+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Because people ( especially ) Cardiff City fans love to moan, never happier than when Moaning, we even love to moan about people moaning

We moaned at playing a long / direct ball, it was dull

We Moaned at buying over priced big tall lumps from Bristol City

We Moaned that the club were not investing in the future and trying to unearth young players to play decent to watch football

10 games in, we are not top, its reason enough to moan, Oh for the heady days of the 1st day the we beat Norwich, things were good then
    10 games in we are not top.??😂😂😂

You think thats why we are moaning. 😂😂

Did you see todays game and the side we lost to.

We were seriously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘Recruited brilliantly’?! We are 18th and on a poor run. That does not sound like brilliant recruitment to me at this point in time.

I actually think that he has picked up the odd decent player and I’m still more optimistic than lots of people on here but I can’t see how this currently equates to ‘brilliant recruitment’ other than having got rid of lots of dead wood with cheaper alternatives.

Hopefully I’m wrong though.
    Basically you saying pay peanuts - get monkeys? What is it 9 new starters? That’s brilliantly recruited imo.

Tactically he could boil an egg clearly but we have a far better squad than last year

Don't think tactics and systems of playing are the issue - we've got this strange away record where we're competitive and have taken points against highly fancied teams pre season when we play under floodlights in midweek and cautious, soft and lethargic when we play on a weekend afternoon against less fancied teams. At the moment, our season is being defined by the shocking losses at Reading, Bristol City, Millwall and Huddersfield where we got exactly what we deserved. Is it something to do with how we prepare for weekend away games that is different from how we do for midweek ones?

To me, the performance level when we play well is too high for a relegation side, but the fact that I think we played well against Birmingham and Preston and ended up scoring one goal points to the weakness which could drag us into the relegation dogfight - we've played twenty two halves of football in all competitions this season and in only one of them have we looked like a team that will create and take a decent number of chances.

For me, we've got a familiar problem - underperforming wingers with the exception of O'Dowda (who wasn't great yesterday or at Bristol).

We've got a much better balanced midfield than we had, but it lacks dynamism - apparently Adams has that quality in spades, so maybe he'll make a difference when fit, but we're going to be playing a lot of weekend away games this season and our performance in them has got to improve greatly if we are to see this new team playing to the potential I feel it has.

Where does the cost of our squad and wage bill rank in the league this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    Collins
    Kipre
    Adams
    O’Dowda
    Allsop
    Romeo
    Sawyers
    Rinhamota
    Robinson

That’s 9 great signings for £650k?
    The reason we got those players is that none of them were wanted by top half championship teams, and none of the bottom half championship teams would pay the wages we were offering.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Where does the cost of our squad and wage bill rank in the league this season?
    Exactly where we are I’d say….maybe a few places up

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    10 games in we are not top.??������

You think thats why we are moaning. ����

We were seriously bad.
    No we are not, let’s see how Octobers fixtures go

He definitely does not deserve the axe - as said above, I think he’s actually recruited brilliantly. But there is no rhyme or reason to our game at the moment bar boro first half and brum. Second half boro and today were awful.

It’s annoying as hell - because I was so confident about today / then he starts that clown Nkounkou - and it’s like what are you watching?
    I agree he has recruited well, as a chief scout he’s doing a good job, but he’s employed as a manager and at that role he is not good at all.

Basically you saying pay peanuts - get monkeys? What is it 9 new starters? That’s brilliantly recruited imo.

Tactically he could boil an egg clearly but we have a far better squad than last year
    Hold on. Anyone could recruit 9 new players who effectively have been disregarded by their previous clubs. That is basic recruitment that goes on in every business and isn’t difficult (it is laborious and time consuming but not hard to do at all)

Now will they be any good or not, time will tell.

Brilliant recruitment it most definitely isn’t. Yet.

It is just recruitment at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think tactics and systems of playing are the issue - we've got this strange away record where we're competitive and have taken points against highly fancied teams pre season when we play under floodlights in midweek and cautious, soft and lethargic when we play on a weekend afternoon against less fancied teams. At the moment, our season is being defined by the shocking losses at Reading, Bristol City, Millwall and Huddersfield where we got exactly what we deserved. Is it something to do with how we prepare for weekend away games that is different from how we do for midweek ones?

To me, the performance level when we play well is too high for a relegation side, but the fact that I think we played well against Birmingham and Preston and ended up scoring one goal points to the weakness which could drag us into the relegation dogfight - we've played twenty two halves of football in all competitions this season and in only one of them have we looked like a team that will create and take a decent number of chances.

For me, we've got a familiar problem - underperforming wingers with the exception of O'Dowda (who wasn't great yesterday or at Bristol).

We've got a much better balanced midfield than we had, but it lacks dynamism - apparently Adams has that quality in spades, so maybe he'll make a difference when fit, but we're going to be playing a lot of weekend away games this season and our performance in them has got to improve greatly if we are to see this new team playing to the potential I feel it has.
    The conclusion seems to be that if we have more time to prepare we are more likely to lose

"It was a difficult one today, because we didn't know what they were going to do. They made a lot of changes, changed their formation, changed their style of play. Took all risk out of the game.

"We had to freshen it up. Sparky [Mark Harris] had a dead leg from the game on Tuesday, so he hadn't trained up until we came up today.

"So we thought we'd change it up, freshen it up and try and hurt them regardless of what shape on the turnover, which we did at times in the first half after the first 10-15 minutes. Obviously having Sparky on the bench we had the ability to then change and we did. We went for it with a couple more up top and got Callum [O'Dowda] back to wingback.

"So we couldn't really figure out what they were going to do until we saw their team-sheet."

Should we be worrying so much about what the opposition is going to do when they're 2nd bottom with just 1 win all season? What we did at Boro was good enough to win the game - just stick with that as far as injuries allow.

Where's the leadership on the field?
    Ever since I've followed the City, we've had recognised leaders.... Joe Dwyer, Paul Ramsey, Darren Purse, Graham Kavanagh, Mark Hudson, Sol Bamba, Sean Morrison.....
    There are no leaders out there in this squad.
    Joe Ralls, through a combination of fitness and form issues, means he's only going to play a cameo role for us this season anyway. Besides, he's just not captain material, far too quiet.

Perhaps Allsop is the nearest we have, but I'm not in favour of 'keepers being made captain, they aren't in the thick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    "It was a difficult one today, because we didn't know what they were going to do. They made a lot of changes, changed their formation, changed their style of play. Took all risk out of the game.

"We had to freshen it up. Sparky [Mark Harris] had a dead leg from the game on Tuesday, so he hadn't trained up until we came up today.

"So we thought we'd change it up, freshen it up and try and hurt them regardless of what shape on the turnover, which we did at times in the first half after the first 10-15 minutes. Obviously having Sparky on the bench we had the ability to then change and we did. We went for it with a couple more up top and got Callum [O'Dowda] back to wingback.

"So we couldn't really figure out what they were going to do until we saw their team-sheet."

Should we be worrying so much about what the opposition is going to do when they're 2nd bottom with just 1 win all season? What we did at Boro was good enough to win the game - just stick with that as far as injuries allow.
    I listened to that part of the interview and thought that he was overthinking it. Morison clearly prepares methodically which is definitely a strong characteristic. But you can go too far.

Knowing where that limit is, is probably down to experience? (that said, Pep gets accused of over thinking things! 🤦*♂️)

Good teams don't worry too much about the opposition shape - they play to their strengths and defy the other team to best them......

10 games in we are not top.??������

You think thats why we are moaning. ����

We were seriously bad.
    I did list a few other reasons people are moaning

No, I didnt see the game, I was coaching my girls opening game of the season, we won, so all was good , but I do understand we didnt play well against a poor team, it happens, its football

He most definitely hasnt recruited brilliantly.

Come off it.
    Sorry for non-reply at the time. Was deployed

Yep - I look the fool now 😎

Hopefully after the World Cup we’ll see adams turning into a paddy vieira type

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hold on. Anyone could recruit 9 new players who effectively have been disregarded by their previous clubs. That is basic recruitment that goes on in every business and isn’t difficult (it is laborious and time consuming but not hard to do at all)

Now will they be any good or not, time will tell.

Brilliant recruitment it most definitely isn’t. Yet.

It is just recruitment at the moment.
    Yep - I got caught in the moment

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I agree he has recruited well, as a chief scout he’s doing a good job, but he’s employed as a manager and at that role he is not good at all.
    He did recruit well ��
    Results were poor and he was fired

Are we seeing any better ?