+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumours doing the rounds

International

Re: Rumours doing the rounds

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    But ask him nicely. We don't want to upset him..

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That is harsh and very embarrassing for a young player, I would laugh myself and plan to get my own back, like now i'd be seen laughing and liking his sacking posts, but if it was done to my Son I wouldn't be happy all!
    Kids these days don't know what they're doing.

I'd have had a shit on a piece of paper and stuck it in Morison's desk drawer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Kids these days don't know what they're doing.

I'd have had a shit on a piece of paper and stuck it in Morison's desk drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I've yet to see a word anywhere attributed to Morison since his departure.

Is his mobile phone on the blink?

Has he enrolled at a Cistercians' monastery?

Fearing Vinnie's diddled him of a few quid, is he busy counting his payoff?
    He's wearing concrete boots in Cardiff Bay

[QUOTE=DubaiDai;5347210]
    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Well done hard man. It's not acceptable in any work place, football is no different

If what JR is saying is true (in fairness he's calling Morison's behaviour out since he was appointed) then thank **** he's gone. Not only was his football shit

So you haven’t been down to watch the City this season?
    Call me old fashioned, I like to see us score the odd goal or two. I'd guess Morison is one of the worst managers we've ever had in terms of goals per games. The "good" football was useless. It really isn't that difficult to pass the ball around the back 4 in your own half. We have seen team after team play against us and sit back, watch us pass the ball around and then hit us on the break when we lose it because there is no plan on how to score, except getting it wide.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No, but I bet almost every professional footballer that came through the youth system has.

I'm guessing you probably did. Genuine questions and with all due respect, what was it like? How did you feel when it happened? How did you feel at the end of the season.
    The last thing i want to do is make this thread about me, it was thirty years ago. I spoke about the stuff that happened awhile back and it didn't end well. I got myself into a stupid argument with another poster (a good poster) and i made a bit of a twat of myself. It was different back then, but the verbal assassinations hurt, they were personal, and in an environment that was incredibly competitive and one where your peers where petrified of the person who was dishing out the abuse. He would get them involved and try and make them laugh at you, because they were frightened of him. I'm not for one second saying that Morison was like that, and i was nowhere near the level the lads in question are at. I don't mind talking about it, although i'm concerned that it may derail the thread, something i don't want to do. PM me if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes I remember hearing about this before.
    not really that big of a deal, of course if you bring in new signings they need to be in the first team lockers ahead of someone who is on the fringes of the squad.
    probably could have been handled better but surely there are other people who can have that conversation other than the manager?
    It's terrible man management though, how can you be expected to respect someone if they don't respect you enough to explain a situation like that to you

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's terrible man management though, how can you be expected to respect someone if they don't respect you enough to explain a situation like that to you
    It's old style, I worked in Sales back in the old days it was all charts on the wall and newsletters, he's doing brilliant, and he's rubbish, when you were doing well you were the hero, for those poor blighters that struggled it was very embarrassing and probably bullying and cruel.

I suppose it got the right results from most, high praise and not made to look stupid pushed me to higher levels and it certainly toughened most of us up, but there were a few casualties and the odd breakdown from those that couldn't handle stress.

For footballers it's pretty much like that week after week with many of us, hammering them on here and twitter week after week, it's a probably a lot tougher than most of us think.

I was at a Carmarthen Town game once @ Cardiff MET. We moved around the pitch to see if visiting manager was as much of an aR5e as we had been led to believe.

He was.

International

Who?
    Colwill, Davies, Denham, McGuiness, Nelson?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I was at a Carmarthen Town game once @ Cardiff MET. We moved around the pitch to see if visiting manager was as much of an aR5e as we had been led to believe.

He was.
    C'mon don't be shy and coy, who was the tw@t ??

Seems like word has got out elsewhere that his treatment of Colwill has been nothing short of disgraceful. Hopefully he will flourish under a new manager and his confidence returns.

It's old style, I worked in Sales back in the old days it was all charts on the wall and newsletters, he's doing brilliant, and he's rubbish, when you were doing well you were the hero, for those poor blighters that struggled it was very embarrassing and probably bullying and cruel.

I suppose it got the right results from most, high praise and not made to look stupid pushed me to higher levels and it certainly toughened most of us up, but there were a few casualties and the odd breakdown from those that couldn't handle stress.

For footballers it's pretty much like that week after week with many of us, hammering them on here and twitter week after week, it's a probably a lot tougher than most of us think.
    But what you're describing is a harsh competitive environment, not just "your worth is so little I'm not even going to take 5 mins to explain this situation to you"

If you've got a youngster who's been involved with the 1st team then surely it's far better management to take them to one side and say "listen, we've got some more experienced lads coming in so we're going to put you back in the U23's. You did well though, now keep working on this, this and this and put me in a position with your performances where I have to bring you back in"

Just seems obvious doesn't it?

(If what is alluded to is true of course)

But what you're describing is a harsh competitive environment, not just "your worth is so little I'm not even going to take 5 mins to explain this situation to you"

If you've got a youngster who's been involved with the 1st team then surely it's far better management to take them to one side and say "listen, we've got some more experienced lads coming in so we're going to put you back in the U23's. You did well though, now keep working on this, this and this and put me in a position with your performances where I have to bring you back in"

Nah grown men have to “deal with it”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Gotta be Mark Aizlewood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Gotta be Mark Aizlewood.
    That man fancies himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Gotta be Mark Aizlewood.
    Is he out of nick?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is he out of nick?
    Back managing in Carmarthen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Mark Aizlewood.

International

Yes it does, and that is probably how it should be and I would imagine is handled 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Mark Aizlewood.
    Lol..I'd forgotten the ol' jailbird had been a manager

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think you can make a pretty decent guess on who the two players are based on what JR's said in this thread and others and both had made their debuts & been training with the firsts for some time (if I'm right in my guess one of them made first team squads in 20/21). Why shouldn't players playing and training with the firsts be based in their changing room?
    Who?
    Colwill, Davies, Denham, McGuiness, Nelson?
    Surely more like Bowen and Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Definitely Bowen and Evans was the one that sprung to mind with me - I suppose there's a slight possibility it could be Zimba.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes possibly

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Seems like word has got out elsewhere that his treatment of Colwill has been nothing short of disgraceful. Hopefully he will flourish under a new manager and his confidence returns.
    He's a lazy sod. Never seen him put a tackle in, track back, lost the ball every time he received it when he came on against 'boro - though hardly broke a sweat. I think this mis-place praise has gone to his head and he thinks he's a lot better than he really is. Can fully understand why his doesn't get picked.