Thread: Freedom Of Speech At Risk

Freedom Of Speech At Risk

Re: Freedom Of Speech At Risk

After the USA goes down the bog...you (the UK) will be second

OFFCOM did similar to media outlets during Covid apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuC1rl_nwHM

Starmer’s not going to be pleased - good on Clive Lewis I say.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rs-clive-lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    OFFCOM did similar to media outlets during Covid apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuC1rl_nwHM
    All part of the great reset (conspiracy theory) apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Hats off to Clive Lewis. Thank God some sense of sanity prevails.

Fair play, I support him and his right to speak freely. We are currently in the midst of a massive psyop, and we won't progress until there is a great awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fair play, I support him and his right to speak freely. We are currently in the midst of a massive psyop, and we won't progress until there is a great awakening.
    I totally agree with you on this point. I was thinking about how this would look if it were a work of science fiction and feel that it would look like a dystopian future and a new Dark Ages.

Clive Lewis speaking for millions - maybe even tens of millions. He puts Starmer to shame again.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Clive Lewis speaking for millions - maybe even tens of millions. He puts Starmer to shame again.
    Starmer’s so bloody cautious. Get the funeral out of the way and there has to be a debate on what’s happened over the past eight days - the UK as portrayed by the media over that time does not exist. I’m a Republican, but I think there are millions, who would not describe themselves that way, who think that what is being portrayed as a typical reaction by Britons is not representive of them.

All that I care about in this context is which line - Lewis's or Starmer's - is most likely to be a vote winner. I agree with Lewis personally, but I also want the current regime out. I think Starmer is a pragmatist, knows exactly what he is doing and hasn't been 'put to shame' at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    All that I care about in this context is which line - Lewis's or Starmer's - is most likely to be a vote winner. I agree with Lewis personally, but I also want the current regime out. I think Starmer is a pragmatist, knows exactly what he is doing and hasn't been 'put to shame' at all.
    While I think it's probably true to say that Government's lose elections rather than oppositions win them, I do think Starmer has to be more proactive - he's acting as if he thinks he doesn't have to do anything, Labour will automatically pick up the votes of disaffected Tories, but there's little evidence of that in the polls currently.

Despite that Tories constantly trying to reinvent themselves and pass themselves off as a new Government every time there's a new leader, the same party has been in charge for twelve years and, like the previous long running Conservative Government and the last Labour Government, they are looking tired and out of big ideas at a time when the country really does need some fresh thinking. All Truss and her "good friend" the Chancellor seem to have to offer are returns for the failed "trickle down/" approach when it comes to tax policy and huge bonuses for bankers (!!).

Labour should be streets ahead in the polls at the moment, but they're not and, for me much of that failure is down to Starmer - people either don't know what he stands for or, in some cases, they don't even know of his existence!

While I think it's probably true to say that Government's lose elections rather than oppositions win them, I do think Starmer has to be more proactive - he's acting as if he thinks he doesn't have to do anything, Labour will automatically pick up the votes of disaffected Tories, but there's little evidence of that in the polls currently.

Despite that Tories constantly trying to reinvent themselves and pass themselves off as a new Government every time there's a new leader, the same party has been in charge for twelve years and, like the previous long running Conservative Government and the last Labour Government, they are looking tired and out of big ideas at a time when the country really does need some fresh thinking. All Truss and her "good friend" the Chancellor seem to have to offer are returns for the failed "trickle down/" approach when it comes to tax policy and huge bonuses for bankers (!!).

Labour should be streets ahead in the polls at the moment, but they're not and, for me much of that failure is down to Starmer - people either don't know what he stands for or, in some cases, they don't even know of his existence!
    I have my own reservations about his profile, but we're maybe 18 months out from a GE?. I agree that he needs to start going on the front foot more and more from here on in, and I think he will.

That’s a perfect post imo Bob. We’ll said. 🤙

Starmer is utterly hopeless

I think not being anti royalist at this point is probably a wise move as absolutely millions of lemmings in this country , including many of Labours working class support , kiss their arse

Quite why , I don't know

As for the latest polls they show that the labour party simply isn't seen as an opposition any more . Its a busted flush , broken beyond repair .

I can't see anything other than a fecking tory government in my lifetime .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I think not being anti royalist at this point is probably a wise move as absolutely millions of lemmings in this country , including many of Labours working class support , kiss their arse

Quite why , I don't know

As for the latest polls they show that the labour party simply isn't seen as an opposition any more . Its a busted flush , broken beyond repair .

That's the spirit!

Quite why , I don't know

Don’t talk rot. Labour are 10%+ ahead in the polls. Yes they should be more but you can’t educate a lot of this idiotic electorate. You are always talking down the Labour Party. What’s your alternative?

Starmer is right here in my opinion. Personally I don't like Clive Lewis, but unquestionably what he says will accord with millions of people, but millions more will disagree or think that it isn't the right time, or find the amusement of it all as just a bit of theatre in life- the way Wales went a bit gaga for the national team in the summer of 2016 that subsequently subsided.

It's tricky for Starmer. Parties are always coalitions of opinions but Labour are essentially two distinct parties now in several respects; the left and the centrist elements, but also the kind of middle class liberals and the more traditional working class support. It's not easy to keep those two groups together, but so far he is doing it.

I think the polls will tighten considerably in the coming months, so he will need to ramp it up and offer more and become a bit more interesting but in terms of keeping the party broadly centrist, I think he is right on that.

First Team

Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Starmer is right here in my opinion. Personally I don't like Clive Lewis, but unquestionably what he says will accord with millions of people, but millions more will disagree or think that it isn't the right time, or find the amusement of it all as just a bit of theatre in life- the way Wales went a bit gaga for the national team in the summer of 2016 that subsequently subsided.

It's tricky for Starmer. Parties are always coalitions of opinions but Labour are essentially two distinct parties now in several respects; the left and the centrist elements, but also the kind of middle class liberals and the more traditional working class support. It's not easy to keep those two groups together, but so far he is doing it.

I think the polls will tighten considerably in the coming months, so he will need to ramp it up and offer more and become a bit more interesting but in terms of keeping the party broadly centrist, I think he is right on that.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Absolutely.
    Agreed. There are Kholberg's Universal Principles. Pre-conventional, Conventional & Post-conventional. There is another one. The JamesWales Principle (sometimes referred to as the Nuance Principle) where psychologically, it's important to do the complete opposite of what is endorsed. Probably one of the most important imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Agreed. There are Kholberg's Universal Principles. Pre-conventional, Conventional & Post-conventional. There is another one. The JamesWales Principle (sometimes referred to as the Nuance Principle) where psychologically, it's important to do the complete opposite of what is endorsed. Probably one of the most important imo!
    Cool that I've got my own principle! Happy to take questions on it, not least so I can understand what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Don’t talk rot. Labour are 10%+ ahead in the polls. Yes they should be more but you can’t educate a lot of this idiotic electorate. You are always talking down the Labour Party. What’s your alternative?
    They should be twenty points clear

I would like a coalition of the Labour party and everyone else ....call it the future party......just get on with it

That's my alternative .........to keep out the Tories

Because the labour party is dying and the liberal party is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Totally agree
    I will tell you what will happen

35 percent of the country will vote Tory, even after all the shite they have put us through

And Labour will cock it up because under starmer they have a hopeless , ineffective leader

I hated Blair once he invaded Iraq but he was right on the money when he first came in

To get into government Labour need to win back all those red wall northern seats AND somehow deal with the fact that 70 seats have gone to the SNP and are not coming back

The numbers just do not add up . I will vote labour , I will never vote conservative but I can't see another Labour govt in my lifetime

I could see an alternative to the Tories government , an alliance of the centre and left ....but its highly unlikely

They should be twenty points clear

I would like a coalition of the Labour party and everyone else ....call it the future party......just get on with it

That's my alternative .........to keep out the Tories

Because the labour party is dying and the liberal party is dead
    Where's the we need a new party option?