+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    The job isn't a poison chalice, we just have a board that have tried to do things on the cheap
    Trollope, Slade, David Brent (Harris,) mad Mick and now Morison, Lets he honest about it, he just isn't up to the job, 10 games played, 3 won 2 drawn and 5 loses
    Morison wont ever get a top job like this again, he is unsuited to being a number one and will end up as the academy coach at Southend or Orient if he's lucky.
    Nathan Jones or Dyche would jump over his head
    The fans seemed to be confused in their analysis of morison . He's brought in some very useful players and , as all managers do , some has beens and never will bees .

I don't think it's ever a good idea to be wielding the axe so early into a season .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The fans seemed to be confused in their analysis of morison . He's brought in some very useful players and , as all managers do , some has beens and never will bees .

I don't think it's ever a good idea to be wielding the axe so early into a season .
    I dont think he should be axed either. Its his squad , no excuses lets see him get us out of it.

If we go down we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think any manager should be judged after 10 games with a good pre- season. Time is running out for him.
    He’s appears obsessed with Data and XG’s. I think this job is too much for him.
    Morison has been our manager for 44 games, he has 16 wins, 8 draws and 20 defeats.
    McCarthy was manager for 38 games, with 14 wins, 11 draws and 13 defeats.
    McCarthy has a slightly better win ratio, and a better PPG, and he completely lost the plot for the last 8 games or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think he should be axed either. Its his squad , no excuses lets see him get us out of it.

If we go down we go down.
    What concerns me is that if we go down, it will take us an eternity again, to reach this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morison has been our manager for 44 games, he has 16 wins, 8 draws and 20 defeats.
    McCarthy was manager for 38 games, with 14 wins, 11 draws and 13 defeats.
    McCarthy has a slightly better win ratio, and a better PPG, and he completely lost the plot for the last 8 games or so.
    The problem with too much analysis and panicking ......and I think you are guilty of both .....is that it soon spreads through the club .

A few weeks ago it was thought with a few additions this would be a useful team at this level .

Now we are going down quicker than Ron Jeremy.

The problem with too much analysis and panicking ......and I think you are guilty of both .....is that it soon spreads through the club .

A few weeks ago it was thought with a few additions this would be a useful team at this level .

Now we are going down quicker than Ron Jeremy.
    I think it is a useful team, with a less than useful manager. I haven't been reactionary, Morison has had nearly a full season in the job and he isn't very good.

I've had grave concerns about Morison, the attacking output is absolutely dire. We've not scored in over half our games this season and we are now playing 3 at the back, which doesn't suit most of the players he brought in during the summer. Absolutely brilliant...

One issue will be, I bet we have to play these loanees too. So we have to find a way to get Philogene and Nkounkou in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    What concerns me is that if we go down, it will take us an eternity again, to reach this level.
    Maybe also could be the making of us in the long run. We could have carried on the Cardiff way being a big aggressive side everyone hates playing but will get found out taking the next step.

Fans wanted change. At the moment we are a soft touch. Easy to play against.

Change takes time. Hopefully we survive and dont have to rebuild in L1.

If Morison takes us down he has to go. Not now though hes acting on the demand for change

If Morison takes us down he has to go. Not now though hes acting on the demand for change
    If we are still in trouble around January, he should go. We can't just accept relegation because our centre backs can pass the ball around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think it is a useful team, with a less than useful manager. I haven't been reactionary, Morison has had nearly a full season in the job and he isn't very good.

I've had grave concerns about Morison, the attacking output is absolutely dire. We've not scored in over half our games this season and we are now playing 3 at the back, which doesn't suit most of the players he brought in during the summer. Absolutely brilliant...

One issue will be, I bet we have to play these loanees too. So we have to find a way to get Philogene and Nkounkou in the team
    We have brought in a forward which people were crying out for

His movement to free up others at Boro was praised

He didn't do a lot today and on certain sites its claimed he's not good enough

It's Cardiff City panic attacks anonymous

He definitely does not deserve the axe - as said above, I think he’s actually recruited brilliantly. But there is no rhyme or reason to our game at the moment bar boro first half and brum. Second half boro and today were awful.

It’s annoying as hell - because I was so confident about today / then he starts that clown Nkounkou - and it’s like what are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    He definitely does not deserve the axe - as said above, I think he’s actually recruited brilliantly. But there is no rhyme or reason to our game at the moment bar boro first half and brum. Second half boro and today were awful.

It’s annoying as hell - because I was so confident about today / then he starts that clown Nkounkou - and it’s like what are you watching?
    He most definitely hasnt recruited brilliantly.

Come off it.

We have brought in a forward which people were crying out for

His movement to free up others at Boro was praised

He didn't do a lot today and on certain sites its claimed he's not good enough

It's Cardiff City panic attacks anonymous
    We haven't scored in 6 games this season. I don't think that is over analysing. We played well vs Boro, Morison deserves praise for that. We scored 1 goal in the 5 before, and zero goals today. He deserves criticism for that.

I'm sorry, he's had all bloody summer to sign a striker. Watters is so far off the level and Harris, love him, tries hard and I really, really want him to succeed but he's never going to be a lone striker at this level. I realise he now has but it should not have taken until deadline day and it shouldn't be seen as a positive we signed one. We needed it.

He most definitely hasnt recruited brilliantly.

Come off it.
    Collins
    Kipre
    Adams
    O’Dowda
    Allsop
    Romeo
    Sawyers
    Rinhamota
    Robinson

That’s 9 great signings for £650k?

Collins
    Kipre
    Adams
    O’Dowda
    Allsop
    Romeo
    Sawyers
    Rinhamota
    Robinson

Leaving aside how many of those signings are actually "great", didn't we pay £1.5m for Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Leaving aside how many of those signings are actually "great", didn't we pay £1.5m for Robinson?
    Yes sorry meant 1.65m

Collins
    Kipre
    Adams
    O’Dowda
    Allsop
    Romeo
    Sawyers
    Rinhamota
    Robinson

650k? What with signing on fees as well.

And all 9 great? I dont think you can call 1 a great signing though Collins may have proved to be.

Decent / Good some of them. Great??

We did sign another striker for an undisclosed who may have to be loaned out in order to bring him up to the standard of Watters.

650k? What with signing on fees as well.

And all 9 great? I dont think you can call 1 a great signing though Collins may have proved to be.

Decent / Good some of them. Great??
    I see what your saying I guess / great is hyperbole. Put it like this - for what we paid, they are in my opinion very good signings:

Someone above made the point about Etete and yes that looks like £500k wasted - agreed

Collins
    Kipre
    Adams
    O’Dowda
    Allsop
    Romeo
    Sawyers
    Rinhamota
    Robinson

I think he went for the scatter gun approach, lots of cheap signings in the hope a few might turn good.

In fairness, Warnock spent lots of money on crap that wasn't good enough in this division.

We don't have football people running the club who know what the game is about. A Director of Football is a must, a link to advise the board and stop managers making stupid decisions. Our whole setup is nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think he went for the scatter gun approach, lots of cheap signings in the hope a few might turn good.

In fairness, Warnock spent lots of money on crap that wasn't good enough in this division.

We don't have football people running the club who know what the game is about. A Director of Football is a must, a link to advise the board and stop managers making stupid decisions. Our whole setup is nonsensical.
    Warnock also spent very little on great signings who got us promoted.

Hed love to send a team of his against our current lot.

‘Recruited brilliantly’?! We are 18th and on a poor run. That does not sound like brilliant recruitment to me at this point in time.

I actually think that he has picked up the odd decent player and I’m still more optimistic than lots of people on here but I can’t see how this currently equates to ‘brilliant recruitment’ other than having got rid of lots of dead wood with cheaper alternatives.

Hopefully I’m wrong though.

Warnock also spent very little on great signings who got us promoted.

Hed love to send a team of his against our current lot.
    The side he inherited was a good side but lacking in width, pace up front and a leader at the back. He knew what was needed and gave the club a kick up the arse.

We have a relatively young side that is trying a different approach. We've had a few seasons of little investment, managerial changes, lots of changes to our playing personnel. What we have now is an attempt to try and play football. I can't understand why anyone is against us trying this approach instead of the physical, long ball, set piece game.

The side he inherited was a good side but lacking in width, pace up front and a leader at the back. He knew what was needed and gave the club a kick up the arse.

We have a relatively young side that is trying a different approach. We've had a few seasons of little investment, managerial changes, lots of changes to our playing personnel. What we have now is an attempt to try and play football. I can't understand why anyone is against us trying this approach instead of the physical, long ball, set piece game.
    I dont think anyone is against the change and it was always going to be difficult. But to change it to no physical , long ball , set piece game is shocking.

We are not very good at the passing game. Hopefully we improve. But from being a physical threat and very good at set pieces and a side teams wouldn't have liked playing we are now a soft touch a dream to play against with no physical or set piece threat.

That could send us into the lower leagues.

Maybe long term it all works out.

I can't understand why anyone is against us trying this approach instead of the physical, long ball, set piece game.
    Because people ( especially ) Cardiff City fans love to moan, never happier than when Moaning, we even love to moan about people moaning

We moaned at playing a long / direct ball, it was dull

We Moaned at buying over priced big tall lumps from Bristol City

We Moaned that the club were not investing in the future and trying to unearth young players to play decent to watch football

10 games in, we are not top, its reason enough to moan, Oh for the heady days of the 1st day the we beat Norwich, things were good then

I dont think anyone is against the change and it was always going to be difficult. But to change it to no physical , long ball , set piece game is shocking.

We are not very good at the passing game. Hopefully we improve. But from being a physical threat and very good at set pieces and a side teams wouldn't have liked playing we are now a soft touch a dream to play against with no physical or set piece threat.

That could send us into the lower leagues.

Maybe long term it all works out.
    He's a young manager still learning his trade without an owner who wants to put his hand in his pocket. He hasn't got it easy and he's trying to make the best of a bad job. He might not make it as a manager but in all fairness he ain't got an easy ride. How would any other manager improve us when we are a club which will not pay for quality. If we can avoid relegation this season I reckon Morison has more than earned his corn.