+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Bielsa doing now?

Re: What is Bielsa doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hudson would be a decent manager, if people like you would give him a chance.

Perhaps you can find a post of mine that expresses an opinion about Hudson as a manager. You won't find one, he has my backing.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hudson would be a decent manager, if people like you would give him a chance.
    If it ends up being him I'll support him all the way but what about his record of P 4 W 0 L 1 as manager makes you so confident?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Other managers (eg Pep) seem to rate him.
    As I said, I don't think he's a bad manager just not the miracle worker a lot of people claim him to be. He took a solidly mid table Leeds team, who finished 7th a season before he started, spent a fair bit of cash and got them promoted where they did quite well in the Premier League. Once his style had been figured out however he ran out of ideas and nearly took them down.

Don't get me wrong I'd have him at Cardiff, but without some decent financial backing I don't think we'd set the league alight under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    As I said, I don't think he's a bad manager just not the miracle worker a lot of people claim him to be. He took a solidly mid table Leeds team, who finished 7th a season before he started, spent a fair bit of cash and got them promoted where they did quite well in the Premier League. Once his style had been figured out however he ran out of ideas and nearly took them down.

Don't get me wrong I'd have him at Cardiff, but without some decent financial backing I don't think we'd set the league alight under him.
    Who do you think we'd set the league alight with?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Other managers (eg Pep) seem to rate him.
    He's very influential, but he's lost it. He almost threw away Leeds' place in the PL with either his stubbornness or inability to adapt. Something is wrong when you have to sack Marcelo Bielsa so Jesse Marsch can come in and save your season.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    Who do you think we'd set the league alight with?
    Currently, no one. We've just signed 17 players for the bloke we just sacked. Any new manager (assuming it's not Hudson for the foreseeable future) will be getting very little backing in upcoming windows.
    Some managers are good working with what they're given and on a small budget. Imo Bielsa isn't one of those managers, he requires a certain type of player to fit his style rather than fitting his tactics to what he's got available.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Currently, no one. We've just signed 17 players for the bloke we just sacked. Any new manager (assuming it's not Hudson for the foreseeable future) will be getting very little backing in upcoming windows.
    Some managers are good working with what they're given and on a small budget. Imo Bielsa isn't one of those managers, he requires a certain type of player to fit his style rather than fitting his tactics to what he's got available.
    bielsa definitely plays a certain way, but I'd say he's been pretty good at adapting what he's got rather than going out and splashing the cash on new players to fit his style.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If it ends up being him I'll support him all the way but what about his record of P 4 W 0 L 1 as manager makes you so confident?
    He was installed by Tan so DML is fully behind it.

Vinny could send him a steaming turd in the post and he'd call the club to thank them.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    P5 W0 L4 D1

he's improving!