+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Cooper became available ??

If Cooper became available ??

The owners would be silly not to make a move for him this time.

Re: If Cooper became available ??

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Yes, I agree with you 110%. Think Rodgers could be on his way of Leicester soon. Not that we could afford him

Why? Just why?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why? Just why?
    I think "why?" is obvious ....."why not?" is less so.

If were looking at Cooper and Rodgers , what about contacting Roy Rodgers & Gary Cooper..

Brendan Rodgers yes please

We’ve sacked the manager who was in charge in August for the last four seasons, good managers aren’t going to want to come here with this set up in charge.

No chance.

People thinking we're in for Rodgers or Sean Dyche are seriously deluded.

Just like that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’ve sacked the manager who was in charge in August for the last four seasons, good managers aren’t going to want to come here with this set up in charge.
    Hard to see us making through a whole season with the same manager at the moment isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock's Premier League relegatees had started the season poorly. Harris started well but followed a playoff semi final with a poor start to the following season and lost 7 of his last 8 games. McCarthy again started well but lost 10 of his last 11 games. Morison ensured the club didn't look close to being relegated but we've been average this season. It's difficult to say that none of those managers deserved the boot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Hard to see us making through a whole season with the same manager at the moment isn't it.
    Because we've not made the right appoinments, mainly because the board doesn't know what it is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just like that?
    Not Like That, Like This.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    People thinking we're in for Rodgers or Sean Dyche are seriously deluded.
    Yeah Sean Dyche would be a push but Rodgers was in the running for the Chelsea job a few weeks ago

I think "why?" is obvious ....."why not?" is less so.
    Why would he come to the car crash?

Ye...I'm with you......I posted this about five seconds prior to the announcement........ stupidly imagining that Cooper would be far more likely to get sacked before Morison , giving SM just enough time to tie his own noose ....like another month or so, in the meantime the professionals in charge of the club would have been working to ensure Cooper is made an offer he can't refuse ...etc etc ...You know, the way it happens at normal pro football clubs.

..........Then I was reminded just how poorly run we are.

Don’t agree with reasoning ‘What manager would come to this basket case of a club?’. They don’t think like that, do they? Any success, they’d be seen as a miracle worker and maybe climb the managerial ladder, get sacked for failure, and football sees it as a mad club at boardroom level. So he either goes to a better paid job, financial result or gets paid up the remainder of his lucrative contract, financial result: Managers always land on their feet and get another job, it’s a merry go round that’s hard to get off.

Although I doubt the football genius that is Steve Morison a legend in his own mind will be troubling too many football clubs as a serious contender for the managers position any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t agree with reasoning ‘What manager would come to this basket case of a club?’. They don’t think like that, do they? Any success, they’d be seen as a miracle worker and maybe climb the managerial ladder, get sacked for failure, and football sees it as a mad club at boardroom level. So he either goes to a better paid job, financial result or gets paid up the remainder of his lucrative contract, financial result: Managers always land on their feet and get another job, it’s a merry go round that’s hard to get off.
    I agree, it’s always said. Like the no one will sell to us after the Sala issue, it’s nonsense.
    End of the day money talks, if they get sacked they get a pay off so why would they care. Issue is if someone has a rep and they look at the squad and can’t see it going anywhere then they may not want to risk it.

Cooper would be idea, I wanted him before he went to forest. I’m really not sure where we go from here at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I agree, it’s always said. Like the no one will sell to us after the Sala issue, it’s nonsense.
    End of the day money talks, if they get sacked they get a pay off so why would they care. Issue is if someone has a rep and they look at the squad and can’t see it going anywhere then they may not want to risk it.

Cooper would be idea, I wanted him before he went to forest. I’m really not sure where we go from here at the moment.
    Their payout is reduced if they get a new position.

International

Home club, his Dad is a big fan, he could live in the area he knows and likes.

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Although I doubt the football genius that is Steve Morison a legend in his own mind will be troubling too many football clubs as a serious contender for the managers position any time soon
    He doesn't seem to like quite a lot of people or criticism so it could prove difficult, although Nigel Pearson and a few other Managers have managed some clubs for a while, before the next blow up?

Cooper. 😂😂😂

Aren’t Nottingham Forest supposed to be offering him a new contract to ward off predators?