+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumours doing the rounds

Re: Rumours doing the rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    No....it is not a question of that....it is of learning in life. I did not do too badly in life afterwards, ending up as Director of a major software company in London.
    Hold on

I have worked for software companies all my career and currently work for one of the biggest.

The behaviour that you are referring to would not have been tolerated for a one millisecond in any of those companies, over more than 30 years.

(And I should be approaching retirement age…. )

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Ticket office staff? Is it open then?

Asking for another board contributer.
    Amazingly, there are ticket office staff there when the office is closed ..........

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Shame we haven’t pissed him off enough yet
    Harsh as he’s been good since.

It was a stressful and testing time for all and he has made amends

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Ah ok, what about when Warnock blanked Joe Ralls for weeks, that’s pretty out of order in a workplace environment isn’t it ?
    football is rife with stories like this, a player ( or group ) fall out with the manager and are bombed out to train with the kids and never see the 1st team again till they are sold , wasnt the name for them " the stiffs "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    football is rife with stories like this, a player ( or group ) fall out with the manager and are bombed out to train with the kids and never see the 1st team again till they are sold , wasnt the name for them " the stiffs "
    stiffs was the reserves.

I heard he sent one of the young players to the stores for a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hold on

I have worked for software companies all my career and currently work for one of the biggest.

The behaviour that you are referring to would not have been tolerated for a one millisecond in any of those companies, over more than 30 years.

(And I should be approaching retirement age…. )
    He didn't say he was working for a software company at the time he was shouted at.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    He didn't say he was working for a software company at the time he was shouted at.
    He was pretty much defending and trying to justify defending what is unacceptable behaviour in any workplace though. Too many “never did me any harm” buggers still around excusing bullying. We keep having the same old discussions on here. It’s embarrassing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He was pretty much defending and trying to justify defending what is unacceptable behaviour in any workplace though. Too many “never did me any harm” buggers still around excusing bullying. We keep having the same old discussions on here. It’s embarrassing tbh.
    I didn't dispute that.

https://youtu.be/j-iXXtOUdls

Take one for the team Maurice

You tory Jack bastard

I didn't dispute that.
    Fair point Richard. You got the brunt of a reply to several posters mate. Apologies. Time for my bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’ll come to your office and shout at you, and see how you like it. If someone did that to me, I’d look for a new job immediately
    I play futsal with a group of friends and a while back one lad, who often can be a little over-aggressive physically and verbally, said something as innocuous as "Fckin' hell!" to one of the other semi-regular lads who petulantly walked off the pitch and went home leaving his team a man down for the rest of the game. Was he right to storm off in a huff in that situation?

I'd imagine that managers having a go at players in the dressing room happens up and down the country on a weekly basis, but they can't all be sacked for it. The problem is that these days, a lot of people feel entitled to have the world conform to their personal standards instead of vice versa. In an ideal world, nobody would get shouted at, but no-one lives in an ideal world.

If SM had a player against the wall by the throat, then fair enough (heard many stories in years gone by, e.g. Clough & Keane). For persistent workplace bullying/vindictiveness/spitefulness etc. fair enough and it shouldn't be tolerated. For getting a rollicking in the dressing room, you'd seriously ask for a transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Have you ever had the shit ripped out of you in front of 20 other men? In a Professional capacity?
    No, but I bet almost every professional footballer that came through the youth system has.

I'm guessing you probably did. Genuine questions and with all due respect, what was it like? How did you feel when it happened? How did you feel at the end of the season.

But maybe your boss is a dick, and it keeps happening. We drew 0-0, what could anyone have done that was so bad they got a bollocking?

There's a reason why suicide is the number one cause of death for men under 45.
    Beacuase they haven't lived long enough to develop heart disease?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    People think I’m on a wind up even though I’ve been saying this for about 9 months
    I know you're not on a wind up. It's obvious you know someone whose kid is or was at the club. And who must have had a hard time from Morison. I just find it hard to belive that he was such a tyrant, that he got the youth team playing well, got the first team job, improved the style of play, recruited a bunch of players (many of whom said they came to the club because of him) whilst being a complete prick to everyone the whole time. I fully recognise that Morison has has been on a slow learning curve when it comes to tactics and results. I also recognise that there's not one home grown youngster who should be nailed on to start every week.

My feeling at the moment is that there must be more to it, but I'm not going to die on that hill. Hopefully we'll get the truth at some point. My biggest hope though is just that we hire a better manager. And move forwards rather than backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I know you're not on a wind up. It's obvious you know someone whose kid is or was at the club. And who must have had a hard time from Morison. I just find it hard to belive that he was such a tyrant, that he got the youth team playing well, got the first team job, improved the style of play, recruited a bunch of players (many of whom said they came to the club because of him) whilst being a complete prick to everyone the whole time. I fully recognise that Morison has has been on a slow learning curve when it comes to tactics and results. I also recognise that there's not one home grown youngster who should be nailed on to start every week.

My feeling at the moment is that there must be more to it, but I'm not going to die on that hill. Hopefully we'll get the truth at some point. My biggest hope though is just that we hire a better manager. And move forwards rather than backwards.
    Tend to agree with this… 6 pages of nothingness based on a ‘rumour’… I hate rumours in the workplace.. they’re cancerous

The guy has gone.. who cares now.. Move on.

I’m not sure anyone would be prepared to confront Morison face to face with these accusations that somehow feel as though they have become fact for some.

https://www.wakefieldrecoverycollege...cides-are-men/

3/4 of all suicides are men. It is horrible and it all comes from "manning up". It isn't a coincidence. It's the same reason why places like Japan has an extremely high rate of suicide.
    At the risk of me sounding like being dml and being accised of being a multi….

Steve Morison is under 45… If for some crazy reason he reads this board I hope he isn’t the sort that would be affected by the vitriol pointed his way on the back of rumour…

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I play futsal with a group of friends and a while back one lad, who often can be a little over-aggressive physically and verbally, said something as innocuous as "Fckin' hell!" to one of the other semi-regular lads who petulantly walked off the pitch and went home leaving his team a man down for the rest of the game. Was he right to storm off in a huff in that situation?

I'd imagine that managers having a go at players in the dressing room happens up and down the country on a weekly basis, but they can't all be sacked for it. The problem is that these days, a lot of people feel entitled to have the world conform to their personal standards instead of vice versa. In an ideal world, nobody would get shouted at, but no-one lives in an ideal world.

If SM had a player against the wall by the throat, then fair enough (heard many stories in years gone by, e.g. Clough & Keane). For persistent workplace bullying/vindictiveness/spitefulness etc. fair enough and it shouldn't be tolerated. For getting a rollicking in the dressing room, you'd seriously ask for a transfer?
    Speaking for myself, I was prepared to go “the extra yard” for bosses I had respect for, I never really had a boss who ranted and raved (they wouldn’t have been tolerated in the public sector jobs where I spent the large majority of my working life), but there were plenty of bosses I didn’t have respect for forwhatever reason and they would not see the best of me when it came to work.

Therefore, an approach like the one talked about in this thread would not have worked with me and I hardly think I’m unique in thinking like I do. Surely, a good manager within any walk of life is someone who correctly identifies those who need a metaphorical kick up the backside to get the best out of them and those who need persuasion and, within reason, acts accordingly.

I agree that a football dressing room should be a place for strong opinions to be expressed and individual and team errors addressed = there’s bound to be frustration and anger involved sometimes, but I’d use the words within reason again and add that, in my experience, people can accept and act on constructive criticism if it is put over effectively.

In the case of Steve Morison,it may be that he went beyond what are considered acceptable levels. Now, of course, that may be a completely unfair allegation to make because he never did anything of the sort, but, what I would say is that based on his public behaviour at times, it seems possible to me.

As I’ve said before on here, he was a self proclaimed Mr Angry as a player and I’ve heard pundits call him someone who didn’t suffer fools gladly - if you look at what he was prepared to say about young players (it was always youngsters) in public, you have to wonder what went on behind closed doors or on the training pitch.

Sounds like we need a bit of Roy Keane now to look after them all……is he free?

Very odd career path then.

Forget the attention-seeking rumours, the players seem pretty unhappy about the sacking according to several twitter comments.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hearing he had one of our young professionals in tears after the West Brom game.
    I wonder what some of out starlets would have made of Sir Alex Ferguson?

When does libel come into play on a messageboard or is it the fact that it is labelled a rumour enough to keep it out of those more legal discussions/arenas - have I got news for you used to preface everything with "allegedly"

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    I wonder what some of out starlets would have made of Sir Alex Ferguson?
    A bully, same as his "Starlets" said at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    When does libel come into play on a messageboard or is it the fact that it is labelled a rumour enough to keep it out of those more legal discussions/arenas - have I got news for you used to preface everything with "allegedly"
    There's some stuff here. https://www.internetlawcentre.co.uk/...tors-in-the-uk