+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager odds from Skybet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager odds from Skybet

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Paul Ince linked!
    I would have said no awhile ago but he's done really well at Reading to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I would have said no awhile ago but he's done really well at Reading to be fair
    I’d still say no.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I would have said no awhile ago but he's BEEN REALLY LUCKY at Reading to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shakes head and walks away.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No fan of Ince or his son but 'lucky?'

Just read on the sky bet odds where Hudson is 11/8 clear favourite. They pay out on caretakers after 10 games.

Im not sure Hudson survives those 2 tough looking fixtures weve got coming up.

Just got to think our board and their thoughts.

Has to be someone out of work or already at the club.

If Hudson somehow gets 4 points (ok not likely) I think its his.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d still say no.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just read on the sky bet odds where Hudson is 11/8 clear favourite. They pay out on caretakers after 10 games.

Im not sure Hudson survives those 2 tough looking fixtures weve got coming up.

Just got to think our board and their thoughts.

Has to be someone out of work or already at the club.

If Hudson somehow gets 4 points (ok not likely) I think its his.
    I'd be very surprised if we were to chance Hudson long-term.
    I like Hudson, Purse too. I just think that with two gambles (Harris and Morison) having failed, we definitely need to consider experienced managers.
    Having said that, it is Tan and Dalman and Choo we're talking about here, so who knows what we'll end up with.

Maybe they want to continue the direction of travel (style wise) but without an arrogant dick at the helm.

I don’t remember seeing Jody Morris in the pack yesterday but now fairly short odds
    Did I miss him?

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I don’t remember seeing Jody Morris in the pack yesterday but now fairly short odds
    Did I miss him?
    News is, he has said he is interested so the bookies have moved him up the order.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    News is, he has said he is interested so the bookies have moved him up the order.
    I'm interested, they've not got odds on me though 😭

International

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...elsea-25066341

Morris 'expresses interest' in Cardiff job
    Former Chelsea assistant Jody Morris has declared his interest in the vacant Bluebirds role nearly a year after missing out on the job, according to reports.

Morris was previously considered by the City board in light of Mick McCarthy's departure last October, before the club eventually opted for Steve Morison, and was a candidate who seemingly impressed some sections of the City boardroom. Morison, of course, was sacked by City at the weekend following the defeat to Huddersfield Town, a result which leaves City one point above the relegation zone.

READ MORE: Ex-Cardiff City favourite urges Vincent Tan to go and get Luton Town boss Nathan Jones

Now, Darren Witcoop, assistant sports editor at WalesOnline's parent company Reach PLC, who used to cover the Bluebirds, has claimed Morris has now expressed an interest in the job once again. He has also said that former Reading boss Veljko Paunovic could also be keen on the post.

Taking to Twitter, he wrote: "Former Chelsea midfielder Jody Morris has expressed his interest in the vacant manager’s job at Cardiff. Understand another name planning to throw his hat into the ring at this very early stage is ex-Reading boss Veljko Paunovic. Club in no rush".

Hudson still favourite for manager's post
    Mark Hudson remains the bookies' favourite to take over from Steve Morison as Cardiff City's next permanent boss. Attention has swiftly moved to Morison's long-term successor, and it seems Hudson, who is set to take over on an interim basis, is the man being backed by the bookies.

WalesOnline understands Hudson will be handed a chance to impress the Bluebirds hierarchy over the coming weeks, meaning he is likely to be in the box seat when it comes to contenders for the job in the long-term.

Indeed, SkyBet have placed the former Cardiff skipper at 11/8 to be handed the job permanently, while Nathan Jones (4/1) and Sol Bamba (5/1) are also seemingly in the frame.

Odds in full: Mark Hudson 11/8, Nathan Jones 4/1, Sol Bamba 5/1, Jody Morris 7/1, Veljko Paunović 7/1, Craig Bellamy 10/1, Scott Parker 12/1, Lee Bowyer 14/1, Paul Warne 16/1, Sean Dyche 16/1 (odds courtesy of SkyBet and correct at time of publishing).

Bamba being considered
    Sol Bamba is among the early contenders to take over as Cardiff City boss. It is understood Bamba's love for the club is still as strong as always and he would likely be interested in taking the reins at Cardiff City Stadium should the Bluebirds opt to embark down that route.

There is clearly some way to go before any firm decisions are made, with the Cardiff Board keen to assess Hudson's credentials before opting on their next move, but that hasn't stopped Bamba and several others being linked with the job. Read more here.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'm interested, they've not got odds on me though ��
    Their loss mate

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...elsea-25066341

Morris 'expresses interest' in Cardiff job
    Former Chelsea assistant Jody Morris has declared his interest in the vacant Bluebirds role nearly a year after missing out on the job, according to reports.

Morris was previously considered by the City board in light of Mick McCarthy's departure last October, before the club eventually opted for Steve Morison, and was a candidate who seemingly impressed some sections of the City boardroom. Morison, of course, was sacked by City at the weekend following the defeat to Huddersfield Town, a result which leaves City one point above the relegation zone.

READ MORE: Ex-Cardiff City favourite urges Vincent Tan to go and get Luton Town boss Nathan Jones

Now, Darren Witcoop, assistant sports editor at WalesOnline's parent company Reach PLC, who used to cover the Bluebirds, has claimed Morris has now expressed an interest in the job once again. He has also said that former Reading boss Veljko Paunovic could also be keen on the post.

Taking to Twitter, he wrote: "Former Chelsea midfielder Jody Morris has expressed his interest in the vacant manager’s job at Cardiff. Understand another name planning to throw his hat into the ring at this very early stage is ex-Reading boss Veljko Paunovic. Club in no rush".

Hudson still favourite for manager's post
    Mark Hudson remains the bookies' favourite to take over from Steve Morison as Cardiff City's next permanent boss. Attention has swiftly moved to Morison's long-term successor, and it seems Hudson, who is set to take over on an interim basis, is the man being backed by the bookies.

WalesOnline understands Hudson will be handed a chance to impress the Bluebirds hierarchy over the coming weeks, meaning he is likely to be in the box seat when it comes to contenders for the job in the long-term.

Indeed, SkyBet have placed the former Cardiff skipper at 11/8 to be handed the job permanently, while Nathan Jones (4/1) and Sol Bamba (5/1) are also seemingly in the frame.

Odds in full: Mark Hudson 11/8, Nathan Jones 4/1, Sol Bamba 5/1, Jody Morris 7/1, Veljko Paunović 7/1, Craig Bellamy 10/1, Scott Parker 12/1, Lee Bowyer 14/1, Paul Warne 16/1, Sean Dyche 16/1 (odds courtesy of SkyBet and correct at time of publishing).

Bamba being considered
    Sol Bamba is among the early contenders to take over as Cardiff City boss. It is understood Bamba's love for the club is still as strong as always and he would likely be interested in taking the reins at Cardiff City Stadium should the Bluebirds opt to embark down that route.

There is clearly some way to go before any firm decisions are made, with the Cardiff Board keen to assess Hudson's credentials before opting on their next move, but that hasn't stopped Bamba and several others being linked with the job. Read more here.
    I honestly hope none of these are even being considered.
    Time needs to be taken to get this right.
    Jody Morris has always been a bit of a dick, I can't imagine he'd have the respect of the players or be successful.
    It's akin to appointing a Bellamy or Roy Keane ffs.
    They're all abrasive characters who rub people up the wrong way.
    Not what we need!

What is jody Morris doing at the moment - is he with a club at all?

Steven Schumacher’s into the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    What is jody Morris doing at the moment - is he with a club at all?
    Probably digging somebody out online from behind his keyboard.

So few clubs sack without somebody lined up these days, we do it every time.

Strange that Jody Morris was keen last
    Time and one of the first to throw his hat in this time too.
    It’s a totally different prospect, different personnel.
    You’d think Managers would have a certain type
    Of squad they’d be aiming for to suit their likely
    Style of play

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Strange that Jody Morris was keen last
    Time and one of the first to throw his hat in this time too.
    It’s a totally different prospect, different personnel.
    You’d think Managers would have a certain type
    Of squad they’d be aiming for to suit their likely
    Style of play
    He just wants a job. He hasn't worked since Lampard was sacked by Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    not keen tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not keen tbh
    Me neither...I'm just stirring the pot before lunch. I get cranky when I'm hungry.