+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morison speaks on SSN

Re: Morison speaks on SSN

Sounded like 1 of his post match interviews full of its and buts but ultimately failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He's gone. Seriously, f*ck him.

Mick's gone, I don't give a sh*t what he has to say.
    We never hear from Neil Harris thank the gods.
    Warnock's another one, not interested.

We move on.
    The "we move on" bit is the part I am most worried about if I am honest

If Gabbidon is to be believed then it was considered giving him the boot before the Boro game so I am assuming by the time it had reached Gabbidon it was being considered earlier again and so you would think that the board would have a bit of a plan but the silence is deafening on this

That's the most alarming but unsurprising bit about this

We are a shambles as far as managerial appointments go and Dalmans role in all this surely has to be considered??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

If Gabbidon is to be believed then it was considered giving him the boot before the Boro game so I am assuming by the time it had reached Gabbidon it was being considered earlier again and so you would think that the board would have a bit of a plan but the silence is deafening on this

We are a shambles as far as managerial appointments go and Dalmans role in all this surely has to be considered??
    I totally agree with what you say. We are a shambles.

I guess, I feel I have no control or say in any of this and they'll just do whatever they do. I'm glad he's gone. I'm not interested in what he has to say. He's been well paid. I don't feel sorry for him. I have no faith our Board will appoint anyone better, but they might. That's the only thing I can cling to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    whether or not it was a mistake depends entirely on who we appoint next.
    if we get someone that kicks us on to the next level then it will have been a good decision, if we get Mick back then it will be terrible.
    I have little confidence in our ability to get it right, but let's see, maybe we will strike lucky.

it does feel that there is more of a structure in place these days that doesn't entirely rely on the manager, I'm sure Morison said things at times about bringing in players that the manager after him could continue the direction with, it's hard to imagine who it is that is setting that direction though
    Getting rid of Morison is not a mistake. The bloke was miles out of his depth. I'll stick to results.

If they hire a donut, that's a mistake but firing someone who wasn't up to it is not an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Tan calls all of the shots. Dalman and Choo are very highly paid yes men. Both of their roles should be considered but they won't be as they do what Tan wants.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That’s a very black and white way of looking at it.

We’d made strides forward in the way we play and I’m confident we would have eventually come good and had a mid table finish.
    I think so too tbh. Obviously there is no way to tell, and depends on who comes in, but I still regret the sacking.

We’d made strides forward in the way we play and I’m confident we would have eventually come good and had a mid table finish.
    It’s the only thing way to look at it. Making strides forward is all well and good but we need points on the board. The cold, hard facts are that the only stats that matter in football are the figures below the letters P W D L F A Pts. It never says in brackets alongside, ‘ This team’s football has improved and the figures under the preceding letters are quite false and they will soon be rapidly climbing the table’.

He got the sack. Why would it be “mutual”?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've seen this written in a few places but it just isn't true.

if you go and read the actual statement the club put out it's got the standard level of politeness as any of our previous manager replacements.

we thank him for his work as manager and wish him the best in his future career etc.
    It seems SM went to the same finishing school as Gareth Bale.
    Yeah!

We were never going to learn.anything from that interview.
    If you are relieved of your duties, asked to move on, sacked or whatever you like to call it, with it will be a payoff with a signed document about your future conduct re the club and you will have to be careful about what you say.

He also wants to get back into football and pointing fingers isn't going to impress any prospective employer.

I was gutted that he'd gone when I heard as I thought that we were making progress but as has been mentioned, it's all about the results and not how you get them.
    I'd have given him another couple of games personally but I'd like to think that there is some sort of plan and sound reasoning behind the timing of it.

The worry is that as a club we continually make the same mistakes going forward, cheap options.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s the only thing way to look at it. Making strides forward is all well and good but we need points on the board. The cold, hard facts are that the only stats that matter in football are the figures below the letters P W D L F A Pts. It never says in brackets alongside, ‘ This team’s football has improved and the figures under the preceding letters are quite false and they will soon be rapidly climbing the table’.
    We are ten games in though, not ten games to go and in the relegation zone.

Plenty of time to turn the ship around

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It seems SM went to the same finishing school as Gareth Bale.
    Yeah!

We were never going to learn.anything from that interview.
    If you are relieved of your duties, asked to move on, sacked or whatever you like to call it, with it will be a payoff with a signed document about your future conduct re the club and you will have to be careful about what you say.

He also wants to get back into football and pointing fingers isn't going to impress any prospective employer.

I was gutted that he'd gone when I heard as I thought that we were making progress but as has been mentioned, it's all about the results and not how you get them.
    I'd have given him another couple of games personally but I'd like to think that there is some sort of plan and sound reasoning behind the timing of it.

The worry is that as a club we continually make the same mistakes going forward, cheap options.
    Everything is cheap about our board .

18th and going the wrong way. Played mostly teams in the bottom half. Sleep walking to the relegation zone.

We haven't scored in 5 of the last 7 matches if that's making strides forward you can keep it

He was surprisingly inarticulate. Maybe it was talking on live TV......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I'm surprised he didn't refer to the Sky team as "you lot"...

We are ten games in though, not ten games to go and in the relegation zone.

Plenty of time to turn the ship around
    I dread to think where we’ll be in ten games time without him but with him it was looking nailed on bottom three.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'm surprised he didn't refer to the Sky team as "you lot"...

Some are so blinded by their hatred of Morison (for no logical reason) that they aren’t willing to accept the positive changes he made. That’s fine, I believe we’d have been easily safe had he stayed all season but we’ll never know.

The one thing I do know is that we still have the same incompetent leadership that has brought in the last handful of mangers on the cheap. A grim few months ahead regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He (with one GCSE) is a bit (swallows 't') fick.

Some are so blinded by their hatred of Morison (for no logical reason) that they aren’t willing to accept the positive changes he made. That’s fine, I believe we’d have been easily safe had he stayed all season but we’ll never know.

The one thing I do know is that we still have the same incompetent leadership that has brought in the last handful of mangers on the cheap. A grim few months ahead regardless
    It's hard to argue with the facts which is what it all comes down to for me.
    We looked utterly toothless while allowing him to play with one up top, no height or physical ability to hold up the ball.

As has been pointed out, one win, a draw and four losses in our last six. That's relegation form no matter what spin you try and put on it.

He wasn't good enough and was far too stubborn. Add to that his prickly nature, and I honestly don't think much would have changed.

Tan had clearly seen enough and decided to pull the trigger. I really can't dispute that decision. If I was owner he might have had a couple games more, but I honestly don't think they'd have made a difference.

Your opinion is as valid as someone with the opposite view, what can't be denied is facts

The facts simply show, he was not good enough

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Last 6 games
    W1
    D1
    L4
    4 points out of 18 is relegation form
    With no signs of it changing, with no suitable cover at leftback, and we still look weak upfront, he couldn't really manage the media, he seemed very harsh on young players and I don't think he could manage above any better than he could below, on reflection he had to go.

Next!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Last 6 games
    W1
    D1
    L4
    4 points out of 18 is relegation form
    Last two games, one win, one loss. Three points out of six. Thats not relegation form.

First four games, two wins, a draw and a defeat. Seven points out of twelve. Thats not relegation form either.

Stats can be used to back up any argument you like. The only thing that matters is the total after 46 games

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Last two games, one win, one loss. Three points out of six. Thats not relegation form.

First four games, two wins, a draw and a defeat. Seven points out of twelve. Thats not relegation form either.

Stats can be used to back up any argument you like. The only thing that matters is the total after 46 games
    Six is about the correct number really, although I take your point.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

You're only as good as your last few results in this game, we all know that.
    We were lucky to hold on against Boro after a bit of a freak first half. After the break, we reverted to the usual form shown under Morison.
    A lucky 3 points and another 1 point from our last 6 matches is piss-poor.