Match Officials:

Referee: Gavin Ward
    Assistant Referee: Mark Russell
    Assistant Referee: Adam Crysell
    Fourth Official: James Bell

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BURNLEY. Match thread

3-0 Cardiff, all goals from inside our own half

I’ve got absolutely no clue how this game might go. Burnley are in okay form but nothing special.

Will Hudson stick with Morison’s tactics? Will he implement his own? The players seemed quite against Morison’s dismissal, will they lack motivation or fight harder for the win?

I’m quietly excited for the game to be honest. It’ll either be a shitshow or a masterclass performance.

They've scored more than us, conceded less than us and in matches versus common opponents they have gained 12 points to our 2.

But hey we were making giant strides and playing our best football in years allegedly so I'll bravely go for 1-1

I wonder if without Morison we might really cut loose, and score a few goals? I got the impression in some games, that the midfield was deliberately holding their line, and not pushing up. A change of tactics could make all the difference. 3-1 to City.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I wonder if without Morison we might really cut loose, and score a few goals? I got the impression in some games, that the midfield was deliberately holding their line, and not pushing up. A change of tactics could make all the difference. 3-1 to City.
    I really don't see the promotion of Hudson from no.2 to no.1 making too much of a difference but I'm hoping for the same footballing philosophy.

Doubt it'll be a case of us "cutting loose", in fact i foresee the opposite and a tightening up at the back.
    Love to be proved wrong with our strike force finally coming good but can't see it realistically.

I will go with an optimistic 1 nil in City's favour.

Let's just hope for better than we've had recently. Nothing more frustrating than watching toothless wannabe tiki-taka football.

Hoping for a draw. Expecting 2-0 loss.
    😠

Really disappointed we ain't brought a new manager in, don't think Hudson is the future 0-3 with a EIEIEIO coming from the away stand.

it'll be interesting to see if any prospective names are watching the game from the Directors Box. Or even the Grange End.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    it'll be interesting to see if any prospective names are watching the game from the Directors Box. Or even the Grange End.
    Or the touchline?

3-0 loss. Darren Purse promoted as manager within a month. By February the tea lady will be in charge. In March we'll be 20 points from safety, Vincent Tan announces he is taking over as manager. By April we are relegated. Tan replaces the board with Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa Laa and Po.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    3-0 Cardiff, all goals from inside our own half

Seems to be a happy bunch.

Just read the Hudson and Wintle pre-Burnley press conference transcript.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-25133448

We seem to have swung from one extreme (spikey) to another (bland) in under 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just read the Hudson and Wintle pre-Burnley press conference transcript.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-25133448

We seem to have swung from one extreme (spikey) to another (bland) in under 2 weeks!
    You're right. A bit dull. Some of the questions didn't help mind.

Did you see the bit about recruiting another coach:

"Is it just you and Tom R?
    I have spoken about this with the board and Vincent. They have been willing to help me look at it. From my point of view, it’s not to be rushed, it has to be the right person. It has to suit the players. It’s not to be taken lightly. If that’s not right then it won’t happen."

Sounds like the plan is for Hudson long term, not just a trial period, or am I reading too much into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    You're right. A bit dull. Some of the questions didn't help mind.

Did you see the bit about recruiting another coach:

"Is it just you and Tom R?
    I have spoken about this with the board and Vincent. They have been willing to help me look at it. From my point of view, it’s not to be rushed, it has to be the right person. It has to suit the players. It’s not to be taken lightly. If that’s not right then it won’t happen."

Sounds like the plan is for Hudson long term, not just a trial period, or am I reading too much into it?
    "
    "They have been willing to help me look at it." Hardly a ringing endorsement I'd say.

The term “rudderless ship” comes to mind.

Drifting toward a whirlpool that will drag us down and down and.........

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    The term “rudderless ship” comes to mind.

Drifting toward a whirlpool that will drag us down and down and.........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxqvwkmTNy8

Excited yet nervous about tomorrow's game. Cannot see anyone but a Burnley win.
    Suspect Hudson has only a couple of games to prove himself.
    Team will be interesting, guess a couple of changes.
    Allsopp
    Romeo
    Kipri
    Ng
    Bagan
    Ralls
    Sawyers
    Wintle
    Robinson
    Harris
    Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Excited yet nervous about tomorrow's game. Cannot see anyone but a Burnley win.
    Suspect Hudson has only a couple of games to prove himself.
    Team will be interesting, guess a couple of changes.
    Allsopp
    Romeo
    Kipri
    Ng
    Bagan
    Ralls
    Sawyers
    Wintle
    Robinson
    Harris
    Ojo
    Is O'Dowda injured?!

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Is O'Dowda injured?!
    That's what a fortnight off does for me.
    ODowda for Ojo of course! 😀

Match facts

• This is the first league meeting between Cardiff and Burnley since the 2018-19 season when the sides were in the Premier League; the Clarets won both games that season.
    • Burnley are looking to win three consecutive league games against Cardiff for the first time since February 1994.
    • Cardiff City have picked up just five points in their last seven Championship matches (W1 D2 L4), having won three of their four league games before this run (L1).
    • Burnley’s Jay Rodriguez has scored five league goals in eight appearances this season, two more than he managed in 60 Premier League appearances across the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons (3).
    • Burnley defender Taylor Harwood-Bellis has progressed the ball 1,892 metres upfield with ball carries in the Championship this season, the most of any player in the division. It is also more than double than any other Clarets player has managed in the league this season (Ian Maatsen, 941m).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Match facts

• This is the first league meeting between Cardiff and Burnley since the 2018-19 season when the sides were in the Premier League; the Clarets won both games that season.
    • Burnley are looking to win three consecutive league games against Cardiff for the first time since February 1994.
    • Cardiff City have picked up just five points in their last seven Championship matches (W1 D2 L4), having won three of their four league games before this run (L1).
    • Burnley’s Jay Rodriguez has scored five league goals in eight appearances this season, two more than he managed in 60 Premier League appearances across the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons (3).
    • Burnley defender Taylor Harwood-Bellis has progressed the ball 1,892 metres upfield with ball carries in the Championship this season, the most of any player in the division. It is also more than double than any other Clarets player has managed in the league this season (Ian Maatsen, 941m).
    That match up at Turf Moor (April 2019) was rebuffed by Mike Dean and he gave them every, I mean every, decision that day. We should have had a few penalties. It left quite a taste in the mouth.

StT.
    <><

45 mins til team news.
    I have to admit I'm completely intrigued to see what Hudson's first team sheet will look like.
    Praying we play a more aggressive and attacking game.
    Whether people liked Morison or not, there's no denying that the toothless football in the final third was getting massively frustrating.
    I hope we bombard their box today, absolutely hammer their keeper for 90mins, make him feel like he needs to find an air raid shelter rapidly.