+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nice Story about Jonathan Morgan

Nice Story about Jonathan Morgan

Ex City.
    TBH cant really remember him at all. Perhaps someone on here can enlighten me.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/e...r-who-24961214

Re: Nice Story about Jonathan Morgan

I was at both those games. The Jacks game we had a lot of injuries and turned up suprised to see Alan Lewis in the starting line up.

The 5-2 win was one of those rare days you had enjoying the day out and game.

Morgans goal was really funny and in front of us. Cohen Griffith broke brilliantly and put Morgan in from about 2 yards which he just couldnt miss. However miss he did. Somehow hits the bar but the ball comes back and be knocks the ball in. Proceeds to go mental and runs behind the goal celebrating.

Any player wearing a City shirt whilst defeating Swansea should be given the freedom of the city

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Ex City.
    He was a midfielder in a poor City team. I remember him scoring at Birmingham, but didn’t recall him scoring in that big win at Craven Cottage or that he’d had to pack it in at 22.

I thought he’d been released by the club - I remember him getting some good reviews when he started in the first team, but it must have been especially hard for a youngster in a struggling side and I seem to remember that he was in and out of the team a lot.

Well done to him on that appointment though

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I was at both those games. The Jacks game we had a lot of injuries and turned up suprised to see Alan Lewis in the starting line up.

The 5-2 win was one of those rare days you had enjoying the day out and game.

Morgans goal was really funny and in front of us. Cohen Griffith broke brilliantly and put Morgan in from about 2 yards which he just couldnt miss. However miss he did. Somehow hits the bar but the ball comes back and be knocks the ball in. Proceeds to go mental and runs behind the goal celebrating.
    Thanks

Great story, congratulations to him

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Ex City.
    I know Jonathan though work and he is one of the world's nice guys - deserves all he gets 👍

He is a good fella and deserves this
    Hes still a big City fan sits with us in the Ninian Stand.

If you can get a look at his goal v Fulham, it’s comedic and we give him stick for it but we all know we’d give anything to put on the shirt never mind score a goal or be on the pitch when we turn over the Jacks

I’ve just sent him this thread

I remember Jon Morgan. Played regularly for us in central midfield late 80s, early 90s. Didn’t realise he had to quit through injury. Glad to see he’s done well for himself 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    He is a good fella and deserves this
    Hes still a big City fan sits with us in the Ninian Stand.

If you can get a look at his goal v Fulham, it’s comedic and we give him stick for it but we all know we’d give anything to put on the shirt never mind score a goal or be on the pitch when we turn over the Jacks

I’ve just sent him this thread
    I remember him. I was at the club when he was there. I'm sure that he was a Llanedeyrn boy? There were a few of us from that end who were schoolboys then Apprentices. Morgs used to be mates with another lad from Fairwater who was with the club, jon burrows (buzz) who was a really good fullback. I can remember training with him when i was a schoolboy, on weekends, with an old coach named Len. He'll probably remember. He was a good player, nice touch and an eye for a pass. I don't know if he'll remember me, but send him my regards. Dan.