+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morison speaks on SSN

Re: Morison speaks on SSN

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Last two games, one win, one loss. Three points out of six. Thats not relegation form.

First four games, two wins, a draw and a defeat. Seven points out of twelve. Thats not relegation form either.

Stats can be used to back up any argument you like. The only thing that matters is the total after 46 games
    No your right, Morow is a football genius and master tactician, Pep was lucky they beat Wolves otherwise Man City would have been knocking on his door

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Last two games, one win, one loss. Three points out of six. Thats not relegation form.

First four games, two wins, a draw and a defeat. Seven points out of twelve. Thats not relegation form either.

Stats can be used to back up any argument you like. The only thing that matters is the total after 46 games
    After 42 games he'd won 53 points. Thats roughly 58 points over a 46 game season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    After 42 games he'd won 53 points. Thats roughly 58 points over a 46 game season.
    After 10 games this season he’s got 11 points. That equates to 50/51 over the course of the season. That’s fighting relegation territory. Averaging 0.7 goals per game, piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    After 10 games this season he’s got 11 points. That equates to 50/51 over the course of the season. That’s fighting relegation territory. Averaging 0.7 goals per game, piss poor.
    My argument isn’t that his record was good enough, my argument is that he should have been more time to turn it around.

I believe we were going in the right direction, but again, we’ll never know.

Well, we have Hudson now, for the short term at least anyway.
    I'm not sure what he'll do differently but he surely has to change things.
    Morison took silly risks playing Nkounkou defensively, given that's he's clearly no full back or wing back, hopefully Bagan comes in or Ng slots in there if need be.

Surely he has to change things up front too unless he suddenly starts trusting Etete.

It's going to be an interesting team sheet that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    My argument isn’t that his record was good enough, my argument is that he should have been more time to turn it around.

The form guide for the pools was always 6 games
    We won once against a poor Boro team
    The manner in which we lost at Bristol Millwall and Huddersfield was shocking
    We were going one way, the 5 games without a goal out of the last 7 was a shocking stat
    Morison was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, not knowing what to do next, so did nothing

Really random question… Do the names Jimmy Foreman and Jem Fisher mean anything to you from the late 70’s early 80’s?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Your opinion is as valid as someone with the opposite view, what can't be denied is facts

The facts simply show, he was not good enough
    The fact is we were in 18th place. We won one and lost one of our last two games. The first half at 'Boro was amazing. Also a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Really random question… Do the names Jimmy Foreman and Jem Fisher mean anything to you from the late 70’s early 80’s?
    I’m 42 so no mate

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Your opinion is as valid as someone with the opposite view, what can't be denied is facts

The facts simply show, he was not good enough
    Also that Tan, Dalman and Choo thought he would be good enough. Let's not ignore that fact too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The fact is we were in 18th place. We won one and lost one of our last two games. The first half at 'Boro was amazing. Also a fact.
    No idea why he was 'sacked', but if it was simply because of our league position after 10 games with a brand new squad, that's beyond foolish. I doubt Morison told the board the team would be flying up the table in the first couple of months - and any decision could easily have been left until after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No idea why he was 'sacked', but if it was simply because of our league position after 10 games with a brand new squad, that's beyond foolish. I doubt Morison told the board the team would be flying up the table in the first couple of months - and any decision could easily have been left until after Christmas.
    Me neither but it must be said that VT has never been one to keep his powder dry.

Also judging by the amount of different nationalities in our top brass there is a good chance much of what is relayed gets lost in translation.

Add to that the fact there are few footballing brains at that level, is it any wonder what has been going on in our club this last decade?

Some are so blinded by their hatred of Morison (for no logical reason) that they aren’t willing to accept the positive changes he made. That’s fine, I believe we’d have been easily safe had he stayed all season but we’ll never know.

The one thing I do know is that we still have the same incompetent leadership that has brought in the last handful of mangers on the cheap. A grim few months ahead regardless
    Like?? Okay we can play out from the back, but we are clueless once it reaches the halfway line. Sure he steered us away from relegation last season but he was backed with an army of loans Mick wasn't given (though Mick was shite don't get me wrong).

I'm willing to bet Morison doesn't get another managers job in the foreseeable future, he is no great loss

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tan calls all of the shots. Dalman and Choo are very highly paid yes men. Both of their roles should be considered but they won't be as they do what Tan wants.
    If that is the case then why, when Bales and his agent were having personal interviews (same with Ramsey etc.) was Dalman the one who flew into the UK to carry out the meetings ?
    Both of which ended with players making alternative choices,
    Dalman is very much influential and has made too many personal errors to avoid criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It's hard to argue with the facts which is what it all comes down to for me.
    We looked utterly toothless while allowing him to play with one up top, no height or physical ability to hold up the ball.

As has been pointed out, one win, a draw and four losses in our last six. That's relegation form no matter what spin you try and put on it.

He wasn't good enough and was far too stubborn. Add to that his prickly nature, and I honestly don't think much would have changed.

Tan had clearly seen enough and decided to pull the trigger. I really can't dispute that decision. If I was owner he might have had a couple games more, but I honestly don't think they'd have made a difference.
    I could accept those comments if we make a good appointment but I fail to see that happening.
    The other point is why didn’t we have someone lined up ?
    Some on here have said he was singled out for sacking before the Middlesbrough game