+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Moonage Daydream

O/T Moonage Daydream

Watched the new Bowie doc last night at Chapter. Hmm. If you're a fan then you'll definitely want to watch it as there is loads of footage you will not have seen before, both performances and interviews. It's not a biography though so don't go in expecting it to be. It's vaguely chronological but doesn't really cover his resurgence which began with The Next Day. And doesn't cover the doldrums years at all. Very arty. I've had a look on IMDB this morning and reviews seem to vary between 9 or 10 or 1 or 2. Not sure what I'd give it. As a biopic? 3 or 4. As an audio-visual experience? 7 probably. As an insight into what many of us would view as one if the most important musical artists of our lifetimes? 8 maybe.
    Worth a watch but to enjoy it you'll need to ditch some of your expectations.

Re: O/T Moonage Daydream

The man was a genius, freak, unique, he transcended all music genre's more than any artist I can think off .. ...

Anyone missing Bowie there's a brilliant tribute band around called Absolute Bowie .. the lead guitarist has done his work on Mick Ronsons and Earl Slick abilities..

Re: O/T Moonage Daydream

The man was a genius, freak, unique, he transcended all music genre's more than any artist I can think off .. ...

Anyone missing Bowie there's a brilliant tribute band around called Absolute Bowie .. the lead guitarist has done his home work on Mick Ronsons and Earl Slick abilities..