+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benn v Eubank

Benn v Eubank

Benn fails a drug test for abnormal levels of a fertility drug so Saturdays fight is off 🙄

Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr fight 'prohibited' by British Boxing Board of Control - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63146437

Re: Benn v Eubank

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Benn fails a drug test for abnormal levels of a fertility drug so Saturdays fight is off 🙄

Conor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr fight 'prohibited' by British Boxing Board of Control - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63146437
    It's not off, it's going ahead. He's officially broken no rules and no ban is being enforced.

He's been juicing. Fertility drugs get your levels straight after a cycle of test-roids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's been juicing. Fertility drugs get your levels straight after a cycle of test-roids etc.
    No doubt, but UKAD have cleared it. The BBBoC have to be seen to be making these statements but I'd be shocked if they do actually stop the fight.
    Money talks and the UKAD clearance is probably just that, money talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It's not off, it's going ahead. He's officially broken no rules and no ban is being enforced.
    If it's 'prohibited ' then I guess it means the BBBC wont sanction it so it can't go ahead?
    I'm not boxings biggest fan so don't completely understand the rules sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If it's 'prohibited ' then I guess it means the BBBC wont sanction it so it can't go ahead?
    I'm not boxings biggest fan so don't completely understand the rules sorry.
    They absolutely have the power to stop it, and if his B sample is a fail then they probably will do. However, the UKAD clearance along with a clear B sample would probably see it go ahead, especially when you factor in £20+mil revenue and a small percentage of that no doubt crossing the correct palms...

It could be stopped without doubt, but I suspect it unlikely, especially given the money involved.

If this fight goes ahead now its a disgrace.

Hope Eubank sues for loss of earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If this fight goes ahead now its a disgrace.

Hope Eubank sues for loss of earnings.
    Agreed.

It seems Eddie is trying to get an injunction for this to go ahead. If true he has no shame.

Boxers failing these tests should be banned for life.

Off now

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Off now
    Any links. All Ive found is Eddie still trying to get this on.

It'll probably drag on a bit.
    I agree that it should be stopped, but there's £20+mil involved here so I suspect otherwise. It may be that they allow it to go ahead and then give Benn a ban after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It'll probably drag on a bit.
    I agree that it should be stopped, but there's £20+mil involved here so I suspect otherwise. It may be that they allow it to go ahead and then give Benn a ban after.
    I disagree. I think they will have no option to call it off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63146437

Sorry, just seen that Hearn is still not counting it off so who knows

I disagree. I think they will have no option to call it off.
    There's a good argument not to though Hilts.
    VADA are not the testing body used by the BBBoC, UKAD are, and he's been cleared on UKAD tests. Eddie now saying it's with the lawyers, who will obviously argue the same.

'BBBofC prohibits Benn-Eubank Jr after failed drug test | 'It's with lawyers''

http://www.skysports.com/share/12712799

Scroll down to what a find.

Old interview with eddie.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMaac/statu...5Es1_&ref_url=

Scroll down to what a find.

Old interview with eddie.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMaac/statu...5Es1_&ref_url=
    Oh wow

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Oh wow

Let's be fair, it is Eddie Hearn, whatever he says will be to suit his argument!
    Loving the contradictions though, the man knows when to protect that fat cash pot.

as long as one of them get a goal against wigan on saturday i'll be happy. Did Hudson get these two in already? that was quick

Might try and get another boxing board to sanction it. Luxemburg sanctioned Chirosa vs Haye a few years back despite neither of them being registered boxers at the time.

Just when you though boxing couldn't turn any more into a farce. Between this and the heavyweight debarcle of who is fighting who it is no wonder fans are turning away.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Might try and get another boxing board to sanction it. Luxemburg sanctioned Chirosa vs Haye a few years back despite neither of them being registered boxers at the time.

Just when you though boxing couldn't turn any more into a farce. Between this and the heavyweight debarcle of who is fighting who it is no wonder fans are turning away.
    It really is frustrating.
    I've followed it for something like 35 years, and back then it was just so much more simple. The best fought the best and that was it. Fights just seemed so much easier to make.
    Unfortunately that didn't last long, people like Don King and Frank Warren started to ruin it over time and it's never been the same since. The money-men control it now and have, indeed, turned it all into a bit of a farce.
    The higher up the divisions you go, the worse it gets as you've rightly pointed out. It doesn't help having so many different bodies and belts mind either.

I said on here months ago that this fight was a pantomime which didn’t interest me, it’s been a joke from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I said on here months ago that this fight was a pantomime which didn’t interest me, it’s been a joke from the get go.
    Oh no it isn't!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post

Most people wont care about a failed drugs test that means nothing to them .
    Boxing fans mmmmm I think there is more interest in how many press the pay per view button ..similar to football of course.