+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours doing the rounds

Rumours doing the rounds

Morison pulled up on his behaviour towards the younger players and that’s what led to his downfall.

Being that abrasive then that clearly not going to help your cause when the results start to go against you.

No room for bullying in the workplace in 2022 I am afraid, regardless of the industry. It’s not the 1970s you can’t abuse young people and get away with it.

As you were.

Re: Rumours doing the rounds

Were there any complaints about Morison's behaviour when he was coach of the Under-23s? It seems strange that he would only develop this attitude towards young players once he became manager.

Hearing he had one of our young professionals in tears after the West Brom game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Were there any complaints about Morison's behaviour when he was coach of the Under-23s? It seems strange that he would only develop this attitude towards young players once he became manager.
    Couldn’t handle the pressure managing first team that was evident with his exchanges with the media

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hearing he had one of our young professionals in tears after the West Brom game.

But we drew against WBA, in what was a pretty creditable performance

(I'm not denying that he seemed capable of treating players poorly e.g. the Davies and Watters incidents)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But we drew against WBA, in what was a pretty creditable performance

(I'm not denying that he seemed capable of treating players poorly e.g. the Davies and Watters incidents)
    Just saying what I’ve heard don’t shoot the messenger.

Sad if that's the case. The world has moved on and bellowing at youngsters/apprentices in the workplace just isn't tolerated anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Sad if that's the case. The world has moved on and bellowing at youngsters/apprentices in the workplace just isn't tolerated anymore.
    Correct

Just saying what I’ve heard don’t shoot the messenger.
    Asda Merthyr ?

The signs were there and we were shouted down. Tough love supposedly. F*ck him. I'd watch him stood in front of me in the Technical Area and the guy was frozen with pressure a lot of the time. You could sense it. See it even at times. You could certainly tell it was too much and so I'm not one of those who is surprised to hear these things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The signs were there and we were shouted down. Tough love supposedly. F*ck him. I'd watch him stood in front of me in the Technical Area and the guy was frozen with pressure a lot of the time. You could sense it. See it even at times. You could certainly tell it was too much and so I'm not one of those who is surprised to hear these things about him.
    My sentiments exactly. **** him. Tosser..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Asda Merthyr ?
    I shop in Marks. I’m middle class.

If bullying was the reason for his swift departure that rules Bellamy out then 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    If bullying was the reason for his swift departure that rules Bellamy out then 🤔
    Logic would indicate the above to be bollocks given Bellamy was exonerated by the FA report.

Colwill, Etete and Harris all came on as subs at West Brom. As for the under 23s, I was struck in Morison’s interviews on the club site by how he’d have a bit of a dig at someone when he was asked about how well they’d played. There were a couple of times Isaak Davies had scored two when he carried on about how he should have scored a hat trick - nothing too terrible, but it was as if he felt he had to keep the youngsters feet on the ground.

I shop in Marks. I’m middle class.
    Groucho or Karl?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Colwill, Etete and Harris all came on as subs at West Brom. As for the under 23s, I was struck in Morison’s interviews on the club site by how he’d have a bit of a dig at someone when he was asked about how well they’d played. There were a couple of times Isaak Davies had scored two when he carried on about how he should have scored a hat trick - nothing too terrible, but it was as if he felt he had to keep the youngsters feet on the ground.
    I think you're spot on with your last comment, he said elsewhere that the worst thing for these kids is to break into the team and then think they've made it, they've got to continually strive to improve just to remain at this level
    probably very much informed by his own career

I'm not convinced by this, if it was the reason then they'd have probably said as much in the statement.
    I think it was more to do with that we'd only won 1 in 7 or whatever it is

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Jody Morris is still being heavily linked, that's a concern. He was more than just a bit of a lad himself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was also a needless comment about Colwill not being able to head the ball that he made in one interview.

Again quite spitefull and pointless, fine if it is a senior pro but digging out youngsters who are just starting out in the game is pretty low.

A fair few rumours flying round.

He was pulled up for bullying and the other rumour of he made somebody cry after a very good point at West Brom away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    There was also a needless comment about Colwill not being able to head the ball that he made in one interview.

Again quite spitefull and pointless, fine if it is a senior pro but digging out youngsters who are just starting out in the game is pretty low.
    he's also said a number of very positive things about Colwill, said he's very talented, and the world's his oyster.
    he's like 6'4 and not good in the air, it's quite legitimate for a manager to mention that without it being spiteful

Morison was consistent, he acted the absolute dick with the youngsters within the informal team setting too.

Whether he thought he needed to keep them grounded or he's just an utter tool it may have come to bite him and his ego on the arrse?

Maybe there is something in these rumours and the club acted quickly as they didn't want a repeat of the allegations surrounding Bellamy a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's also said a number of very positive things about Colwill, said he's very talented, and the world's his oyster.
    he's like 6'4 and not good in the air, it's quite legitimate for a manager to mention that without it being spiteful
    Yes I agree.....they need to be constantly reminded that they have not yet 'made it'. Colwill IS hopeless sin the air (along with other aspects). I always found SM comments straightforward and to the point.... as for making a footballer cry - goodness me.......what wimps.
    BAD decision to remove him.