+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First day of retirement

First day of retirement

Dishes done ,hoovering done,dinner ready for tonight.How do women manage to do all of this and still work
    It is going to be a long haul.
    A lovelly day hopefully many more to come.

Re: First day of retirement

An affair with the milkman made it more bearable

Keep something on record to watch at 3am, or some crosswords

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    An affair with the milkman made it more bearable

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Dishes done ,hoovering done,dinner ready for tonight.How do women manage to do all of this and still work
    Did you take VER ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Did you take VER ?
    Nope 66yrs old,one knee is knackered.
    they did want me to stay part time but no xtra money.

Congratulations!

Enjoy it!

Nope 66yrs old,one knee is knackered.
    they did want me to stay part time but no xtra money.
    Take it easy and enjoy it mate...put your feet up.

Enjoy it mate, life’s too short.

Took ill health retirement at the age of 58 last week after being a paramedic for 26 years and being in the ambulance service for 32 years.

I loved the job until I started suffering with PTSD a few yeas ago, but by the time I left I was glad to finish. It felt like a weight has been lifted since I decided to end my career and intend to spend the rest of my time doing what interests me.

I may do some voluntary work or part time work but at the moment I’m in no rush to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    Took ill health retirement at the age of 58 last week after being a paramedic for 26 years and being in the ambulance service for 32 years.

I loved the job until I started suffering with PTSD a few yeas ago, but by the time I left I was glad to finish. It felt like a weight has been lifted since I decided to end my career and intend to spend the rest of my time doing what interests me.

I may do some voluntary work or part time work but at the moment I’m in no rush to do anything.
    To do a job like yours a medal should be given top man

You look after yourself mate

Chill

All the best, I hope you enjoy it and keep busy

Thank you for your service
    Enjoy your retirement

Keep this thread going guys. I retire next June, I’m on 12 months notice, so it’ll be a long haul. My replacement will be announced on Thursday & takeover in January, so I’ll be on wind down from then. I’m going to struggle to make the transition but i guess that’s a well trodden path for many.

P.s. what’s a hoover?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Keep this thread going guys. I retire next June, I’m on 12 months notice, so it’ll be a long haul. My replacement will be announced on Thursday & takeover in January, so I’ll be on wind down from then. I’m going to struggle to make the transition but i guess that’s a well trodden path for many.

P.s. what’s a hoover?
    That's a long notice period. The three months I had to work after telling them I was retiring was enough....Three months of them trying to persude me to stay, but they failed.
    After retiring I had 5 months of relaxing and doing what I wanted before I started a part time job 16 hours a week and one day volunteering.

P.s. what’s a hoover?
    Bloody hell Des, you should be ashamed of yourself, A Hoover is a Dam.

Retired in April aged 58. Been averaging 2/3 hours sleep at night for too long and had come close to falling asleep at the wheel too often.
    Since retiring my pension pot has fallen back one heck of a lot so may go back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bloody hell Des, you should be ashamed of yourself, A Hoover is a Dam.
    Thought he was that dodgy FBI bloke

P.s. what’s a hoover?
    It’s lovely, get up, cup of tea/coffee, shower, get the papers, another cuppa whilst reading the papers, have a think about what needs doing, then realise you can do it tomorrow, make a sandwich for lunch, watch the lunchtime news, perhaps phone/text someone, start preparing tea, eat tea watching the Chase, evening tele, then bed

Great thread this. Good luck, and a long life to those who’ve retired, and those who are about to.You’ve all earned it 👏👏

P.s. what’s a hoover?
    If you were with my Mrs you would know.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s lovely, get up, cup of tea/coffee, shower, get the papers, another cuppa whilst reading the papers, have a think about what needs doing, then realise you can do it tomorrow, make a sandwich for lunch, watch the lunchtime news, perhaps phone/text someone, start preparing tea, eat tea watching the Chase, evening tele, then bed

You been doing that for the last forty odd years, when you retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You need to slow down mate, doing all that stuff every day will make you ill!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You been doing that for the last forty odd years, when you retiring?
    Watching 'The Chase' is a bad sign, TV should not be on at that time of the day. Waiting to 'pop' TV.