+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Ratcliffe

Kevin Ratcliffe

Why do Radio Wales continue to employ him? He's a terrible summariser who can't be arsed pronouncing names correctly. Apparently Romario was playing at right wing-back for City last night

Re: Kevin Ratcliffe

Jobs for the boys isn't it. In fairness some of the ex welsh players are decent enough but yeah Ratcliffe just sounds like a confused old bloke walking around asda in his slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    ......Ratcliffe just sounds like a confused old bloke walking around asda in his slippers.

His pronunciation of Rinomhota first half was a good one. I'm not sure what the correct way is but I'm still 99% sure his wasn't it.

He's always been like it, it isn't an age thing. He's a bit thick. I find it amusing, I'd be more ****ed off if he started getting the names right.

The local radio commentators from the opposition are usually very good. I was listening to commentary from the Tees radio guys last night who are very passionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The local radio commentators from the opposition are usually very good. I was listening to commentary from the Tees radio guys last night who are very passionate.
    But very complimentary to us on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But very complimentary to us on many occasions.
    Yes, they are usually very aware and up to date with the opposition and their players

He pronounced Rubin Colwill poor as well its was like Col well ,didn't have the nonce to call him Rubin Colwill or expand on why he should come on earlier in a tactical sense , any neutral would not have known he was a young welsh prospect , he salivated about their lad Jones , I'm guessing he could read and say his name easily .

As a tax payer , and I want my value for my money I want him sacked , how do we go about that , anyone up for an on line petition ????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As a tax payer , and I want my value for my money I want him sacked , how do we go about that , anyone up for an on line petition ????
    What has being a taxpayer got to do with it?

Can’t listen to him since we had Glenn Loovens, he would constantly slag him off for mistake after mistake. If you listened to the radio you would have thought he was awful. Then you speak to people who went to the game and read echo ratings and he was MOTM lol

Didn't he get Shrewsbury and,
    Chester relegated

Who was commentating on the game last night from a Cardiff perspective? Cockney ex player, sounded like Darren Purse maybe ?

He pronounced Rubin Colwill poor as well its was like Col well ,didn't have the nonce to call him Rubin Colwill or expand on why he should come on earlier in a tactical sense , any neutral would not have known he was a young welsh prospect , he salivated about their lad Jones , I'm guessing he could read and say his name easily .

You're the gift that keeps giving. You are in no place to be critical of Kevin Ratcliffe..Scooby Doo makes more sense than you.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Who was commentating on the game last night from a Cardiff perspective? Cockney ex player, sounded like Darren Purse maybe ?
    Yeah he brought me down quicker than Valium

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Haha he’s a legend in my eyes, I quite enjoyed listening to him

a few years back when I used to put the radio on for games, he was always very negative to us, really over the top slagging of players, I couldnt put up with it, very poor imho

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Joined late and took a while to work out who it was. Nice guy i'm sure but dull as dishwater. I did enjoy Roger Johnson (?) the other week

If he can't pronounce names he could do what Jack Charlton used to do and call everyone "the big fella" and "your man".

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    If he can't pronounce names he could do what Jack Charlton used to do and call everyone "the big fella" and "your man".
    Sounds like me at every social occasion I go to.

Alright mate...
    Alright mate...

Always trickier when it comes to women

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you think that the joke is on us?

As a tax payer why would you have that Barry Bennell with him to pronounce his name

The thing that annoys me most about his summary is when he responds to something that has just happened with words to this effect… “oooh, whoa, he could be in trouble here”
    Who? Why? Even what team the person in potential trouble plays for would be a welcome clue, let alone where on the pitch it happened.

I don't mind him. He can be frustrating at times though for sure. Waffles on a bit and tends to get over-excited, but heard worse over the years.