+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mekong River Cruise

Mekong River Cruise

Considering this to celebrate my retirement next year, with Emerald Cruises.

Would be something very different & challenging for us.

Has anyone done this or similar? My reservations are humidity & mosquitoes.

I’d be grateful for any feedback.

Re: Mekong River Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Considering this to celebrate my retirement next year, with Emerald Cruises.

Would be something very different & challenging for us.

Has anyone done this or similar? My reservations are humidity & mosquitoes.

I’d be grateful for any feedback.
    I don't do plush cruises but went down part of the Mekong on a rusty boat. Perhaps not your bag

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't do plush cruises but went down part of the Mekong on a rusty boat. Perhaps not your bag
    Similar story for us.

We crossed the Mekong from the Golden Triangle in Thailand into Laos in a long canoe type boat with a hold-all full of Kip - maybe 20 years ago - then down through Laos into Cambodia on a basic boat with night stops in small town hostels. Also been around the delta in Vietnam a couple of times.

Never saw a cruise boat - but maybe that is a more recent thing on the lower river?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Similar story for us.

We crossed the Mekong from the Golden Triangle in Thailand into Laos in a long canoe type boat with a hold-all full of Kip - maybe 20 years ago - then down through Laos into Cambodia on a basic boat with night stops in small town hostels. Also been around the delta in Vietnam a couple of times.

Never saw a cruise boat - but maybe that is a more recent thing on the lower river?
    It goes from HCM City to Siem Reap. I’ve never been on any form of cruise before or to that part of the world, so the (plush, air con) cruise ticks many boxes. Not brave enough & too old for any open canoe version.

Is it humid all year round? I’ve worked in India & Japan in monsoon season, which as TBG says is not my bag.