+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    We weren't very good outside them, either.

StT.
    <><
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont know about half hearted.

No idea what the thinking is.

Garbage and no presence in either boxes.

We are just a bad squad. 4th bottom is the target.
    Survival has always been the realistic objective IMHO. Currently we're certainly not robust enough for a 46 game Championship season. Maybe pick up some home wins and see what the January window brings..

Morison is a shite Paul Trollope without the redeeming features, if he stays in charge we are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I've given up on trying to figure out what he's trying to do.
    I don't think he even knows himself anymore.
    Hes clearly trying to change the style. Hes gone way OTT and we have no physical presence in either box.

We are awful.

Watching that today I cant imagine easier opposition away and we lost.

Weve been here before. Hold nerve and stick or change and bring in someone to guarantee safety with out of contract players.

Can Morrison keep us up with this squad and style.?

Hes clearly trying to change the style. Hes gone way OTT and we have no physical presence in either box.

We are awful.

Weve been here before. Hold nerve and stick or change and bring in someone to guarantee safety with out of contract players.

You're right for sure about the opposition, we're in trouble if we can't get results against the likes of this lot.
    It seems he's panicking, his 4-3-3 was failing miserably but he's gone one worse and doesn't seem to know what to do anymore which is a concern.
    5 at the back certainly isn't the answer. He seems to be messing with systems mid-match, getting desperate and chasing an equaliser.

The one thing you can't do is panic. Choose your system, stick with it, and if you're good enough, the goal will surely come. He's doing the opposite at present and making things very easy for opposition managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    what the hell is the point of bringing Ojo on in the 90th minute??
    time wasting when we are losing ?

We are awful.

We are going to struggle the way we are playing. We can't hurt teams, and the most worrying thing is that for the best part, we don't look like we can. Good win at Boro, but lets be honest, they were car crash during the first half, but we did well to take our chances and capitalise on Boro being shit. The lack of creativity and urgency is a big concern.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    time wasting when we are losing ?
    Just making sure ojo gets his appearance fee.

The players aren't completely incapable, as demonstrated by the first half of the game against Middlesbrough, so why can't we put together a run of decent performances? I'm not talking about winning every game, but just not playing like crap most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The players aren't completely incapable, as demonstrated by the first half of the game against Middlesbrough, so why can't we put a run of decent performances together?
    Our tails were up against Boro, and they didn't settle until the 50th minute. I don't want to start being to negative, but Morison is showing his lack of experience. This is a massive test for him.

The players aren't completely incapable, as demonstrated by the first half of the game against Middlesbrough, so why can't we put together a run of decent performances?
    Agree about the players, there's ability in quite a few. It's the gaffer that's starting to look more and more like the problem.
    We need a manager that can get the best out of a half decent squad because I really don't think we're THIS bad.

I can't recall an attempt on goal in the second half, and penalty aside, only two attempts in the first half, one being a free kick. A dismal performance against a very poor Huddersfield side whose keeper didn't have to make a save.

Robinson particularly disappointing for me- I don't understand why we've spent money to bring in yet another quick but lightweight wide player when surely we needed a physical presence upfront. Kipre probably the only player to emerge from that with some credit. The rest, including the subs, were shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Our tails were up against Boro, and they didn't settle until the 50th minute. I don't want to start being to negative, but Morison is showing his lack of experience. This is a massive test for him.
    Today we played a worse team than Middlesbrough and made things easy for them from the first minute. I don't understand the different approach from a few days ago.

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Huddersfield will go down - we might too. One step forward two steps back.

Makes changes midweek that almost cost the game. Nkounkou gets beat every time and both goals come from their RWB who O’Dowda kept in his pocket.

And yet starts with Nkounkou. He needs to be sent back to Everton immediately. Liability

Second half we had like 80% possession and created nothing. Different game if Robinson scored the pen - but meh. Awful pen - like Wtaf

We didn't play well today. We missed a penalty and we should have had another. We lost 1-0. It happens. I don't know why everyone is freaking out. I think Morison's biggest problem is overthinking things. Hopefully, he'll learn from today.

The championship is absolute dross this season. We just to find a settled lineup (subject to fitness) and formation to keep head and shoulders above the relegation zone. First half at Boro worked - why not stick with that?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Morison is a shite Paul Trollope without the redeeming features, if he stays in charge we are going down.
    He’s not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We didn't play well today. We missed a penalty and we should have had another. We lost 1-0. It happens. I don't know why everyone is freaking out. I think Morison's biggest problem is overthinking things. Hopefully, he'll learn from today.
    Massive over reaction as usual on here.

Freaking out?

Did u see it.?

I reckon thats our easiest away game this season. They were useless apart from an ageing Rhodes being allowed to stick it into our net by shocking defending.

A point would have been 2 dropped.

We have no physical presence in either box.

The squad isnt good enough to be comfortable. Let's hope its good enough to be at least 4th bottom.

Awful today

We've taken 4 points from our last 6 games. Only Coventry and Hull are in worse form than us.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I don’t think it is an overreaction, playing a team in the bottom 3, no manager, should be picking at least a point up.
    So inconsistent in what is quite a poor league this season.
    At the end of the day it will all come down to Morison.

Come on...
    We've largely been abysmal for some time now, against poor teams as well. Couple that with the fact that our manager is starting to look out of his depth, and is that not good reason to be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Come on...
    We've largely been abysmal for some time now, against poor teams as well. Couple that with the fact that our manager is starting to look out of his depth, and is that not good reason to be concerned?
    It was to be expected after such a change in approach. What are our other options? He deserves until January and let’s see where we are.

It was to be expected after such a change in approach. What are our other options? He deserves until January and let’s see where we are.
    Why was it to be expected? Morison signed most of these players and he had a full preseason with them. At some point people will have to stop making excuses for him.

We've taken 4 points from our last 6 games. Only Coventry and Hull are in worse form than us.
    Yes, I agree....Huddersfield were there for the taking by a half decent team. I DO NOT want SM coming out and saying we did things well, controlled the game but couldn't score etc. etc. As for Robinson, he was very- very - good first half against Boro, less so second half. Today, apart from the abysmal penalty he was anonymous. WHY did SM change from an opening partnership with Harris? Negative thinking.

We got rid of a lot of dead wood in the summer...BUT.......OJO, ......Philogene.....Sawyers as yet....and I won't even mention the Everton loanee...(WHO decided he was a good bet?) . They are all not good enough.. Rinomhota has been in fits and starts. Not sure Etete will add much when he is fit again...an he is NOT a 'project'. Kipre is the one standout signing....goodness help if he returns to WBA in January.