+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CCMB changes

Re: CCMB changes

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Some people would undoubtedly use it to throw further abuse and threats at people though. People on other boards could also openly read details of posters. I am not even sure that data protection laws would allow it.
    Nowt wrong with meeting up in a pub for a few beers though.

I think keeping the separate forums as its now been done is enough. Football, casual chat, general entertainment all in one place keeps it busy enough but not cluttered. All the more controversial topics are kept out of the way but easily accessible for those who want to partake.
    Maybe one or two trusted posters to be moderators to keep all the topics in their correct area.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Some people would undoubtedly use it to throw further abuse and threats at people though. People on other boards could also openly read details of posters. I am not even sure that data protection laws would allow it.
    Probably try to get people fired too, there are some right nutters on here.

I've used this board since 1999. Prior to Brexit, I honestly can't remember any threads of a political nature. There were arguments about pretty much anything an everything else, but politics was very rarely a factor, while Cardiff City Football Club and football in general were far and away the most prominent topics.

Several cliques developed on the board over the years which disrupted it during various periods, but things usually settled down again after a few months. However, in recent years the board has become an utter cesspit. Day after day, it is cluttered with absolute garbage which being posted by the same people over and over again, and it never has anything to do with CCFC, football or sport in general.

If these individuals continue to dominate the forum, it will lose more and more decent contributors. Absolutely no doubt about that. And if the cowards who post under multiple usernames are able to continue to wreck thread upon thread with their poisonous bile, the board is finished.

If CCMB is restricted to CCFC, football, sport and entertainment, it stands a chance of surviving and even thriving. But if it continues down the same path it's been travelling in recent years, it won't last much longer.

This messageboard has lost some good posters over the years and doesn't thrive as much as it used to. Even then there have always been issues with some posters causing havoc. I can't see how that will ever change. All boards have them.

It just needs those posters to be banned as soon as it becomes clear what their game is. They will reinvent themselves under different user names but just need to be banned again.

Beyond that this place is still a worthwhile place to visit although I must admit to posting a fair bit less than I used to

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If I was in charge I would do away with the politics board completely.
    Ditto….no one ever agrees and it’s very divisive. Moreover, many people can’t handle others who have very different political views, they decide they don’t like them purely as they don’t agree….

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've used this board since 1999. Prior to Brexit, I honestly can't remember any threads of a political nature. There were arguments about pretty much anything an everything else, but politics was very rarely a factor, while Cardiff City Football Club and football in general were far and away the most prominent topics.

Several cliques developed on the board over the years which disrupted it during various periods, but things usually settled down again after a few months. However, in recent years the board has become an utter cesspit. Day after day, it is cluttered with absolute garbage which being posted by the same people over and over again, and it never has anything to do with CCFC, football or sport in general.

If these individuals continue to dominate the forum, it will lose more and more decent contributors. Absolutely no doubt about that. And if the cowards who post under multiple usernames are able to continue to wreck thread upon thread with their poisonous bile, the board is finished.

If CCMB is restricted to CCFC, football, sport and entertainment, it stands a chance of surviving and even thriving. But if it continues down the same path it's been travelling in recent years, it won't last much longer.
    Can’t their IPs not be blocked? It always had a few loose units on it, even back in the late 90’s early 00…..I guess people like Lither really are a new low and it’s not right to hear that nonsense on what’s mainly a football site ( although I think it’s great for the other stuff like recommendations help etc)

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ditto….no one ever agrees and it’s very divisive. Moreover, many people can’t handle others who have very different political views, they decide they don’t like them purely as they don’t agree….
    It's also amplified by the impersonal nature of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's impossible to impose. I'd be asking for photo ID from everyone.
    It would end up like fb then with no one ever posting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can’t their IPs not be blocked? It always had a few loose units on it, even back in the late 90’s early 00.
    I like the theory that they could be saboteurs from a rival message board.

I like the theory that they could be saboteurs from a rival message board.
    I posted that in jest ......or did I? Thinking about it, it’s akin to rival establishments infiltrating Trip Adviser reviews. Mind you Lither didn’t exactly come in under cover, did he, worst secret agent ever

If I was in charge I would do away with the politics board completely.
    Totally agree. There are some many brainwashed deluded lefties on here that blame the Govt for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Totally agree. There are some many brainwashed deluded lefties on here that blame the Govt for everything.
    Why are you not talking sport ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Why are you not talking sport ?
    Because it was a response agreeing to banning political threads on here 😊

Blaming the people that govern the country for the state of the country. Mental that

I blame people who listen to Talksport......shite

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I blame people who listen to Talksport......shite
    Simon Jordan, what a blowhard.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Blaming the people that govern the country for the state of the country. Mental that
    DON’T DO IT MR 1927!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I can remember politics threads starting around 2009 when a poster who called himself something like Gordon Brown's Economic Suicide started posting. For years we had Trublue, Feedback and the original Croesy posting stuff and, to a similar extent, Sludge and others from the opposite side. Things used to get feisty back then. I took a year out from this board as a result

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    DON’T DO IT MR 1927!!!
    Hahaha I couldn’t edit my post quick enough, after my change of heart. I need to learn to breathe through it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I can remember politics threads starting around 2009 when a poster who called himself something like Gordon Brown's Economic Suicide started posting. For years we had Trublue, Feedback and the original Croesy posting stuff and, to a similar extent, Sludge and others from the opposite side. Things used to get feisty back then. I took a year out from this board as a result
    Splott David as well, he was a raging antisemite wasn’t he? Or am I misremembering? Got shot in the arse once as I recall

Posters who come on here solely to bait people, twist their words and generally wind people up need to be stopped.
    I think most of us can think of an example.

The good old days before everything became a conspiracy theory.

The back and fore between Feedback and Archibald Leitch were things of beauty back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    The back and fore between Feedback and Archibald Leitch were things of beauty back then!
    Yep those two would go on and one for page after page. Also Blue Plato? Or something like that