+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugs on the Menu

Bugs on the Menu

Re: Bugs on the Menu

Bugs have been part of Asian street food and markets for centuries - if not longer. Good source of protein. I have eaten them myself - although I recommend a cold beer at the same time if possible.

Probably better for you than a Big Mac with fries.

I saw something earlier in the week about France introducing some insects into menus in the south of the country. Will probably make a nice change from every sort of offal.

so if you have eaten bugs out in Asia have you eaten bats ?

supposed to be big on the menu out there

How come all these Organ Maudling topics are being regurgitated by a latecomer to the party?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How come all these Organ Maudling topics are being regurgitated by a latecomer to the party?
    i,m a late comer to the party am i ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i,m a late comer to the party am i ?
    Regarding the subject matter, yes. Organ Maudling has carpet bombed us with Covid conspiracy and the bug diet stuff already - and very recently.

Regarding the subject matter, yes. Organ Maudling has carpet bombed us with Covid conspiracy and the bug diet stuff already - and very recently.
    well i think people have free expression on here whether you agree or not and the point of the OP was valid old fruit

think eating bugs is high on the agenda going forward with what the WEF is proposing over the coming years

well i think people have free expression on here whether you agree or not and the point of the OP was valid old fruit

think eating bugs is high on the agenda going forward with what the WEF is proposing over the coming years
    Yeah, we know. We've been reading Organ's threads.

It seems you Schwabians, aka Teletubbies, aka mugs 'r' us, believe you will be immune from Klaus' plans. Either that or you're in denial about the worldwide shite show which becomes worse every day. I'd be grateful if you could let me know how to escape the indigence hyperinflation will bring.

An engineered extremely Dark Winter cometh to the UK, and I don't mean the English Channel will be filled with Eritreans fleeing the horrors of the persecution they suffer in Calais.

Re conspiracies, in a message earlier I once again made the charge that politicians/corporate media/health agencies conspired to deliberately conceal from the British public that mRNA was experimental vaccine technology and that their makers enjoyed indemnity. You nor anyone else have ever challenged that assertion. I think I know why; you realise it is true.

But your Stockholm Syndrome-esque faith in those who deceived you is unshakeable.

Yep, meat & poultry will only be available for the upper classes, and those who are exempt from requiring vaccine passports. Everybody else will be owning nothing and eeting zee bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, meat & poultry will only be available for the upper classes, and those who are exempt from requiring vaccine passports. Everybody else will be owning nothing and eeting zee bugs.
    The own nothing aspect is possible because of the perfectly legal confiscation provisions of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/contents

Under its emergency powers (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/part/2) can be found:-

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
    (c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
    (d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (f)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, assemblies of specified kinds, at specified places or at specified times;
    (g)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, travel at specified times;
    (h)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, other specified activities;
    (i)create an offence of—
    (i)failing to comply with a provision of the regulations;
    (ii)failing to comply with a direction or order given or made under the regulations;
    (iii)obstructing a person in the performance of a function under or by virtue of the regulations;

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The own nothing aspect is possible because of the perfectly legal confiscation provisions of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/contents

Under its emergency powers (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/part/2) can be found:-

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
    (c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
    (d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (f)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, assemblies of specified kinds, at specified places or at specified times;
    (g)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, travel at specified times;
    (h)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, other specified activities;
    (i)create an offence of—
    (i)failing to comply with a provision of the regulations;
    (ii)failing to comply with a direction or order given or made under the regulations;
    (iii)obstructing a person in the performance of a function under or by virtue of the regulations;
    This is like Groundhog Day....

Nil out of 10 for originality.

Yes, it would be if that happened!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bills lab grown meat will be on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Bills lab grown meat will be on the menu.
    We need you here to tackle the goggle box viewers.

You're not much help on Mumsnet discussing knitting patterns.

Blog Entries

We need you here to tackle the goggle box viewers.

You're not much help on Mumsnet discussing knitting patterns.

I'm sure TBG would love to hear some more about the great reset

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

I'm sure TBG would love to hear some more about the great reset
    I think some of our loopier posters neet a reset. It's just endless repetition by the conspiracist cabal.

Although I could never become a full on Vegan, I now prefer the "plant" version of many foods to the genuine article. I draw the line at bacon though, I tried meat free bacon and it was awful - it fell apart in as I try to peel off each slice and it just ended up as a tasteless mess. However, when it comes to, say, sausages and burgers, I'll go for the meat free versions every time because I genuinely believe that if you cooked one for somebody without telling them what they were actually eating, they'd think nothing of it - nearly all of the mince I cook these days is meat free as well.

As for eating insects, I can remember stories from about fifteen years ago it must be now about how they would be a regular part of the human diet in the future and that the response from people that tried some of the food made from insects of that time was fairly positive. My point in mentioning the food made from plants above is that, as someone who has only been eating vegan/vegetarian food for about five years, the quality and range of products available has increased beyond all recognition during that time. Therefore, if it came to a situation where we all had to eat "bugs", I'm sure they'd soon be provided in a form that made their consumption nowhere near as unpleasant as the gloomsters on here try to make out.,

so if you have eaten bugs out in Asia have you eaten bats ?

supposed to be big on the menu out there
    No - never. I think it was cicadas I ate (deep fried at the roadside and very crispy).

I don’t remember seeing bats on any food stall (although they eat anything in south China). TBG may be the one to ask as most travelled poster on here.

I'm really not convinced Taunton Blue Meanie's as peripatetic as he claims.

Actually, I'd be less than surprised to learn he's never travelled farther than the Isle of Wight, and his globetrotting Ryanair adventures are fictitious.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No - never. I think it was cicadas I ate (deep fried at the roadside and very crispy).

I don’t remember seeing bats on any food stall (although they eat anything in south China). TBG may be the one to ask as most travelled poster on here.
    yeah I've never seen bats for sale over there so I guess it's pretty unusual, I've been to Wuhan a few times too.

I've seen people eating them on Chinese social media but I took that to be performative mostly, as there were also plenty of other horrible things being eaten, including live baby rats.
    that said the great famine there will still be in many people's living memory and it was so bad that people literally had to eat whatever they could find in many places, so this does still cast a long shadow.

interestingly in bats they have an incredible ability to repair their DNA throughout their body, they are practically immune to cancers or genotoxic substances, and it means they have a incredibly long lifespan for a mammal of that size around 40 years in some species compared to small rodents who live 2-4 years.
    I wonder if this incredible resilience and longevity means that the viruses that live in bat populations have had to evolve to be so much more aggressive and pervasive, which is why they cause so many problems when they cross over to other (weaker) species.

interesting that bats might hold the key to humans being able to live hundreds of years, or they might be brewing the next plague that will decimate us.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It is said that the Chinese eat anything that has legs. Apart from tables, that is.

For my part, I was given the guest of honour treatment in being served the duck's feet when eating out in China with some contacts I have over there. It's not an honour I particularly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I've never seen bats for sale over there so I guess it's pretty unusual, I've been to Wuhan a few times too.

I've seen people eating them on Chinese social media but I took that to be performative mostly, as there were also plenty of other horrible things being eaten, including live baby rats.
    that said the great famine there will still be in many people's living memory and it was so bad that people literally had to eat whatever they could find in many places, so this does still cast a long shadow.

interestingly in bats they have an incredible ability to repair their DNA throughout their body, they are practically immune to cancers or genotoxic substances, and it means they have a incredibly long lifespan for a mammal of that size around 40 years in some species compared to small rodents who live 2-4 years.
    I wonder if this incredible resilience and longevity means that the viruses that live in bat populations have had to evolve to be so much more aggressive and pervasive, which is why they cause so many problems when they cross over to other (weaker) species.

interesting that bats might hold the key to humans being able to live hundreds of years, or they might be brewing the next plague that will decimate us.
    Interesting post, old fruit.

I'm really not convinced Taunton Blue Meanie's as peripatetic as he claims.

Actually, I'd be less than surprised to learn he's never travelled farther than the Isle of Wight, and his globetrotting Ryanair adventures are fictitious.
    I've never been to the Isle of Wight, old fruit.