+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Well, Well

Re: Well, Well, Well

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You make some fair points but at no point did I think Burnley were going to give us a pasting
    Ivor the jack

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you think that we looked more aggressive, more intensity, more of a willingness to get to the ball before Blackburn did and more desire to win the 2nd balls? I think that we did,Bob.

I get your reservations, there was still little happening around the penalty box and the way we gave away the penalty was poor, but to me, it looked sharper. Still work to do though.
    Yes a bit Dennis. I get that, but not to the extent that lots of other people were going on about how great were were. The limitations that you point out were there for everyone to see.

Maybe that is all that we can expect from Hudson having had limited time with the players. Just tweaking what Morison started.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Whats to day these performances wouldn’t have come under Morison? The groups gelling. Hudson has certainly benefited from the changes Morison made and the players he brought in.

Hes not the messiah, hes a very naughty boy.

Whats to day these performances wouldn’t have come under Morison? The groups gelling. Hudson has certainly benefited from the changes Morison made and the players he brought in.
    Zero points on games where we conceded first under Morison says we don't get an equalizer v Burnley.

Only 1 girl scored (which didn't actually matter as it was a consolation v Luton) after the 50th minute under Morison also says a late winner v Blackburn is highly unlikely.

Whether Hudson has improved things much I guess we need a few away games to truly judge as it was the away performances that were pitiful under the old manager

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

As in what you have suggested or something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Zero points on games where we conceded first under Morison says we don't get an equalizer v Burnley.

Only 1 girl scored (which didn't actually matter as it was a consolation v Luton) after the 50th minute under Morison also says a late winner v Blackburn is highly unlikely.

Whether Hudson has improved things much I guess we need a few away games to truly judge as it was the away performances that were pitiful under the old manager
    in our games last season under Morison we had a very good record of making comebacks and scoring late.

I think it's fair to say that the last 2 performances have been good, but it could easily have happened under Morison and we will never know how it would have played out.

I would be interested to know what type of players Hudson will look to bring in if he gets the chance, and how he wants us to start playing when he can really make it his team.
    any improvement (if there is any) over such a short timeframe is unlikely to be something that can be maintained over a longer period - new manager bounces don't last unless there is something more fundamental behind it

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    As in what you have suggested or something else ?
    As in im just taking the piss out of people who have elevated him to some god like status.

Theres a few championship jobs going, or about to be going, he shouldnt have any problem getting himself fixed up with a new club soon if hes as good a manager as some like to make out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in our games last season under Morison we had a very good record of making comebacks and scoring late.

I think it's fair to say that the last 2 performances have been good, but it could easily have happened under Morison and we will never know how it would have played out.

I would be interested to know what type of players Hudson will look to bring in if he gets the chance, and how he wants us to start playing when he can really make it his team.
    any improvement (if there is any) over such a short timeframe is unlikely to be something that can be maintained over a longer period - new manager bounces don't last unless there is something more fundamental behind it
    You really have turned into Steve Morisons very own Comical Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Come on Ivor, credit where it's due surely?
    I won't sit here and claim we were spectacular, we weren't. There's absolutely room for improvement.
    However, having said that, the last two games have been a marked improvement on anything Morison offered up in his ten attempts.
    We attacked the goal and box more, made more runs, looked far more likely to make something happen.

Morison's gone, let's get on with it and give Hudson a chance.

I've watched almost every game this season, albeit admittedly via streams, but these last two are a definite step up.
    I can't help but feel that had we played the way we did in the previous ten, we'd have probably lost both.
    I don't really agree. The first half vs Boro was better than either of the two halves on Tuesday. It took a wonder strike from Harris to win the game, otherwise i couldn't really recall another good chance. If Morison was still manager, and you took out that strike, people would be saying it was another lacklustre performance in the final third.

I'm fully behind Hudson, I just feel he's continuing Morisons work. I'll admit Hudson definitely comes across better.

There's a mess, all right, but no Messiah. Now, go away!

There's a mess, all right, but no Messiah. Now, go away!

I’m rubbish at analysing games but I felt we sat deeper didn’t press much in defence

I don’t think it was far away from how SM set up?

I don't really agree. The first half vs Boro was better than either of the two halves on Tuesday. It took a wonder strike from Harris to win the game, otherwise i couldn't really recall another good chance. If Morison was still manager, and you took out that strike, people would be saying it was another lacklustre performance in the final third.

I'm fully behind Hudson, I just feel he's continuing Morisons work. I'll admit Hudson definitely comes across better.
    My thoughts line up with yours.

Pep wears Steve Morison pyjamas.

International

The players looked like they were trying harder, the press was miles better, and the squad looked much more together at the end of the game, I think there is a strong desire to give 100% for Hudson, that wasn't always there for Morrison. I think not trying to play it out from the back every single time, even when players were under pressure will result in less mistakes and more points. The high press with everyone working will result in more mistakes from rivals and also more points. Simple changes but they will make a big difference over a season, no one expected four oints from those two games, most expected nil.

He hasn't really had long to change too much either with time we could see further tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The players looked like they were trying harder, the press was miles better, and the squad looked much more together at the end of the game, I think there is a strong desire to give 100% for Hudson, that wasn't always there for Morrison. I think not trying to play it out from the back every single time, even when players were under pressure will result in less mistakes and more points. The high press with everyone working will result in more mistakes from rivals and also more points. Simple changes but they will make a big difference over a season, no one expected four oints from those two games, most expected nil.
    that often happens with a change in manager, as players are fighting to geep their place under the new guy.
    it doesn't last though so we need to see what substance Hudson can bring beyond the initial bounce

You really have turned into Steve Morisons very own Comical Ali.
    I don't think I've said anything too outlandish there at all, the performances are broadly similar to many games this season, on the better end of the spectrum of performances, but we've had good performances already this season, if we can get more consistency and a more regular goal threat then that will be a step forward.

you wouldn't really expect much to be fundamentally different though yet, same players, same coaches of course it is going to be similar.

We weren't supposed to mention last season as that wasn't "this group of players" but looking back 3 goals in the last 6 games with the only win against already relegated Derby hardly boosts the miserable return of points from the opening ten games of this season

We weren't supposed to mention last season as that wasn't "this group of players" but looking back 3 goals in the last 6 games with the only win against already relegated Derby hardly boosts the miserable return of points from the opening ten games of this season
    C'mon matey, by then we were safe and many of the players seemed to know they were being shown the door so downed tools anyway.

Cmon Fugsy, you know the drill by now. You can only mention last season if you’re praising Morison.

The workers looked happier and more content under a boss who gives the impression that he’s nowhere near as tetchy or moody as the previous gaffer came across as. Much the same as any industry I s’pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you think that we looked more aggressive, more intensity, more of a willingness to get to the ball before Blackburn did and more desire to win the 2nd balls? I think that we did,Bob.

I get your reservations, there was still little happening around the penalty box and the way we gave away the penalty was poor, but to me, it looked sharper. Still work to do though.
    There's more intent there under Hudson. We are going at teams. Hudson has said it on the VFTN podcast, he says you have to have a go at home. We are clearly doing that. There are definitely concerns, and I think a lot of that is personnel (we don't have a midfield capable of scoring bar Colwill, which is not ideal after he signed a new squad!).

that often happens with a change in manager, as players are fighting to geep their place under the new guy.
    it doesn't last though so we need to see what substance Hudson can bring beyond the initial bounce
    I'm not sure how true that is when the new guy has been there longer than most of the players have been!

As in im just taking the piss out of people who have elevated him to some god like status.

Theres a few championship jobs going, or about to be going, he shouldnt have any problem getting himself fixed up with a new club soon if hes as good a manager as some like to make out.
    When I first read your initial post ,(the rumour one) I thought you were just spinning one , however , following Tuesday’s game and what I was told , I’ll offer you an apology.

Let’s see how this plays out.

International

True, but I also mentioned the change of tactics, high press putting opposition under presssure, and not playing the ball out from the back every single time, resulting is less pressure for us, and conceding less goals, and us getting the ball in their box quicker from the quick long kicks with the opposition having less players in there to block and defend.

I think these simple changes have already made a significant change to the overall performance and is more enjoyable to watch.