Although I could never become a full on Vegan, I now prefer the "plant" version of many foods to the genuine article. I draw the line at bacon though, I tried meat free bacon and it was awful - it fell apart in as I try to peel off each slice and it just ended up as a tasteless mess. However, when it comes to, say, sausages and burgers, I'll go for the meat free versions every time because I genuinely believe that if you cooked one for somebody without telling them what they were actually eating, they'd think nothing of it - nearly all of the mince I cook these days is meat free as well.

As for eating insects, I can remember stories from about fifteen years ago it must be now about how they would be a regular part of the human diet in the future and that the response from people that tried some of the food made from insects of that time was fairly positive. My point in mentioning the food made from plants above is that, as someone who has only been eating vegan/vegetarian food for about five years, the quality and range of products available has increased beyond all recognition during that time. Therefore, if it came to a situation where we all had to eat "bugs", I'm sure they'd soon be provided in a form that made their consumption nowhere near as unpleasant as the gloomsters on here try to make out.,