+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT DOES HUDSON HAVE TO DO?

WHAT DOES HUDSON HAVE TO DO?

To win over the fans?
    Three wins?
    Remain undefeated over the three games?

Does he deserve a chance if he gets a decent points total from the next three games?

Re: WHAT DOES HUDSON HAVE TO DO?

For me, nothing that he has done before or during his time here on the coaching staff has warranted a chance.

At virtually any other club he would not get a chance.

To answer the question though surely a decent upturn on Morison's points average should be enough for Tan. He should be nowhere near the position though outside of a stop gap and getting a serious manager in.

All the things that have been suggested in the other 10 threads about him

Win 1 of his 3 games.

Don’t want him.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    For me, nothing that he has done before or during his time here on the coaching staff has warranted a chance.

At virtually any other club he would not get a chance.

To answer the question though surely a decent upturn on Morison's points average should be enough for Tan. He should be nowhere near the position though outside of a stop gap and getting a serious manager in.
    New inexperienced managers have to start somewhere though?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Don’t want him.
    What if he wins the next three?
    We could have a proven manager in place right now and he could lose the next three would we want him out?

Ignore all the idiotic ravings of a bunch of deluded so called fans on this board, would be my advice to him.

Give a compliment to Mrs Bridges.

he needs one good performance with a win, a strong % of this board will back him
    to get backed by the board? i'd guess a point from the 3 games maybe

I think as long as he looks like keeping us up, Tan & Co. will stick with him. Which is a bit ironic when you consider Morison's sacking after just 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Ignore all the idiotic ravings of a bunch of deluded so called fans on this board, would be my advice to him.
    I doubt any of them do , I would be worried if any sane footballer / manager would follow the wistful meanderings of CCMB posts..

A couple of clean sheets for starters with good performances for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    New inexperienced managers have to start somewhere though?
    They do.

For me that is not the second tier with little to no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Let's be honest, you would champion any old cr@p the club serves up wouldn't you.

All in the name of supporting the club apparently.
    We could get consecutive relegations to the National League and you would say it was all part of Vinny's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    All the things that have been suggested in the other 10 threads about him
    See now you understand

Has the what does Hudson have for breakfast slipped to page 2?

Let's be honest, you would champion any old cr@p the club serves up wouldn't you.

All in the name of supporting the club apparently.
    We could get consecutive relegations to the National League and you would say it was all part of Vinny's plan.
    I am very pleased that you recognised yourself in my description.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What if he wins the next three?
    We could have a proven manager in place right now and he could lose the next three would we want him out?
    If he wins the next 3 then give him another 2 weeks.

He isn’t up to it, it’s obvious.

Jokes aside, he needs to serve up what Morison did, but with some goals scored and less goals shipped, leading to points on’t’ board…

They do.

For me that is not the second tier with little to no experience.
    Exactly.

(someone somewhere will have the stats for the number of clubs who have given individuals their first managerial jobs whilst playing in the Championship. I can think of Trolls, Morison and now Hudson, for us anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly.

(someone somewhere will have the stats for the number of clubs who have given individuals their first managerial jobs whilst playing in the Championship. I can think of Trolls, Morison and now Hudson, for us anyway)
    There won't be many at Championship level that have given a manager with 4 games as a stand in manager a crack at their job on a full time basis. Simply due in part to their fans asking what is going on at their club to make such decisions. We're used to just sitting there and accepting any old rubbish at City though and have been for some time.

...this is a trick question right? Have I been whooshed again?

Learn from the mistakes SM made.

Sorry, Stan , didn't read your OP just saw the title. I think another manager that gets the job by default won't win over the fans. It'll split them in the same way Morison did. Add to that, I don't think he'll be that great and I believe his record is 'lost all matches'. I hope it works out for him/us I really do but this is no way to run a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly.

Paul Trollope had managed Bristol Rovers for 5 years before he got the Cardiff job (with a range of different coaching jobs in between).

Mark Hudson had his first interim managers job - 4 games in the Premier League - with Huddersfield years before this chance with us.

Morison - yes. But that is hardly a trend.