+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugs on the Menu

Re: Bugs on the Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    interestingly in bats they have an incredible ability to repair their DNA throughout their body, they are practically immune to cancers or genotoxic substances, and it means they have a incredibly long lifespan for a mammal of that size around 40 years in some species compared to small rodents who live 2-4 years.
    I wonder if this incredible resilience and longevity means that the viruses that live in bat populations have had to evolve to be so much more aggressive and pervasive, which is why they cause so many problems when they cross over to other (weaker) species.
    When it comes to trusting the science, "I Wonder" are the last two words I want to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It is said that the Chinese eat anything that has legs. Apart from tables, that is.

For my part, I was given the guest of honour treatment in being served the duck's feet when eating out in China with some contacts I have over there. It's not an honour I particularly appreciated.
    some parts of China more-so than others.

not only the types of animal, but also the parts of the animal, duck tongues, fish eyes, ligaments, bone.

the west and probably especially the British are like babies gastronomically, eating our bland water filled chicken breast and at a push some farmed salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    When it comes to trusting the science, "I Wonder" are the last two words I want to hear!
    You trust the science?

that's why I wrote it to indicate which part of the sentence was factual and which was speculation by me.
    you should try it some time.

I've never been to the Isle of Wight, old fruit.
    Jeez and you call yourself a globe trotter - anything you want to know about Ryde and Shanklin, I'm your man

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You trust the science?
    Peer reviewed science is great, but when they start selecting attributes for the reviewers (e.g. obedience), then it's not so great.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Jeez and you call yourself a globe trotter -anything you want to know about Ryde and Shanklin , I'm your man
    Is that Cockney rhyming slang?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It seems you Schwabians, aka Teletubbies, aka mugs 'r' us, believe you will be immune from Klaus' plans. Either that or you're in denial about the worldwide shite show which becomes worse every day. I'd be grateful if you could let me know how to escape the indigence hyperinflation will bring.

An engineered extremely Dark Winter cometh to the UK, and I don't mean the English Channel will be filled with Eritreans fleeing the horrors of the persecution they suffer in Calais.

Re conspiracies, in a message earlier I once again made the charge that politicians/corporate media/health agencies conspired to deliberately conceal from the British public that mRNA was experimental vaccine technology and that their makers enjoyed indemnity. You nor anyone else have ever challenged that assertion. I think I know why; you realise it is true.

But your Stockholm Syndrome-esque faith in those who deceived you is unshakeable.
    is everything ok at home?

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    is everything ok at home?
    Organ Maudling is coping, don't worry.....snip - 2022-10-04T111538.345.jpg

Blog Entries

I think some of our loopier posters neet a reset. It's just endless repetition by the conspiracist cabal.
    Loopier? People who don't like the way the world is heading you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You can't blame the people who are forcing others to eat bugs while they eat steak, that has been the way of the world since humans first emerged as a species.

Blog Entries

You can't blame the people who are forcing others to eat bugs while they eat steak, that has been the way of the world since humans first emerged as a species.
    Who can I blame then?

Is that Cockney rhyming slang?
    No, they're genteel seaside resorts - or at least they were when my family went on holiday to the Isle of Wight in 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I've never seen bats for sale over there so I guess it's pretty unusual, I've been to Wuhan a few times too.

I've seen people eating them on Chinese social media but I took that to be performative mostly, as there were also plenty of other horrible things being eaten, including live baby rats.
    that said the great famine there will still be in many people's living memory and it was so bad that people literally had to eat whatever they could find in many places, so this does still cast a long shadow.

interestingly in bats they have an incredible ability to repair their DNA throughout their body, they are practically immune to cancers or genotoxic substances, and it means they have a incredibly long lifespan for a mammal of that size around 40 years in some species compared to small rodents who live 2-4 years.
    I wonder if this incredible resilience and longevity means that the viruses that live in bat populations have had to evolve to be so much more aggressive and pervasive, which is why they cause so many problems when they cross over to other (weaker) species.

interesting that bats might hold the key to humans being able to live hundreds of years, or they might be brewing the next plague that will decimate us.
    Very interesting. Food for thought!

Who can I blame then?
    Gullible people like Lardy & Cyril

No, most of us don't like the way the world is heading.

But most of us reject the paranoid fantasist explanations that dominate threads on it.

No one denies there is a small element of planning and conspiracy in the way world events are unfolding, but my take is that the majority see naked self interest by the rich and privileged , unintended consequences, miscalculation, arrogance and stupidity (Truss and Kwartang) and plain, simple cock ups as the main reasons why things happen.

Not the Committee of 300 with their masonic symbols, led by Elizabeth Windsor, hidden in their Dallas bunker, directing their agents in governments, corporations and banks around the world - a mash up of the Illuminati and SPECTRE.

I can accept that a few powerful people have ambitions to push digital money and change the diet of Western Europe and North America (though not sure why), but not that the aim of this vast conspiracy is to kill by plague or poison 90% of the world population and leave the remaining black eyed 10% as brain dead slaves directed by a Bill Gates chip in their bloodstreams (introduced via Covid jabs).

The plot line would get a great score on Rotten Tomatoes - a cult film to match Plan 9 From Outer Space. But as a commentary on world events and the forces and ideas that drive them it is loopy.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I can accept that a few powerful people have ambitions to push digital money and change the diet of Western Europe and North America though not sure why.
    Control.

I'm so glad the internet is forever
    This thread is just incredible
    we have posters so far into the mother wefers and globalists
    that they are trying to normalise the eating of bugs
    sheeesh
    just fkin incredible

RED OCTOBER.

SCOTUS - Moore v. Harper
    Special Council - Durham v. Danchenko
    FBI's Seth Rich Production Deadline
    Musk vs. Twitter

GOD Wins
    ATB Clandestine

But most of us reject the paranoid fantasist explanations that dominate threads on it.

No one denies there is a small element of planning and conspiracy in the way world events are unfolding, but my take is that the majority see naked self interest by the rich and privileged , unintended consequences, miscalculation, arrogance and stupidity (Truss and Kwartang) and plain, simple cock ups as the main reasons why things happen.

Not the Committee of 300 with their masonic symbols, led by Elizabeth Windsor, hidden in their Dallas bunker, directing their agents in governments, corporations and banks around the world - a mash up of the Illuminati and SPECTRE.

I can accept that a few powerful people have ambitions to push digital money and change the diet of Western Europe and North America (though not sure why), but not that the aim of this vast conspiracy is to kill by plague or poison 90% of the world population and leave the remaining black eyed 10% as brain dead slaves directed by a Bill Gates chip in their bloodstreams (introduced via Covid jabs).

The plot line would get a great score on Rotten Tomatoes - a cult film to match Plan 9 From Outer Space. But as a commentary on world events and the forces and ideas that drive them it is loopy.
    The voice of sanity.

I don't like the way the world is heading myself - so no, that's not what I meant.
    Jon1959 has expressed my own sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    sheeesh
    just fkin incredible
    It's like a real-time Milgram experiment on here these days, some people would chop off their own balls with a blunt knife if they were told it would help save the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    sheeesh
    just fkin incredible

RED OCTOBER.

SCOTUS - Moore v. Harper
    Special Council - Durham v. Danchenko
    FBI's Seth Rich Production Deadline
    Musk vs. Twitter

GOD Wins
    ATB Clandestine
    The **** nonsense is this. Is your house built on top of a Carbon Monoxide leak?

Bonus points for the mention of the incomparable Plan 9 From Outer Space as well.