5 minutes and nobody has stuck the boot in yet

Re: Tomlin hangs up his boots

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    5 minutes and nobody has stuck the boot in yet
    Give it time…….

I thought he had a contract somewhere?

Many give him shit but if i could have earned the same money doing what he did i'd have jumped at the chance..

I thought he'd hung them up years ago.
    Sad career, mercenary.

All the best to the guy. An entertaining player with fantastic tekkers which hasn't always been the case for us.

Had a fantastic career really in context.

All the best to the guy and good luck as I know he has had his demons.

There will always be Leeds away when he helped bring us back from 3 nil down. Such a talent but too often wasted.

International

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Many give him shit but if i could have earned the same money doing what he didn't do i'd have jumped at the chance..
    Corrected for you.

I know many people who would have given their right leg to be given the chance he was lucky enough to get.

Mercurial player on his day but unfortunately there weren't enough of them.

He will go down as one of the many with lots of talent but issues outside the game prevented him reaching their full potential.
    Doubt he'll be bothered that much mind as he (and his agent) have made a lot of money out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I know many people who would have given their right leg to be given the chance he was lucky enough to get.

Mercurial player on his day but unfortunately there weren't enough of them.

He will go down as one of the many with lots of talent but issues outside the game prevented him reaching their full potential.
    Doubt he'll be bothered that much mind as he (and his agent) have made a lot of money out of the game.
    You have to admire how he got into shape shortly before a contract renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You have to admire how he got into shape shortly before a contract renewal

Looked great pre-season once I think, and put in a bit of magic after the start of said season...
    What a waste though.
    The guy had some genius in his boots for sure and I don't want to rip on him as I'm conscious of the fact that he apparently had mental health problems.
    It's always sad to see talent not reach it's potential, whether it be sport, music or whatever.

Good luck to him
    Clearly has his issues and i hope he overcomes them. What a player on his day, could’ve gone a lot further.
    We’re all too quick to judge

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    508 league appearances

99 goals! Bet he wished he could get one more!

Good figures

Tomlin was excellent in 2019/20 and pretty much single-handedly got us to the play-offs. Never understood why Warnock signed him though.

A wasted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tomlin was excellent in 2019/20 and pretty much single-handedly got us to the play-offs. Never understood why Warnock signed him though.
    I enjoyed watching him play , happily paid my money knowing he was going to light up my Saturday.

What a talent ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I enjoyed watching him play , happily paid my money knowing he was going to light up my Saturday.

What a talent ..
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

What a talent ..
    Tomlin was just about the only player making attending games worthwhile in some of the City teams he played in. I suppose it’s tempting for some to let themselves get a bit out of condition if they’re good enough technically to get away with it. Tomlin was the main reason we got to thePlay Offs in 19/20 and then seemed to give up after that, but I’ll remember some of the things he did in a City shirt more than I will with some who played three and four. Times more games for us than him.

Will go down as a one of footballs many mercurial talents that could have done so much more.

great player had so much vision and he ability to pull it of

BUT

I am not sure he really cared ( though that could have been due to his mental health issues, if it was, its explained ), when it was time to get fit and sign his next contract, he knuckled down and got fit and looked the part, then after the contract was signed, he stopped even attempting to stay fit and the weight piled on, it has happened all through his career ( well at least 'Borogh, Bristol and us

he could have been a prem league player with his ability, but it never happened, he earned a decent wage from the game and entertained us fans ( occasionally ) so all was not wasted

he hasn't found a club since the start of the season, so I guess that forced his hand with retirement, good luck to the lad

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tomlin was just about the only player making attending games worthwhile in some of the City teams he played in. I suppose it’s tempting for some to let themselves get a bit out of condition if they’re good enough technically to get away with it. Tomlin was the main reason we got to thePlay Offs in 19/20 and then seemed to give up after that, but I’ll remember some of the things he did in a City shirt more than I will with some who played three and four. Times more games for us than him.
    nicely written there Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Many give him shit but if i could have earned the same money doing what he did i'd have jumped at the chance..
    Totally irrelevant

If I could jump buildings id be Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    508 league appearances

99 goals! Bet he wished he could get one more!

Good figures
    Hardly the wasted talent some would have you believe.