+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bale

Re: Bale

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But , but ,but he feels loved once again , pity he didn't think he'd gain that affection in Cardiff his home town ffs he had a massive opportunity too stimulate our club , and see youngsters looking at him and us a hero and interest , greed always wins ........
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But , but ,but he feels loved once again , pity he didn't think he'd gain that affection in Cardiff his home town ffs he had a massive opportunity too stimulate our club , and see youngsters looking at him and us a hero and interest , greed always wins ........
    Totally disagree, for the reasons below

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If he would have came here, the expectation would have been so high, he would have been forced to put maximum effort and commitment into his appearances, thus increasing the odds of him getting injured and missing the World Cup.

I do not hold it against him for taking the easy option (plus the ££’s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Absolutely
    Pace on both flanks crossing the ball into Kieffer
    I thought we played really well against a top ranked side
    All we took out of the performance were more positives heading to Qatar 朗
    I can't wait for players like Charlie Savage to join the party. We are in transition now, and hopefully we will see an influx of youngsters after the Word Cup, so that we can start rebuilding for future tournaments. It's time for Page to ditch his old mates and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can't wait for players like Charlie Savage to join the party. We are in transition now, and hopefully we will see an influx of youngsters after the WORD Cup, so that we can start rebuilding for future tournaments. It's time for Page to ditch his old mates and move on.
    Hope they can all bloody spell

I can't wait for players like Charlie Savage to join the party. We are in transition now, and hopefully we will see an influx of youngsters after the Word Cup, so that we can start rebuilding for future tournaments. It's time for Page to ditch his old mates and move on.
    Totally agree, and he should be ditching them now and integrating the youngsters into the squad. Is Johnny Williams going to offer more than Savage or Gunter more than Fin Stevens or Jack Ashworth?

Bale doesn't do the things that he did 4 years ago, like run, press from the front etc, he doesn't even try and beat his man anymore, just gives himself half a yard and plays the cross around the fullback. He's a final third player now, and i think that we have to accommodate that as he still has huge quality in his delivery, short passing and movement. He only plays when he is in those positions, that's maybe why he may be able to play for 70 minutes plus during the world cup.

For me, it’s more important getting Ramsey on the pitch
    For me crucial we get both. Opposition will still fret over bale and Rambo good enough still to take advantage. And they link up so well. Add in Brennan and I’m excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bale doesn't do the things that he did 4 years ago, like run, press from the front etc, he doesn't even try and beat his man anymore, just gives himself half a yard and plays the cross around the fullback. He's a final third player now, and i think that we have to accommodate that as he still has huge quality in his delivery, short passing and movement. He only plays when he is in those positions, that's maybe why he may be able to play for 70 minutes plus during the world cup.
    So he's a goal hanger then

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Totally agree, and he should be ditching them now and integrating the youngsters into the squad. Is Johnny Williams going to offer more than Savage or Gunter more than Fin Stevens or Jack Ashworth?
    Imagine Chem Campbell up front on the left & Brennan Johnson on the right, with Savage & Luke Harris bursting through from midfield, and Neco & Owen Beck playing as the wing-backs. Of course Brooks, Wilson, & James are also still young, along with many others I haven't mentioned.

*Chem Campbell may need a bit of work, as he could be poached by England.

Neco...he lacks any class. An abundance of effort will only take you so far.

So he's a goal hanger then
    Ronaldo has been a 'Goal Hanger' for the best part of 6 years!

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Neco...he lacks any class. An abundance of effort will only take you so far.
    Maybe play him on the right then, where he has been doing really well for Forest. The lad is right footed.

Ronaldo has been a 'Goal Hanger' for the best part of 6 years!
    I'm not knocking it, I was a bit of a goal hanger myself in my later years.

When your legs go it happens pretty quickly, but I think Ronny has generally looked after himself a lot better than Gareth has.

Agreed, but he's still a ****ing magician. When the moments come, there is no one, and never has been anyone that can do what he does for this team. He may not be able to kick the ball in to space, run out of touch and catch up with it. But when you need someone to make a difference. When it matters. Wearing a Welsh shirt. Accept no substitute. Pun just caught up with me and now can be assumed intended.

Bale has played 5 minutes in 5 weeks. Not ideal. That said..were this a normal world cup, I guess the vast majority of players would have finished their domestic season a good month early anyway.

It is strange though. So few starts, sitting on the bench and not coming on at all etc. Doesn't speak volumes of his form.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...hance-25394004

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bale has played 5 minutes in 5 weeks. Not ideal. That said..were this a normal world cup, I guess the vast majority of players would have finished their domestic season a good month early anyway.

It is strange though. So few starts, sitting on the bench and not coming on at all etc. Doesn't speak volumes of his form.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...hance-25394004
    5 mins in 5 weeks isnt ideal, but he will still be training and keeping fit, if he can give his all for 60 - 70 mins, he is a game winner

For me, it’s more important getting Ramsey on the pitch
    Ben Davies has got to be one of the most important players considering he is the only player in the squad playing elite (topish of prem and UCL) club football.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    5 mins in 5 weeks isnt ideal, but he will still be training and keeping fit, if he can give his all for 60 - 70 mins, he is a game winner
    Even just for free kicks…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    indeed

Not really worked out has it.

Given his lack of match fitness it wouldn't have here either mind.

Has it ever been said what the problem is? He seems fit enough to play when we need to but then can never get a run at club level. He's 33 and it's been like this for years now.

On the pitch he is still capable, although you can noticably see he has slowed.

I think Bales only intention is making it to the World Cup without injury.

Hes obviously not going to be anywhere near match fit or anywhere near his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Ben Davies has got to be one of the most important players considering he is the only player in the squad playing elite (topish of prem and UCL) club football.
    I agree. Hes probably Wales best player now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Bales only intention is making it to the World Cup without injury.
    and I for one dont begrudge him that, playing at the World Cup for your country, its stuff that most young footballers dream of

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    and I for one dont begrudge him that, playing at the World Cup for your country, its stuff that most young footballers dream of
    We should be sending our best and fittest players to Qatar, not friends of the manager or injured players with past glories. I don't see England, USA or Iran doing anything like this, and the team announcement next week will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Or just for the coin toss