+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Re: STEVE MORISON SACKED

he ran out of people to throw under the bus , the x46 had his name on it .

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, the Swansea game was last season with predominately players that weren't Morison’s and there has been a total rebuild this season and the style of football has changed. Even you have admitted that we have signed some decent players. To constantly harp on about what happened last season in the derby is ridiculous. He did the job he was employed to do and we finished comfortably in mid table. He deserved a chance to carry on the job he had started. Colwill and Davies have both been injured since the end of last season and unable to train or play, so to state they are being ‘held back’ is just plain wrong. You are just trying to appear clever with the benefit of hindsight imo.
    Sounds like you’re saying you disagree with a club decision there.

I just can't for the life of me work out what the board expected. We've rebuilt a squad on peanuts. What did they think would happen?
    Play offs? Top two?

Good luck finding a credible manager who wants to achieve something in the game.
    Come and play under a trigger happy board, you'll have next to nothing to spend and have no support from above because there isn't anybody that knows diddly about running a football club. Form an orderly queue.

I’d say that doesn’t situations like this only highlight the need for a Director of Football, but Tan's dead set against one apparently and I suppose the thing is that you’ve got to think who’d be appointing the guy - we’d probably end up with club electrician doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't blame yourself mate, it could easily still have happened if you had your phone with you

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    .....you must have a very sensitive eye when it comes ot spotting improvement because I didn't see much..

I preferred what SM was doing compared to NW or MM but I think rather than keeping him on because of any perceived improvement I'd have kept him on because he is working on something long term and despite there only being crumbs of things to come, you have to give him time to experiment and find his feet ......the players too.

I was not in favour of Morison in the first place BUT this does not seem like a level-headed decision. It's seems a bit heat of the moment.
    The football we have played is better than it’s been for years. Been a bit stale up front admittedly and results haven’t been great but I thought we were allowing a bedding in period.

I think there’s been some sort of incident or strong disagreement, which wouldn’t surprise me when you look at some of his interviews.

I think he deserved more than 10 games. 1 point off relegation, but 4 points off the playoffs. It’s pathetic. But it’s done so let’s see who they bring in. I’d like Nathan Jones..

I’m glad he’s gone - never warmed to Morison didn’t like what he did to young Isaak Davies and I definitely wanted Nathan to **** him up during their little Fracas the other week.

Nathan or Dyche for me

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I’m glad he’s gone - never warmed to Morison didn’t like what he did to young Isaak Davies and I definitely wanted Nathan to **** him up during their little Fracas the other week.

Nathan or Dyche for me
    I think that public shaming soured a lot of people against Morison. May have upset one or two of the hierarchy as well. Morison never recovered from that imo.
    I believe Jones is on a long term contract with Luton and would be expensive. Dyche probably waiting for Prem job, and may have been too close to Malky for Tan's liking.
    Really not sure myself, perhaps Bellamy, but there again he has baggage.

Nathan or Dyche for me
    what he did to young Davies was give him the entirety of his first team football in his career.
    yes certain players he chewed out in public, but only the ones that he felt he could improve and work with, others like Pack et al were just quietly moved out of the team, not to be seen again. All the players he publicly criticised were given more chances.
    Ask Davies whether he'd prefer getting hauled over the coals but actually playing under Morison, or someone like Warnock who praises all his players to the skies in public but wouldn't consider playing anyone under 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not sure why this is funny - they have never been wrong before on anything City related ever ever - get your spoon ready for the humble pie you will be eating you non believer, 🥄
    Oh yeah. Sorry 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I just can't for the life of me work out what the board expected. We've rebuilt a squad on peanuts. What did they think would happen?
    Play offs? Top two?

Good luck finding a credible manager who wants to achieve something in the game.
    Come and play under a trigger happy board, you'll have next to nothing to spend and have no support from above because there isn't anybody that knows diddly about running a football club. Form an orderly queue.
    10 games. We're not f****ng Chelsea with a £300 million worth of players. It's crazy beyond belief. Morison's recent comments about performance over results wasn't an indication he didn't know this is a results business, more that the team was still finding it's feet, trying different options which couldn't really be tested in pre-season friendlies. I'm sure Morison wasn't expecting the team to fly up the table straight away - all the faults, weaknesses, come out in these games against established opposition, then bit by bit tighten up, improve discipline, and we'd be looking at 16th/17th position at the end of the season at worst. Job done, with the push for a play off with a few changes in the squad the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    he ran out of people to throw under the bus , the x46 had his name on it .
    More like the P45

I thought he plays for Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what he did to young Davies was give him the entirety of his first team football in his career.
    yes certain players he chewed out in public, but only the ones that he felt he could improve and work with, others like Pack et al were just quietly moved out of the team, not to be seen again. All the players he publicly criticised were given more chances.
    Ask Davies whether he'd prefer getting hauled over the coals but actually playing under Morison, or someone like Warnock who praises all his players to the skies in public but wouldn't consider playing anyone under 25.
    Call me old fashioned but I believe the Isaak Davies Saga should have been done in the changing room or in private.

Call me old fashioned but I believe the Isaak Davies Saga should have been done in the changing room or in private.
    Agreed. Morison lost me at that point.

that doesn't change my point

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    10 games. We're not f****ng Chelsea with a £300 million worth of players. It's crazy beyond belief. Morison's recent comments about performance over results wasn't an indication he didn't know this is a results business, more that the team was still finding it's feet, trying different options which couldn't really be tested in pre-season friendlies. I'm sure Morison wasn't expecting the team to fly up the table straight away - all the faults, weaknesses, come out in these games against established opposition, then bit by bit tighten up, improve discipline, and we'd be looking at 16th/17th position at the end of the season at worst. Job done, with the push for a play off with a few changes in the squad the next season.
    Good post but you are wasting your time trying to reason with a poster who dislikes Cardiff City so much.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sounds like you’re saying you disagree with a club decision there.
    You are very perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Championship transfer spending 2022/23 - he’s spent more than a few clubs who are higher in the league than us

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I did notice that, but thanks for pointing that out
    and obviously I am just trying to appear clever with the benefit of hindsight
    You're right and no one else on this board has an opinion that's worthwhile, other than yours, our inability to score goals was just part of a master plan to lull teams into a false sense of security and we would have won every game 5 0 from January onwards under the tactical genius that is Steve Morison
    We created more chances in the first ten games of this season than we did for most of last season. Perhaps you are suggesting that the players missed them on purpose ? There is nothing much wrong with our team that a couple of decent wins wont cure. However, I bow to your superior interlect and knowledge. At least you admit that you were trying to be clever, that is the first step on the road to recovery.

Isaak Davies family can’t stand Morison, make of that what you will. He didn’t even ask him once how he was doing when he was out injured. Good riddance to the arrogant twat. I’m sure Davies and Colwill will be delighted he’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Isaak Davies family can’t stand Morison, make of that what you will. He didn’t even ask him once how he was doing when he was out injured. Good riddance to the arrogant twat. I’m sure Davies and Colwill will be delighted he’s gone.
    TBF you have disliked him since he took over. Looks like on this occasion you’re instinct was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Championship transfer spending 2022/23 - he’s spent more than a few clubs who are higher in the league than us

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2
    none of the other clubs brought in as many players as we did, they may have spent less but on far fewer players

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Good post but you are wasting your time trying to reason with a poster who dislikes Cardiff City so much.
    What are you on about?

He is agreeing with me.

As for disliking Cardiff City, you couldnt be further from the truth. I dislike our clueless board and most of all their inability to learn from their mistakes.

none of the other clubs brought in as many players as we did, they may have spent less but on far fewer players
    Signing on fees are not included in this , neither are agents fees which will be a several million pounds combined