+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumours doing the rounds

Re: Rumours doing the rounds

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's a lazy sod. Never seen him put a tackle in, track back, lost the ball every time he received it when he came on against 'boro - though hardly broke a sweat. I think this mis-place praise has gone to his head and he thinks he's a lot better than he really is. Can fully understand why his doesn't get picked.
    That's a bit harsh personally, I don't think that he's the brightest on a football pitch. He's great when he can drive into space with the ball, he's naturally good at that. Ask him to look over his shoulder before he receives the ball, not happening.

He's a lazy sod. Never seen him put a tackle in, track back, lost the ball every time he received it when he came on against 'boro - though hardly broke a sweat. I think this mis-place praise has gone to his head and he thinks he's a lot better than he really is. Can fully understand why his doesn't get picked.
    Utter bollocks. He has no ego, he’s a lovely lad by all accounts. One that’s had the confidence drained out of him by a sociopathic bully.

Don’t think too hard in future you might so yourself an injury.

International

I wonder if he reads this, that lovely motivational speech will do him the World of good no doubt.

Sorry but this is just plain wrong. I think I watched the same game as you but I am not sure now. Firstly, we won the game. Secondly he came on at a time when we were under severe pressure and with him on the pitch we closed the game out and took the three points. In the last five minutes or so we kept Boro at arms length and this in no small part was due to the subs who came on. It wasn't time for silky skills, it was time for chasing and working hard to keep them out and I remember him doing plenty of that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Utter bollocks. He has no ego, he’s a lovely lad by all accounts. One that’s had the confidence drained out of him by a sociopathic bully.

Don’t think too hard in future you might so yourself an injury.
    I think that you might just have committed libel there. Think you had better withdraw it pretty quickly. Plus, look up the definition if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sorry but this is just plain wrong. I think I watched the same game as you but I am not sure now. Firstly, we won the game. Secondly he came on at a time when we were under severe pressure and with him on the pitch we closed the game out and took the three points. In the last five minutes or so we kept Boro at arms length and this in no small part was due to the subs who came on. It wasn't time for silky skills, it was time for chasing and working hard to keep them out and I remember him doing plenty of that.
    Sorry, meant Huddersfield not 'Boro. He was on from the 70th minute and really didn't do a thing IMHO.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Colwill under the next manager - if he continues to play as you suggest above them you might be right (I'd be surprised though) but if he returns to the player that we saw lots of glimpse of last season then I'd suggest that you are well wide of the mark.

If I was a betting man I'd say the latter, but we'll see soon enough.

Sorry, meant Huddersfield not 'Boro. He was on from the 70th minute and really didn't do a thing IMHO.
    Who did?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that you might just have committed libel there. Think you had better withdraw it pretty quickly. Plus, look up the definition if I were you.
    Do one Linus.

Dearie me

Neither did anyone else. Bit weird to single him out isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a bit harsh personally, I don't think that he's the brightest on a football pitch. He's great when he can drive into space with the ball, he's naturally good at that. Ask him to look over his shoulder before he receives the ball, not happening.
    He’s not starting XI quality but he may become it. Depends on if a manager is willing to gamble.

With a decent manager he'd be the first down on the team sheet and you would build a team around him

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He’s not starting XI quality but he may become it. Depends on if a manager is willing to gamble.
    He's miles better than Sawyers and is much more creative than Rinomhota. He should be starting. You've got to get everyone else to cover his deficiencies because he offers something that nobody else in the squad has.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What do you think constitutes a Championship quality player? You won't find many of them without any weaknesses to their game - that would make them Premier League quality (and there are plenty of players in that division with weaknesses). What members of the current City squad do you rate as Championship quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Neither did anyone else. Bit weird to single him out isn't it?
    I sngled him out because he's become the poster boy for many on here. People are saying we should build the team around him, he's being 'held back' by the manager, we'll lose him to another club, Morison should have gone because he wasn't treating him fairly, etc, etc,.

He's OK, but I'm not alone in those who I go to the games with, that he's just too slow and ponderous, lacking aggression, and currently isn't a shoe-in for selection.

I sngled him out because he's become the poster boy for many on here. People are saying we should build the team around him, he's being 'held back' by the manager, we'll lose him to another club, Morison should have gone because he wasn't treating him fairly, etc, etc,.

He's OK, but I'm not alone in those who I go to the games with, that he's just too slow and ponderous, lacking aggression, and currently isn't a shoe-in for selection.
    Lets see what hes like under a new manager.

Your criticism is way OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets see what hes like under a new manager.

Your criticism is way OTT.
    Essentially he's right though I'd put it a different way as he's like Whitts was, a luxury player we sometimes can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Essentially he's right though I'd put it a different way as he's like Whitts was, a luxury player we sometimes can't afford.
    What a comment 😂
    What I'd do for a "luxury" like Whitts in his prime right now.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What a comment ��
    What I'd do for a "luxury" like Whitts in his prime right now.
    mental isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What do you think constitutes a Championship quality player? You won't find many of them without any weaknesses to their game - that would make them Premier League quality (and there are plenty of players in that division with weaknesses). What members of the current City squad do you rate as Championship quality?
    I watched Joel Colwill play against Newport (albeit briefly) and he seemed very impressive and didn't shirk a tackle either. I've heard a few reports from inside and outside the club that he's got more potential than his older brother.

LOL

I despair. I really do.

I think you mean can't afford not to have

Interesting point this, it's a comparison I'd been thinking about myself. I was actually sad enough to go back to April 2017 on here (around page 930) to check it out and the mixed views on Whitts as he came to the end of his time here were very similar to those on Colwill now. I wondered if the same posters were sticking up for both and the previous two posters in this thread both popped up. Older Blue started a thread defending Whitts and JR Hartley was calling Warnock an 'utter c**t' for subbing him against Newcastle.

Out of character but I said something quite interesting, looking back. I pointed out that Whitts had been tried in a number of positions in the previous season or two without really convincing in any but when he got criticised for a poor performance posters would jump in and say it was because he was being played out of position. It seems to be a recurring theme with Colwill now too. There were the same 'lazy/ lethargic/ half-hearted' criticisms aimed at both players by some posters too.

I'm not sure how a lad just out of his teens can be seen in the same way as a man in his thirties coming to the end of his career but, both positively and negatively, there do seem to be some similarities here, to be fair to Sneggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Interesting point this, it's a comparison I'd been thinking about myself. I was actually sad enough to go back to April 2017 on here (around page 930) to check it out and the mixed views on Whitts as he came to the end of his time here were very similar to those on Colwill now. I wondered if the same posters were sticking up for both and the previous two posters in this thread both popped up. Older Blue started a thread defending Whitts and JR Hartley was calling Warnock an 'utter c**t' for subbing him against Newcastle.

Out of character but I said something quite interesting, looking back. I pointed out that Whitts had been tried in a number of positions in the previous season or two without really convincing in any but when he got criticised for a poor performance posters would jump in and say it was because he was being played out of position. It seems to be a recurring theme with Colwill now too. There were the same 'lazy/ lethargic/ half-hearted' criticisms aimed at both players by some posters too.

I'm not sure how a lad just out of his teens can be seen in the same way as a man in his thirties coming to the end of his career but, both positively and negatively, there do seem to be some similarities here, to be fair to Sneggy.
    Issue is that you need to build The entire team and formation around Colwill if you want him to flourish. Is he yah good? I’m just not sure. If I was manager would I? Probably not.