+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ojo was poor on Saturday?

Ojo was poor on Saturday?

IMO he didn’t do much.
    I’d like to see Gavin Whyte given a start and a real chance over 90 minutes to make a contribution.
    If he can’t then not much point keeping him.

Re: Ojo was poor on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    IMO he didn’t do much.
    I’d like to see Gavin Whyte given a start and a real chance over 90 minutes to make a contribution.
    Whyte had a good chance to cause Burnley problems late on, but took a terrible touch and presented them with the ball and a counter attacking chance. He did something similar against Norwich when he came on and although he looks a slightly better player than he did when getting plenty of first team chances under Warnock in 19/20, I'm still not convinced he's Championship quality. Agree about Ojo, all he's done so far is remind me what a frustrating player he was when he was on loan to us with the only difference being that at least he was scoring and creating a few goals back then.

Didn't watch much of it Saturday due to the stream I was watching not being as good as usual...
    There's probably not a lot between the two for me, both are frustrating but Whyte looks like he's got slightly more of a cutting edge about him and is likelier to make something happen.
    I would have to say that neither really looks good enough, but if we have to play one or the other at the moment, then Whyte would just about edge it for me.

If Whyte comes in for Ojo, Bagan has to come in at LB, it must be so frustrating as a sub watching a player have such a poor performance and seeing him still get the shirt ahead of you

I thought Ojo was the same as most of the side. Bang average.

He does look a player who could make something happen.

I thought Whyte and Watters were both poor on Saturday with neither staking a claim for a place.

I’ve never been a fan of Ojo, thought he was a bit of a poor signing really.

I only seen the last 40 minutes of the game Saturday but didn’t think he was our biggest problem, he was comfortably beating players but like the rest of the team lacked that final pass. I think the next step is adding goals to his game and then hopefully with confidence add assists. It’s adding a lot, he has potential but I’m sure not sure he will get there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought Ojo was the same as most of the side. Bang average.

He does look a player who could make something happen.

I thought Whyte and Watters were both poor on Saturday with neither staking a claim for a place.
    Watters got a key pass in for our goal. He should have done better when he was through on goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve never been a fan of Ojo, thought he was a bit of a poor signing really.

I only seen the last 40 minutes of the game Saturday but didn’t think he was our biggest problem, he was comfortably beating players but like the rest of the team lacked that final pass. I think the next step is adding goals to his game and then hopefully with confidence add assists. It’s adding a lot, he has potential but I’m sure not sure he will get there tbh.
    Frustrating to watch because of his style but the only player we have who can break the lines, also deceptive pace. One point he beat a few players than knocked the ball into space, i was shocked when he then got on the end of it.

I disagree
    Romeo and Ojo’s link up play caused all sorts of problems for Burnley
    As for Whyte and Watters I thought it was brave of Hudson to bring them both on as early as he did - Morison would make changes to late in the game
    It’s not fair on a player to come on with six minutes or so to go and expect them to get up to the pace if the game
    Hudson is a Cardiff legend and it’s only fair to give him time
    The best thing for me last Saturday was we didn’t change the way we’ve been playing this season and the Burnley fans comments on their messageboard confirm what a decent team we are
    Looking forward to tonight ⚽️👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I disagree
    Romeo and Ojo’s link up play caused all sorts of problems for Burnley
    As for Whyte and Watters I thought it was brave of Hudson to bring them both on as early as he did - Morison would make changes to late in the game
    It’s not fair on a player to come on with six minutes or so to go and expect them to get up to the pace if the game
    Hudson is a Cardiff legend and it’s only fair to give him time
    The best thing for me last Saturday was we didn’t change the way we’ve been playing this season and the Burnley fans comments on their messageboard confirm what a decent team we are
    Looking forward to tonight ⚽️��
    You were watching a different game to me ! Tell me one thing Ojo actually did, during his time on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    IMO he didn’t do much.
    We seem to have a couple of players who go on a run, and end up achieving nothing he's one of them. I also get the impression he rates himself more than he really is..

Erm
    Already said
    Link up play with Romeo
    First half the two of them terrorised think Maatens their 29
    Had a good game
    Subbed at the right time
    If there was a player to have a go at I’d pick Ralls
    Stray passes and didn’t look up to it 🤔

Erm
    Already said
    Link up play with Romeo
    First half the two of them terrorised think Maatens their 29
    Had a good game
    Subbed at the right time
    If there was a player to have a go at I’d pick Ralls
    Stray passes and didn’t look up to it ��
    Again, “what link up play” ?

The guy offers nothing

Lol opinions 😂😂😂
    Let’s see tonight what he brings to the team 👍

Lol opinions ������
    Let’s see tonight what he brings to the team ��
    Water bottles I hope

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We seem to have a couple of players who go on a run, and end up achieving nothing he's one of them. I also get the impression he rates himself more than he really is..
    Based on what?

For me, he's a good footballer that has a problem with decision making. At least we have a player that likes the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    For me, he's a good footballer that has a problem with decision making. At least we have a player that likes the ball.
    He just can’t do anything with it

First time around, I was initially convinced he was one of our worst ever signings.
    I can't remember the game...but it was one of the worst performances I have seen from a City player.

Then he started to improve quite a bit.
    This time he's just been awful, I can't think of a player that gives the ball away as much.

He's very frustrating to watch.

Not keen on him myself, more often than not runs into an impasse. Very frustrating to watch.

How have times do people need to see Whyte before realising be is not good enough for us. In the few minutes he had he did nothing apart from give the ball away in promising positions.

Sod’s law that all the Ojo haters will see him play a blinder tonight with a couple of assists and a screamer in the 65th minute 🫣🫣🫣
    Just finished my third whiskey chaser 😂

Sod’s law that all the Ojo haters will see him play a blinder tonight with a couple of assists and a screamer in the 65th minute ������
    Just finished my third whiskey chaser ��
    It’s not hatred, he just can’t play football

Our only player that looked like creating anything.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Our only player that looked like creating anything.
    With his Lego set .

Are you for real !!!!!