+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Poland ticket prices

Wales v Poland ticket prices

£40 for an adult ticket in the Ninian or Grandstand. £30 in the family stand

A few thousand tickets left and the Ninian top tier isn't open either so clearly they don't expect a sell out at those prices.

Re: Wales v Poland ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

A few thousand tickets left and the Ninian top tier isn't open either so clearly they don't expect a sell out at those prices.
    All three NL games have been the same price. Discount given if you bought them as a pack of 3.

the welsh fa cashing in ,well i never

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Seriously? Thats a disgrace.!

Plus Booking Fee, plus Transaction Fee - £44 in total.

Times have changed, I bought a tournament ticket for EURO 2016 qualifiers - 5 games for £80!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    All three NL games have been the same price. Discount given if you bought them as a pack of 3.
    And neither game has sold out. 26k for Belgium and 23k for the Netherlands. The FAW should be trying to get the stadium sold out weeks in advance, surely the financial gain from selling out at 30 quid a ticket and staying in League A outweighs 3 games priced at 40 quid a ticket and potentially getting relegated.
    I can't imagine we'd get much more than 20k for the likes of Bosnia, Israel, Greece, etc in League B if tickets stay the same price.

There's been a lot written in recent years about the rise of the welsh national football team, and how the atmopshere has improved and ticket prices are fair and attendances good etc. All of it richly deserved, as the FAW is transformed from 10-20 years ago.

They need to be wary though, and this should raise a few alarms that the games aren't selling out prior to the first world cup appearance in 60+ years.

Personally, I can't stand the Nations League. It's weird, confusing and muddies the waters of qualification. Yep, it's of higher importance than a friendly, but for me it's well below a qualification game, and yet the price is the same.

FAW need to keep an eye on it, esp against accusations of greed given how much more the world cup will bring in

How many home games to Wales play in a year?… gate receipts are probably not a huge revenue driver. Is £44 really that excessive? Inflation is crazy currently.
    Try buying a Welsh rugby ticket for that money and they don’t even have a great product at the moment.
    I’m going to watch the Blue Jays play the Tampa Bay Rays today… it’s one of 81 hone games they have this season. Tickets are £56

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    How many home games to Wales play in a year?… gate receipts are probably not a huge revenue driver. Is £44 really that excessive? Inflation is crazy currently.
    Try buying a Welsh rugby ticket for that money and they don’t even have a great product at the moment.
    I’m going to watch the Blue Jays play the Tampa Bay Rays today… it’s one of 81 hone games they have this season. Tickets are £56
    tbh, yeah I think £44 for what I personally consider to be a friendly is excessive.

I'm also off to Brussels next week for the Belgium game so I feel like I've spent enough on Wales this month!

Nonetheless, the FAW has a great reputation vs the WRU at the moment and would be wise to try and keep it that way

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    tbh, yeah I think £44 for what I personally consider to be a friendly is excessive.

I'm also off to Brussels next week for the Belgium game so I feel like I've spent enough on Wales this month!

Nonetheless, the FAW has a great reputation vs the WRU at the moment and would be wise to try and keep it that way
    £44 was for Grandstand and Ninian Stand tickets though. The Canton Stand is cheaper.

£20 is plenty at the moment, for glorified friendly’s

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    £44 was for Grandstand and Ninian Stand tickets though. The Canton Stand is cheaper.
    They're £34 and pretty much sold out before tickets go on sale due to bundle tickets

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Rugby is a much more middle class sport that has always had higher ticket prices. 6 Nations tickets are £100+ these days and games still sell out.

American sports aren't even comparable, some standard tickets over there cost as much as a season ticket here.

For the 2016 qualifiers my adult ticket was £21 per game with booking fees and friendlies (which the Nations League is barely a step above) during that period were £10. For someone on minimum wage, £44 is nearly 5 hours pay and the fact we had 10,000 empty seats against one of the best teams in Europe shows that people do consider the price excessive and fans are being priced out.

Can I just add, that even at £20, that is not the final cost, you then have all the add on’s .

£1 for me, £1 for you, £1 for the next round, £1 for our luxury day out, taking it too £24

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

They had Red Wall season tickets a while ago. What happened to those? I saw these prices and it's a big fat no for me. As BlueTit says, glorified friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    They had Red Wall season tickets a while ago. What happened to those? I saw these prices and it's a big fat no for me. As BlueTit says, glorified friendlies.
    They are still doing them. I got one in the Canton for this Nations' League for £81, add ons included. That's £27 per game for Netherlands, Belgium and Poland. That seems pretty good value to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    They are still doing them. I got one in the Canton for this Nations' League for £81, add ons included. That's £27 per game for Netherlands, Belgium and Poland. That seems pretty good value to me.
    Thanks for that. I missed that offer. That's pretty good to be honest. It was good having the STs last time (pre Covid I think) as you get to know a few of the people around you over three games.