going forward, but his defensive work is already a significant concern.

However, the most extraordinary sight during the highlights show was Jaden Philogene prancing around the Den in a pair of pink tights. I mean, seriously? What made him think it was a good idea to line up against anyone in pink tights, let alone Millwall?
    I didn’t notice them but I did notice him losing possession continually - he had a very frustrating game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

😂😂. Who would have thought years ago a City side would be playing in all pink.

I presume he feels he has to wear compression tights and I think the colour has to match the shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I didn’t notice them but I did notice him losing possession continually - he had a very frustrating game.
    I’m away so watched it on TV . I counted 5 times he gave the ball away in the first 5-10 minutes.

May well have been the first 5 times he had the ball too.

He improved after, but lMHO shouldn’t have started .

I know I had a go at Ojo (and I’m still not convinced), BUT, this fella is off the scale !!!

How is he ever on a football pitch, everyone around me, in the stand, were screaming to get him off after 10 minutes.

Makes Ojo look like Pele

Please, please, don’t pick him again

I have the same pink tights, its good he can bravely express himself in front of such bigots

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I know I had a go at Ojo (and I’m still not convinced), BUT, this fella is off the scale !!!

How is he ever on a football pitch, everyone around me, in the stand, were screaming to get him off after 10 minutes.

Makes Ojo look like Pele

Please, please, don’t pick him again
    Wingers are generally players that can get fans frustrated and Philogene fits into that category, but Ojo’s been more disappointing than him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have the same pink tights, its good he can bravely express himself in front of such bigots
    Similar here. Mine's pink too with a splash of apricot.

So proud am I of my limp wrist I'm debating whether to clamber up on the roof to display an LGBQT flag from the chimney.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wingers are generally players that can get fans frustrated and Philogene fits into that category, but Ojo’s been more disappointing than him for me.
    Winger, winger you say, he couldn’t beat a f***ing egg

If we pick a team with Philogene, Sawyers and Ojo we are beaten before we kick off

They are all the same and are extremely lightweight

We can just about get away with one of them in the team but all 3 is asking for trouble

Its like the Harry Enfield sketch of Charles Charley Charles playing for Arsenal in the 1920s with loads of pointless stepovers before losing the ball

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Talking of which.......someone Tweeted that they wished that our fans were more like theirs (I think from a passion stand point) and someone else replied that after the abuse that Romeo received and them booing the knee, they couldn't think of a fanbase that they'd LESS want to be like.

Not entirely surprisingly, every Millwall respondent said that Romeo deserved what he got

Philogene and Sawyers were scandalously bad on saturday, granted no one really played well, but they were exceptionally poor. Sawyers for me is a complete luxury player and shouldn't be started until we find our feet.

Talking of which.......someone Tweeted that they wished that our fans were more like theirs (I think from a passion stand point) and someone else replied that after the abuse that Romeo received and them booing the knee, they couldn't think of a fanbase that they'd LESS want to be like.

Not entirely surprisingly, every Millwall respondent said that Romeo deserved what he got
    I believe you were there too. Romeo gave a bit back especially second half and fair play to him. Including calling them a bunch of bankers at one stage.

I wanted him taken off though. Think the challenge that got him booked showed he had seen the red mist a bit and was a red card waiting to happen.

Agree with the lad above too when he says Philogene, Sawyers and Ojo in the same team is too many. At the minute too they are a luxury player who aren't really producing anything.

"Send him back to Villa" seemed to be the general opinion by us. That being the more polite summary of his performance. Got to feel sorry for the lad. Just not up to it and gives the general impression of having the legs of a newborn, pissed-up, giraffe the view of which was exacerbated by being able to see his legs so easily in those tights. All gangly and looking like he'd tackle himself. Definately not N M-L in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Philogene and Sawyers were scandalously bad on saturday, granted no one really played well, but they were exceptionally poor. Sawyers for me is a complete luxury player and shouldn't be started until we find our feet.
    We’d have two goals now if Sawyers wasn’t playing.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I believe you were there too. Romeo gave a bit back especially second half and fair play to him. Including calling them a bunch of bankers at one stage.

I wanted him taken off though. Think the challenge that got him booked showed he had seen the red mist a bit and was a red card waiting to happen.

Agree with the lad above too when he says Philogene, Sawyers and Ojo in the same team is too many. At the minute too they are a luxury player who aren't really producing anything.
    Yep - Romeo made two bad tackles (one in either half) which both looked borne out of the abuse that he was getting, and was lucky to only get booked, I thought. Like you, I was waiting for him to be taken off rather than sent off.

(the Millwall halfwits on Twitter are now suggesting that he 'got what he deserved' due to him objecting to the Millwall fans not supporting the taking of the knee whilst he was there...... Which almost makes it worse!)

Yeah, I knew a bit of the history behind it.

Typical Millwall though. They seem to take the view that will cause most shock or make them look like ****s more often than not.

Yeah, I knew a bit of the history behind it.

Typical Millwall though. They seem to take the view that will cause most shock or make them look like ****s more often than not.
    Just appalling and clearly made our own fans get behind Romeo even more (not that it necessarily helped)

I know a lot of Championship teams are not taking the knee as its lost its affect.

It would be a statement if everyone did it v Millwall.

Just appalling and clearly made our own fans get behind Romeo even more (not that it necessarily helped)
    I had hoped that our lot would have rallied, at least second half, as nothing would have put those fans in their place than us getting the win there. Sadly, the performance was a mile away from where it should have been though.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Similar here. Mine's pink too with a splash of apricot.

So proud am I of my limp wrist I'm debating whether to clamber up on the roof to display an LGBQT flag from the chimney.
    I like to wear a light pink City top over the darker pink tights , there is no shame in expressing oneself , no matter how many hooligans are around you can still knock them down even dressed in pink .

PS limpwrist are a great band

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I know a lot of Championship teams are not taking the knee as its lost its affect.

It would be a statement if everyone did it v Millwall.
    Agreed.

(one of my sons pointed out on Saturday, and I didn't think anything of it at the time, but Millwall had no black players in their team. l wonder if the attitude of large parts of the crowd there deters some players from playing for them, as that is pretty unusual?)

I had hoped that our lot would have rallied, at least second half, as nothing would have put those fans in their place than us getting the win there. Sadly, the performance was a mile away from where it should have been though.
    Agreed.

Agreed.

(one of my sons pointed out on Saturday, and I didn't think anything of it at the time, but Millwall had no black players in their team. l wonder if the attitude of large parts of the crowd there deters some players from playing for them, as that is pretty unusual?)
    I noticed Preston had a similar team makeup. I noticed something similar with them a couple of seasons ago too. I'm sure it's just one of those things.

Agreed.

Um....Afobe...no 7. Scored their second and promptly ran over to the Dockers with his fingers in his ears. A clear message to the boo boys n girls.