+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This new Tottenham stadium is somethin' else!

This new Tottenham stadium is somethin' else!

A great European night!
    Pity that they are struggling to play.
    Conte made too many changes to his preferred XI tonite?

Re: This new Tottenham stadium is somethin' else!

I’ve been there for a few big European games and it is unreal atmosphere wise. The Ajax game up until Ajax scored was unreal.

Yeah not looking too good so far tonight though.

Conte will change the personnel at half time.
    The balance of the team looks wrong. They need to strengthen the midfield.

I was in a small village near Luton and about 30 miles from London in May and was chatting to a bloke who was about 60 and a farm worker.
    Turned out he was a Tottenham ST holder.
    On match days he got the train in (30 mins) and a frequent service.
    Must admit it opened my eyes to the catchment area of London teams.....

We were unlucky with when we built our new stadium. The ~20 years between the 1990's and 2010's was an architectural period devoid of creativity and character when it comes to stadiums. The focus was on cheap and easy identical builds which is a travesty considering these stadiums are meant to be clubs homes for 50-100 years.

Now look at some of the stuff being built and planned in the football league. Villa, Liverpool, Fulham, Forest, Sheffield Utd all with much better expansions than ours. And Everton, Brentford, Spurs and Luton all with much better new stadiums.

Instead we got stuck with a rip off version of the stadiums owned by Derby, Southampton, Reading, MK Dons, etc

The CCS is a great medium sized stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    We were unlucky with when we built our new stadium. The ~20 years between the 1990's and 2010's was an architectural period devoid of creativity and character when it comes to stadiums. The focus was on cheap and easy identical builds which is a travesty considering these stadiums are meant to be clubs homes for 50-100 years.

Now look at some of the stuff being built and planned in the football league. Villa, Liverpool, Fulham, Forest, Sheffield Utd all with much better expansions than ours. And Everton, Brentford, Spurs and Luton all with much better new stadiums.

Instead we got stuck with a rip off version of the stadiums owned by Derby, Southampton, Reading, MK Dons, etc
    I’m happy with our ground especially in comparison to the concourses at places like Anfield, Old Trafford, The Hawthorns, Selhurst Park etc.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m happy with our ground especially in comparison to the concourses at places like Anfield, Old Trafford, The Hawthorns, Selhurst Park etc.
    They're all older stadiums/away ends though. Most modern stadiums have sizeable enough concourses to be comfortable even when busy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's much wrong with the CCS. I think it's a decent enough ground and there's no bad views wherever you sit. It's just a completely bland bowl design which so many stadiums built between 1990 and 2010 follow.

Talking of stadiums, Twickenham, That design is brutalist, it looks like it should be in star wars. I like it though, fascinates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The CCS is a great medium sized stadium.
    Perhaps, after we win the World Cup in Qatar, the Welsh FA will fund the completion of the CCS expansion. It would look a lot better then.
    How much would that cost by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Perhaps, after we win the World Cup in Qatar, the Welsh FA will fund the completion of the CCS expansion. It would look a lot better then.
    How much would that cost by the way?
    If we get rich enough and big enough to expand to 55k I hope we have the sense to fix the roof and slant it downwards. I was getting wet in row FF last night. The gap between the seats and the edge of the roof is huge. Before the Ninian extension I'd be dry in row Q.

A roof like Old Trafford, Elland Road or the new Anfield main stand would help keep the Welsh elements off our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    If we get rich enough and big enough to expand to 55k I hope we have the sense to fix the roof and slant it downwards. I was getting wet in row FF last night. The gap between the seats and the edge of the roof is huge. Before the Ninian extension I'd be dry in row Q.

A roof like Old Trafford, Elland Road or the new Anfield main stand would help keep the Welsh elements off our fans.
    Old Trafford is like a sieve apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Old Trafford is like a sieve apparently.
    Because it leaks or because they let in a lot of goals?

What I've noticed about CCS is the angle of the incline of the seats - which means the higher seats are some distance away from the pitch compared to the older grounds that I was used to.
    The TV views of the new Tottenham stadium seem to indicate that the incline is greater - which means a better viewing experience (unlike the new West Ham stadium). But not as steep as the upper tier of the Principality Stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Talking of stadiums, Twickenham, That design is brutalist, it looks like it should be in star wars. I like it though, fascinates me.
    Allegiant Stadium. Nicknamed the Death Star.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Allegiant Stadium. Nicknamed the Death Star.

It's no Ninian Park

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's no Ninian Park
    It cost $2Billion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Murrayfield is similar to Twickenham in respect of brutalist design , wasn’t it redeveloped around the same time ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Murrayfield is similar to Twickenham in respect of brutalist design , wasn’t it redeveloped around the same time ?
    The bernabeu Is brutalist as well, as was the old National stadium. There's a fascination within the ugliness in my opinion. It's imposing and a bit intimidating. These cladded retail park stadiums just don't do it for me.