+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumours doing the rounds

Re: Rumours doing the rounds

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    I wonder what some of out starlets would have made of Sir Alex Ferguson?
    The world has changed. If anyone thinks Fergie could get away with throwing a boot at someone and splitting their head open in todays and age then they are seriously deluded.

Fergie was a product of his time. Arguably the greatest at what he did, but times change, the world evolves. He said himself towards the end of his time he had to adapt and couldn’t manage in the same way as the players just wouldn’t respond to it. And that was 8/9 years he finished, it’s also changed a lot since he retired as someone like Mourinho will testify to.

Someone on another City messageboard has pointed out that one of the "likes" on the club's Twitter announcement of Steve Morison's dismissal is in the name of Keiffer Moore (wouldn't have thought there'd be too many other Keiffer Moore's on there with an interest in who the Cardiff manager was). Tp be fair to our former manager though, Keiffer seemed unsettled here before Morison was appointed, so I think any claims he drove Moore away from the club would be wide of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Thanks and the article outlines the hosts obligation

I was wondering about our individual responsibilities as it can get quite "heated" "emotional" on here even though the subject of some of the angst are complete strangers to most of us

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The world has changed. If anyone thinks Fergie could get away with throwing a boot at someone and splitting their head open in todays and age then they are seriously deluded.

Fergie was a product of his time. Arguably the greatest at what he did, but times change, the world evolves. He said himself towards the end of his time he had to adapt and couldn’t manage in the same way as the players just wouldn’t respond to it. And that was 8/9 years he finished, it’s also changed a lot since he retired as someone like Mourinho will testify to.
    The same goes for Brian Clough in that, despite his incredible success, his punitive side wouldn't be appreciated.
    In the sixties and seventies there seemed to be a disproportionate number of disciplinarian Scottish managers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Thanks and the article outlines the hosts obligation

I was wondering about our individual responsibilities as it can get quite "heated" "emotional" on here even though the subject of some of the angst are complete strangers to most of us
    No problem. The last para is interesting. I think most of the time with sites it starts with a cease and desist notice and most owners just take the stuff down. It can be like firefighting though. A bit like having to deal with multiple accounts.

Its funny. If some of you didn't have an agenda against SM you'd be calling everyone snowflakes for suggesting the youngsters were bullied IMO

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m not saying this is bollocks but it suits a certain narrative.

Personally I would think he could scream until he’s blue in the face, but if he got results he would have still been in charge.

I think it has to be either somethings crossed the line or just not happy on his results. A few harsh comments here and there won’t get someone sacked.
    Agreed results and probably telling those further up the ladder what he thought when challenged is the reason he's looking for work, he was no shrinking violet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Its funny. If some of you didn't have an agenda against SM you'd be calling everyone snowflakes for suggesting the youngsters were bullied IMO
    Absolutely not true. It immediately silences the person and is just another form of bullying and oppression. It devalues and is victim blaming. Ask any women who has experienced sexual harassment or worse. These things are related. It's all about an abuse of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Very odd career path then.
    Not necessarily. I'm retired now, but over 40:years I had a varied career,. I was in the merchant navy to begin with and finished as a test manager for a software company. In between I worked for various software companies, in the steel industry and various other companies.
    Many people change path over the course of a career.
    If the poster was an accountant or in HR then he could have worked in any different businesses but stuck to the same profession.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    At the risk of me sounding like being dml and being accised of being a multi….

Steve Morison is under 45… If for some crazy reason he reads this board I hope he isn’t the sort that would be affected by the vitriol pointed his way on the back of rumour…
    There's a difference between someone screaming at your face in front of all your colleagues, or calling people out on national TV compared to a message board thread with 20/30 contributors.

Morison has been a bully in public, so I don't see why it should surprise anyone that he has been a bully in private. I've been sent some stuff on twitter this morning, that I won't share but I'm now extremely glad to see him gone if it is true.

I'll believe this "rumour" when it comes from a credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Absolutely not true. It immediately silences the person and is just another form of bullying and oppression. It devalues and is victim blaming. Ask any women who has experienced sexual harassment or worse. These things are related. It's all about an abuse of power.
    Sexual harassment or worse? WTF how have we got here?

Keiran Dyer had to clean up someone shit at Ipswich as a youngster. Things are much better these days, the youngsters dont even clean the 1st teams players boots anymore. A couple of harsh words are **** all IMO

EDIT - that being said, if evidence of proper bullying comes out I'll accept I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There's a difference between someone screaming at your face in front of all your colleagues, or calling people out on national TV compared to a message board thread with 20/30 contributors.

Morison has been a bully in public, so I don't see why it should surprise anyone that he has been a bully in private. I've been sent some stuff on twitter this morning, that I won't share but I'm now extremely glad to see him gone if it is true.
    Totally disagree with the notion that this messageboard could not impact on someone's mental health through bullying - online bullying is a huge problem and has led to significant issues for people and the impact on their mental health - volume of contributors or degree of exposure is irrelevant in my view

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not necessarily. I'm retired now, but over 40:years I had a varied career,. I was in the merchant navy to begin with and finished as a test manager for a software company. In between I worked for various software companies, in the steel industry and various other companies.
    Many people change path over the course of a career.
    If the poster was an accountant or in HR then he could have worked in any different businesses but stuck to the same profession.
    Agreed. I was effectively retired in my early 40s and had to re-skill to keep sane. There are a lot more people in this position now. I also vowed I'd never work for anybody again and have been freelance ever since.

Keiran Dyer had to clean up someone shit at Ipswich as a youngster. Things are much better these days, the youngsters dont even clean the 1st teams players boots anymore. A couple of harsh words are **** all IMO
    If someone screamed at someone and brought them to tears, they've gone too far. If I came into your office, in front of all your colleagues and started ranting and raving (over god knows what, we drew 0-0), then you wouldn't like it. Even if you sucked it up and took it, most people would think, stuff that, I'm not lifting a finger for this boss while a good number would crumble.

Why do you think managers like Mourinho struggle now? People have changed, it is not acceptable in 2022. If you listen to Undr the cosh or other podcasts, half the stuff I hear, I think, Jesus, I am glad I wasn't around and I'm certainly glad it doesn't happen any more.

EDIT - that being said, if evidence of proper bullying comes out I'll accept I'm wrong
    I did explain that it gets there via abuse of power. The wider discussion is about what's acceptable and not whether anybody's right or wrong. Nobody needs to fall out over this stuff. I find it interesting and it resonates with me personally.

No prizes for guessing how, you sound a right bootlicker.

Now you’re using your view of how the world should be. Social media bullying is the horrible cause of huge numbers of suicide. You have absolutely no idea of the mental state of the people you post about and also no idea who reads this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Totally disagree with the notion that this messageboard could not impact on someone's mental health through bullying - online bullying is a huge problem and has led to significant issues for people and the impact on their mental health - volume of contributors or degree of exposure is irrelevant in my view
    👍… didn’t see your post until after I’d replied

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Now you’re using your view of how the world should be. Social media bullying is the horrible cause of huge numbers of suicide. You have absolutely no idea of the mental state of the people you post about and also no idea who reads this board.
    Social media bullying is horrible. I do think you should be able to comment on what you have been told by people you trust though. If you cannot comment on anything, then we can't have a message board. You need to be able to voice your opinion on here and there is a great difference between that and vile social media abuse.

Social media bullying is horrible. I do think you should be able to comment on what you have been told by people you trust though. If you cannot comment on anything, then we can't have a message board. You need to be able to voice your opinion on here and there is a great difference between that and vile social media abuse.
    This is a poster who accused me of physically abusing my wife and children mind. Hes in no position to preach on the harm words on a message board can cause.

The person who DMd me on Twitter yesterday telling me about the West Brom incident, and the player concerned, seems to have gone a lot more public with the bullying claims on there today.

Maybe the lad was reduced to tears by being shouted at because its happened time and time again this year. If someone is constantly having a go at you then it can take its toll mentally. Just because 20/30 years ago tough loves was seen as the way to get the best out of players, its clearly not the case in 2022. Young men are told to talk about their feelings and dont bottle things up and then as soon as word gets out that one of them got upset at being on the end of Morisons tongue lashings once too often hes told to man up, didnt do the players in the old days any harm.etc.etc

Two of the young players from last season, one left, one now out on loan, had been part of the first team squad last season under Mick and had a locker / own personal space in the senior dressing room since pre-season, they were classed as part of the first team squad rather than the Under 23s and in their changing room.

When Morison made some signings in January they both had their belongings thrown out of the locker and dumped into the under 23s changing room with no explanation beforehand. Just turned up to training to find their belongings removed. Fair enough if they werent part of the plans and they needed the locker for the new players but they should have been told beforehand.

Is this an acceptable way to treat young staff? He talked about nothing being handed on a plate to young players but why would he think he doesnt even owe them an explanation, having been part of the first team dressing room for 6 months and then just kicked out with no explanation? The mans man management skills were an absolute joke. He will need serious training if hes ever to make it in management.

Now who’s being aggressive?

I don’t need to justify anything it’s on the previous page. Screaming, shouting, same difference, but hey, you didn’t wince, you didn’t complain.
    I see you’re full of sympathy for the way Morison has allegedly treated a few players and are not shy is calling him names , yet you act just like him with your online persona. I’m sure you’re not anything like your online persona in a face to face environment

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I see you’re full of sympathy for the way Morison has allegedly treated a few players and are not shy is calling him names , yet you act just like him with your online persona. I’m sure you’re not anything like your online persona in a face to face environment
    Yes because internet jousting with other name callers and multis such as yourself is so akin to managing young people in a professional capacity

On your bike Flower Man