+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Today we played a worse team than Middlesbrough and made things easy for them from the first minute. I don't understand the different approach from a few days ago.
    I think that the early goal gave us some momentum and confidence against a shit Boro side that didn't turn up until the second half.

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why was it to be expected? Morison signed most of these players and he had a full preseason with them. At some point people will have to stop making excuses for him.
    If it were that easy to build a team and squad we’d all be doing it

We are terrible as bad as weve been since back at this level.

But there has been a call for a big change in style. Morison is clearly trying to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If it were that easy to build a team and squad we’d all be doing it
    Who would do all of the other jobs?

Massive over reaction as usual on here.
    No surprise eh….win one lose one like everyone else it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who would do all of the other jobs?
    The robots.

Just a few things after today.
    The Championship is sh*t. I mean, really bad. The football from so many teams is rubbish.
    Apart from a first half against 'borough....we're sh*t and may turn out to be the worst 3.
    LDLLWL
    I've seen enough. He has to go and we get someone in who knows what they're doing. Use the International Break to sort it out.
    If, and it's a big if, we get the right guy (and don't ask me who that is, I don't know and I'm not paid to know) there's a chance we can climb up the table this season and kick on (remember Forest last season?).
    Had enough of this malarky last season and it's getting worse not better.
    No more excuses, be ruthless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The Championship is sh*t. I mean, really bad. The football from so many teams is rubbish.
    Apart from a first half against 'borough....we're sh*t and may turn out to be the worst 3.
    LDLLWL
    I've seen enough. He has to go and we get someone in who knows what they're doing. Use the International Break to sort it out.
    If, and it's a big if, we get the right guy (and don't ask me who that is, I don't know and I'm not paid to know) there's a chance we can climb up the table this season and kick on (remember Forest last season?).
    I think any manager should be judged after 10 games with a good pre- season. Time is running out for him.
    He’s appears obsessed with Data and XG’s. I think this job is too much for him.

LDLLWL
    West Brom have won 1 game all season. Reading would be in league 1 in any other year but are currently 3rd. And Huddersfield aren't as bad as folk are making out. We've got an almost completely new squad, which cost next to nothing. For crying out loud, give it til Christmas before calling for another manager's head.

Are you suggesting we have the squad and the ability for a crack at the playoffs?

It's all very well saying that the team needs to gel, it'll take time etc, but to me, that's just noise if there isn't another factor, like good performance, individual progress, responsibility from players, urgency. Saying that it will just take time because we have a new squad doesn't really hold up when we're not really seeing what it actually is that is going to take some time!

First Team

After 10 games my observations are:

Allsop as a distributor of the ball is good, as a keeper he is a downgrade
    We have loaned a comedy left back from Everton
    Simpson is beginning to look more of a liability than an asset
    Kipre is good
    Any combination of Sawyers, Philogene, and Ojo appears pointless - they all give the ball away too easily with gay abandon
    I like Wintle but I feel like we aren't getting the best out of him when he plays too far forward
    O'Dowda is decent
    Harris tries and we look better when he's on the pitch even if he doesn't score a lot
    Colwill appears to be going backwards
    Is Robinson really that much of an upgrade? He looks like a number 10 not a striker to me.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

Kipre is good
    Any combination of Sawyers, Philogene, and Ojo appears pointless - they all give the ball away too easily with gay abandon
    I like Wintle but I feel like we aren't getting the best out of him when he plays too far forward
    O'Dowda is decent
    Harris tries and we look better when he's on the pitch even if he doesn't score a lot
    Is Robinson really that much of an upgrade? He looks like a number 10 not a striker to me.

Just my opinion.
    Comedy left back made me chuckle

Warnock used the free agent market to stay up and we need to do the same now.

Whether the level of player he brought in is available I don't know.

As it stands we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting we have the squad and the ability for a crack at the playoffs?
    No.

I do think the standard of Championship football has been getting worse (I'm speaking as a punter here not a stats person..that's not a dig BTW). People talk about L1 and L2 but I'm just seeing a naked Emperor outside of the obscenely rich upper echelons of the PL in every league. Football's dire a lot of the time. The product is awful.

I just think there're too many excuses now and I'm a ruthless b*gger and can't stand indecision and hoping things will turn out OK in the end. I think that's denial and fans justifying their investment.

It was to be expected after such a change in approach. What are our other options? He deserves until January and let’s see where we are.
    I'd give Morison until the world cup break in November. If we are still struggling, then he has to go.

I knew the writing was on the wall today when i saw the team's line up. Only one striker to start the game with! Morison should have started with Harris as well. We should have gone at Huddersfield in the first half (and the 2nd half too) like we went at Middlesboro in the 1st half. Huddersfield have been really poor this season and were there for the taking! Oh, and what's wrong with starting with Colwell. We should be building the team around him, not letting him take cameo appearances here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd give Morison until the world cup break in November. If we are still struggling, then he has to go.

I knew the writing was on the wall today when i saw the team's line up. Only one striker to start the game with! Morison should have started with Harris as well. We should have gone at Huddersfield in the first half (and the 2nd half too) like we went at Middlesboro in the 1st half. Huddersfield have been really poor this season and were there for the taking! Oh, and what's wrong with starting with Colwell. We should be building the team around him, not letting him take cameo appearances here and there
    I didn’t see the game today but understand that we were poor.

Why didn’t we start with the line up and formation that did so well in the first half against Boro. Was it down to injuries (I assume that Ralls was out) but even so, why change?

Everyone can see that Philogene can be wasteful and Nkounkou can’t defend so making changes seems odd especially when Harris was fit and Sawyers could have been a straight swap for Ralls

He has said Harris had a dead leg from Tuesday so hasn’t trained all week. No reason not to believe him but you would think in that case Watters would have made the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He has said Harris had a dead leg from Tuesday so hasn’t trained all week. No reason not to believe him but you would think in that case Watters would have made the bench.
    If Watters could 'Make' a bench then i'd say that would be the most productive he's been since his arrival. I wouldn't trust him with a hammer though, not the most accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Watters could 'Make' a bench then i'd say that would be the most productive he's been since his arrival. I wouldn't trust him with a hammer though, not the most accurate...
    Robinson’s first half performance against Boro alone was confirmation, if any was actually needed, that Watters isn’t good enough at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Robinson’s first half performance against Boro alone was confirmation, if any was actually needed, that Watters isn’t good enough at this level.
    Agreed.

This job is a poisoned chalice and one of the reasons why half the time we end up with poor managers .

Morison should be judged to be doing an OK job if after Xmas we are safely away from the relegation places , points wise .

The first batch of games hasn't been great but it could have been far worse too .

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

Kipre is good
    O'Dowda is decent

Just my opinion.
    Agree with most of this bar Simpson
    And there was an earlier good text by Maurice - agree with all that bar his dislike of Sawyers.

I really think our back 5 should be

Bagan Kipre Simpson NG
    Alsop

Romeo has done nothing wrong to be out of the side - but NG was / is a good fullback - he’s not a centre back - and teams are exploiting his height

Rinohmota and Wintle plus Ralls when he fit is a decent cm pairing: plus sawyers and Adams is apparently very very good. O’Dowda is as good a winger as you’ll find in this league. To give Steve his dues he has recruited extremely well in my opinion - but is clearly tactically inept

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This job is a poisoned chalice and one of the reasons why half the time we end up with poor managers .

Morison should be judged to be doing an OK job if after Xmas we are safely away from the relegation places , points wise .

The first batch of games hasn't been great but it could have been far worse too .
    The job isn't a poison chalice, we just have a board that have tried to do things on the cheap
    Trollope, Slade, David Brent (Harris,) mad Mick and now Morison, Lets he honest about it, he just isn't up to the job, 10 games played, 3 won 2 drawn and 5 loses
    Morison wont ever get a top job like this again, he is unsuited to being a number one and will end up as the academy coach at Southend or Orient if he's lucky.
    Nathan Jones or Dyche would jump over his head

I think whatever side we put out we are struggling. But I reckon Ng and Romeo are amongst our better players.

I think both need to be in the side.

Id continue with 3 CBs. Id love the Morrison of old back. In fact a 60% Morisson would boost this lot.

The reality is we have a poor unbalanced squad lacking any physical presence.

I hope if hes fit Morrison gets a contract because we need players up for a fight this season.