Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday 17th September, ko 3:00pm

Match Officials

Referee: DEAN WHITESTONE
    Assistants: Paul Hodskinson and Andrew Aylott
    Fourth Official : Martin Coy

A third away trip on the bounce and the last game of September before the international break.

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Don't want to put the mockers on it, but I was quietly confident that we would get something out of this game, even before last night's win. Which I certainly did not expect.

They just sacked their manager. Could’ve held out until after our game surely!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    They just sacked their manager. Could’ve held out until after our game surely!
    Beat me to it - new manager bounce and all that

I watched the highlights of their game and I know its not always a guide but they missed some chances last night - looked like small margins

Would you start the same team has Boro?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Will Joe Ralls be fit? He went off injured yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Will Joe Ralls be fit? He went off injured yesterday.
    Morison said in his post match that we wouldn't see him until international break??

Fancy us to turn them over they are poor this season after selling their best players

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Fancy us to turn them over they are poor this season after selling their best players
    yes I fancy us getting a win, which will almost certainly mean we will lose meekly.
    was convinced we would get stuffed by Middlesbrough and thought we would batter Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes I fancy us getting a win, which will almost certainly mean we will lose meekly.
    was convinced we would get stuffed by Middlesbrough and thought we would batter Reading.
    Confidence should be up after the 1st half Tuesday. Hopefully the 2nd half performance doesn’t dampen confidence too much as we still took the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The 'roller-coaster ride' that is supporting Cardiff City!
    They deliver when you least expect it, and fail to turn up when you do.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Beat me to it - new manager bounce and all that

I watched the highlights of their game and I know its not always a guide but they missed some chances last night - looked like small margins
    They haven't got one yet (I hope)

Huddersfield have pretty consistently played a 3 at the back in the last couple of years I think, so I'll wonder if we will look to match up against them again, or , given that Huddersfield on paper anyway look a bit weaker than Middlesbrough will we just play our own way?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Same team - same formation for me, With Sawyers coming in for Ralls. Looked loads better with Robinson and two up top.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Same team - same formation for me, With Sawyers coming in for Ralls. Looked loads better with Robinson and two up top.

Huddersfield match thread, always find these an interesting read

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/t...tch-day-thread

Huddersfield got seriously asset stripped over the summer - and it shows. Fairly harsh sacking I thought.

O’Dowda and Robinson connection 🇮🇪
    I’m predicting an Irish goal and 3 points

I hope we go for the same formation, and keep on the front foot, it will be interesting to see who replaces Ralls?
    Let's hope we build on the Boro result

Didn’t expect anything from Boro and think this will be a similar game in toughness.

1-2 City

There was a moment in the boro game when we were 0-1 up, and they simply couldn’t get past the high press - I was only watching on sky, but their crowd would not stop booing. This was even before sparky header.

That 352 formation won’t work everywhere - but that first half at boro midweek made me realise SM is a legit good coach. Second half tactics were abysmal tho lol. But yes, we will win today 👍

A little more pessimistic....I think Huddersfield have lost their last two homes games(?)....how often does a side lose three in a row at home?

I don’t think it’s unfair to say Nkounkou is up there with our worst ever loan signings. Awful going forward - literally cannot pass and cannot defend for his life, constantly out of position and creating havoc. I don’t understand why people say - good going forward - when?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    I don’t think it’s unfair to say Nkounkou is up there with our worst ever loan signings. Awful going forward - literally cannot pass and cannot defend for his life, constantly out of position and creating havoc. I don’t understand why people say - good going forward - when?
    I'm not sure what Bagan's done wrong to end up so far down the pecking order

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    I think it is unfair.

Lumping him with the likes of Eddie and Bywater at this stage is harsh.

He may get better but id rather develop and play Bagan.