+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Ramsey hamstring

Aaron Ramsey hamstring

Aaron Ramsey: Wales midfielder looks set to miss Nations League games. Jeez we need him fit for the World Cup. Hope he's fully fit and 100% raring to go come November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62825730

Re: Aaron Ramsey hamstring

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Aaron Ramsey: Wales midfielder looks set to miss Nations League games. Jeez we need him fit for the World Cup. Hope he's fully fit and 100% raring to go come November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62825730
    Is he ever fully fit these days? I can see why Juve wanted rid. I really don’t think he is the player he once was. Euro 2016 was his peak and it seems to have been a steady decline ever since.

He’s been fully fit for our two previous tournaments, which is a miracle by itself.

If he was fit for a third it would be unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Is he ever fully fit these days? I can see why Juve wanted rid. I really don’t think he is the player he once was. Euro 2016 was his peak and it seems to have been a steady decline ever since.
    It is hard to disagree with this :-(

He may not be the player he was but hes still by a distance our best midfielder.

Ramsey’s finishing big wasn’t great against Turkey, but, otherwise,that was a masterclass of what he could bring to Wales in 2021. I think it’s worth the risk seeing if he can do the same in 2022 - after that, maybe it’ll be time to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ramsey’s finishing big wasn’t great against Turkey, but, otherwise,that was a masterclass of what he could bring to Wales in 2021. I think it’s worth the risk seeing if he can do the same in 2022 - after that, maybe it’ll be time to look elsewhere.
    I dont.

If there was a number of young central midfielders coming through then maybe. But if Ramsey is out it leaves Joe Allen who himself is past his best and could be his last tournament and Joe Morrell.

We arent exactly blessed with quality in CM.

If hes fit he carries on.