+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Energy Prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Energy Prices

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For months there has been a section of society really struggling to cope with the current situation regarding energy prices. From the beginning of next month, many of these people will have to find more than five hundred pounds a year more to pay for their energy before it reaches the level where the freezing of annual charges at £2.500 comes into force.

You have the means to pay £2,500 a year for your energy I presume as do I know because I qualified for the state pension in February, but, if all of this had been happening in 2021, I would not have been able to cope financially.

The proposals unveiled yesterday help, of course they do, but, for me, when faced with the choice between aiding people and money (business), the Tories, as they always do, have, effectively, sided with the money, What we've got is help today, which will have to be paid for by us, not the people who are really benefiting financially from the current situation, tomorrow - of course, it's better than nothing, but I think it's out of step with the current mood of the country.
    Don’t they get 400 or 800 quid free towards that also? Or has that gone now?

Re: Energy Prices

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t they get 400 or 800 quid free towards that also? Or has that gone now?
    Everyone will get £400 off bills for 6 months..ie £66 off their bills. I live in a two bed flat and I'll almost certainly be paying less for fuel this winter than any point in my life.

People on the following benefits will also receive £650 in two one-off sums, the first of which came a month or so ago. The next in October. People can spend that how they like.
    Universal Credit
    income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
    income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
    Income Support
    Pension Credit
    Child Tax Credit
    Working Tax Credit