+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chem Campbell

Chem Campbell

Just come on for Wolves, young Welshman. I confess not knowing about him. Looks decent in the short time he’s been on..

Re: Chem Campbell

I've mentioned him a few times, him and Johnson up front would be a formidable partnership in a few years time. Unfortunately he could be turning his back on us, due to squad blockers like Jonniesta taking up valuable places. Last I heard he turned down a call-up for the U21's and I don't blame him. If Page had any sense he would have capped him at senior level already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've mentioned him a few times, him and Johnson up front would be formidable in a few years time. Unfortunately he could be turning his back on us, due to squad blockers like Jonniesta taking up valuable places. Last I heard he turned down a call-up for the U21's and I don't blame him.
    Formidable in what sense, at what level?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Formidable in what sense, at what level?
    1st team mate, he's a baller. He's what James isn't

1st team mate, he's a baller. He's what James isn't
    He's played three games for wolves, according to wiki. I don't have a clue about him, but one thing i have learned is not to hype young players too much. Development is a huge factor with footballers, mentally, physically, emotionally etc. It isn't all about ability with and without a football, although i can't see how anyone could reach any concrete decisions based on the limited time he has spent on the pitch in a professional capacity. I understand your enthusiasm though.

He's played three games for wolves, according to wiki. I don't have a clue about him, but one thing i have learned is not to hype young players too much. Development is a huge factor with footballers, mentally, physically, emotionally etc. It isn't all about ability with and without a football, although i can't see how anyone could reach any concrete decisions based on the limited time he has spent on the pitch in a professional capacity. I understand your enthusiasm though.
    He naturally talented, can score goals of the month, and he's already looking the part when he came on today. The Wolves fan like him a lot.

PS I am not being over-enthusiastic, just think we might have dropped the ball and he ends up with England

He naturally talented, can score goals of the month, and he's already looking the part when he came on today. The Wolves fan like him a lot.
    I'm sold.

He’s another jinky, nippy winger type though - he looks like a talented lad, but, with Bale not going to be around much longer, we’re going to be very samey up front apart from Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s another jinky, nippy winger type though - he looks like a talented lad, but, with Bale not going to be around much longer, we’re going to be very samey up front apart from Keiffer.
    He's plays on the left, so he would be competing with James & Matondo, and he has more end product.

A brief scouting report, he's a lot better now that he's learned to strike the ball properly.

https://twitter.com/ZCymru/status/1213538715764756482

https://twitter.com/WolvesAcademy/st...74016060694528

No doubt those with cooler heads will say otherwise but..
    If he’s turned down a call up for the u21s then f*** him.
    Go and get a place in the England team.
    We need players who want to fight for a place
    in the Welsh team, not divas

Loved Galveston

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    No doubt those with cooler heads will say otherwise but..
    If he’s turned down a call up for the u21s then f*** him.
    Go and get a place in the England team.
    We need players who want to fight for a place
    in the Welsh team, not divas
    There are a few players who get picked for every squad who aren't world beaters, but they are supposedly loyal and get rewarded accordingly. I'm not sure if I agree with this, as any player would be loyal once they are selected, so maybe the squad should be chosen on merit?

There are a few players who get picked for every squad who aren't world beaters, but they are supposedly loyal and get rewarded accordingly. I'm not sure if I agree with this, as any player would be loyal once they are selected, so maybe the squad should be chosen on merit?
    I agree the squad should be chosen on merit but if someone turns down a call up for the u21s then that’s not a good attitude. Especially
    If it’s because in their head they should have a divine right to be in the senior squad.

I don’t know much about him so maybe I’m wrong, those clips are the first I’ve seen. But we’ve had bang-average players for city score
    Worldys but continue to be bang-average

Playing on the right wing now against Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Loved Galveston
    Great song

Loaned out to Wycombe…

I'm sold.
    But would you be happy to come back on loan?