+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benn v Eubank

Re: Benn v Eubank

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Most people wont care about a failed drugs test that means nothing to them .
    Boxing fans mmmmm I think there is more interest in how many press the pay per view button ..similar to football of course.
    Maybe Joe public won't mind, but Carl Frampton had no sympathy for Benn failing a drugs test, he said it's drilled into you at an early age, if it goes ahead it makes a bit of a mockery for British professional Boxing.

The promoters are leaches with no shame.

A pumped up muscle packed fighter (the Matchroom fighter) v a dehydrated weight drained fighter.

Its a disgrace and should be called off now.

If it goes ahead I hope Eubank annihilates him.

Eddies pockets will still be full though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If it goes ahead I hope Eubank annihilates him.
    He probably will to be fair, which is why he's happy for it to go ahead.
    He can gloat about beating a version of Benn on PED's if he wins too.

Make no mistake though, Eubank won't be taking this lightly.

As much of a mis-match as this might be, both will be fired up something silly and there's going to be fireworks. Benn's full of hate towards Eubank for his dad's loss, and Eubank hates what Benn Sr put his old man through.

Both lads are quite literally continuing this feud.

if the fight goes ahead, hasn't boxing gone down the cycling route ( pre the clean up ) ? ??

At a bare minimum the dehydration clause should be removed and the fighting weight be set at the correct middleweight limit.

This test was done in late August early September apparently. Its a complete joke.

Its one thing a cyclist being a drug cheat. A boxer pumping up getting stronger fitter more aggressive and punching you in the head is another.

Frampton is right there should be lifetime bans.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if the fight goes ahead, hasn't boxing gone down the cycling route ( pre the clean up ) ? ??
    Boxing clearly has an issue.

Money and greed prevents a clear up.

Boxing clearly has an issue.

Money and greed prevents a clear up.
    It's been corrupt since the 80's, it's hard to change that when so much money is involved.
    Football's no different.
    A world cup in Qatar is happening for that very reason. Nobody wanted it held there except the wealthy money men in Qatar and FIFA. We can all see why it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I said on here months ago that this fight was a pantomime which didn’t interest me, it’s been a joke from the get go.
    Still remember their dads fights….what a time that was…brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It's been corrupt since the 80's, it's hard to change that when so much money is involved.
    Football's no different.
    A world cup in Qatar is happening for that very reason. Nobody wanted it held there except the wealthy money men in Qatar and FIFA. We can all see why it's happening.
    It’s not for the fans, that’s for sure…..

Lose lose for Benn even if it does go ahead. If Eubank beats him he beat him even though he was cheating, if Benn wins then it's because he'd taken PED's. Fight's f**ked, call it off

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Oh no it isn't!
    Underrated comment this

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Lose lose for Benn even if it does go ahead. If Eubank beats him he beat him even though he was cheating, if Benn wins then it's because he'd taken PED's. Fight's f**ked, call it off
    Was just about to post the same. Still want to see it happen, but its tarnished.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Still remember their dads fights….what a time that was…brutal
    For me that's not a good enough reason for these two to meet in the ring.

Im surprised by the amount of medical experts out there. We keep getting told the NHS is short of medical professionals and yet social media is full of them all of a sudden. Who would have thought there would be so many experts on female fertility drugs?

At a bare minimum the dehydration clause should be removed and the fighting weight be set at the correct middleweight limit.

This test was done in late August early September apparently. Its a complete joke.

Its one thing a cyclist being a drug cheat. A boxer pumping up getting stronger fitter more aggressive and punching you in the head is another.

Frampton is right there should be lifetime bans.
    Eubanks is willing to fight, hes the one whos going to be punched in the head, surely he should have the final say?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Eubanks is willing to fight, hes the one whos going to be punched in the head, surely he should have the final say?
    Dont agree with that at all.

Plenty of boxers need protecting from themselves. Many through their own choices go on too long.

Thats their choice as was Eubank agreeing to the weight and rehydration clause.

However Benn has failed a drug test.

The BBBOC are right not to want this fight sanctioned and Eddie going around saying they cant ban him because it was the VADA test and hes passed the UK and all other ones is pathetic. (especially when you see the old video of him praising Vada).

Boxing needs to clean up its act.

Another thing thats mental we had really sombre promoters saying it was absolutely right to call of the Shiels/Marshall fight when the 97 year old Queen passes away but now the lawyers are involved to allow a fight involving a fighter with a failed drug test.

Boxings always been a bit mad.

Hearn a hypocrite. Under pressure from DAZN??

Sorry for the sun link.😂

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproj...hearn-fight%2F

Hearn a hypocrite. Under pressure from DAZN??

Sorry for the sun link.😂

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproj...hearn-fight%2F
    There's apparently an issue with the 2nd part of the test now as well. If he fails that, I can't see it being sanctioned unless it is done via Luxembourg or what have you. Even then it has to be a major doubt though.

Frustrating if it gets called off. I know some don't care for this fight, but I think it's got humdinger written all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    can't see Eubank senior agreeing to it

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    can't see Eubank senior agreeing to it
    He didn't agree to it anyway. Absolutely nothing he can do about it.

Fighting for the IVF title.
    (Stolen from Facebook)

Officially off.

Shame.
    No juicing allowed, them's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    There's apparently an issue with the 2nd part of the test now as well. If he fails that, I can't see it being sanctioned unless it is done via Luxembourg or what have you. Even then it has to be a major doubt though.

Frustrating if it gets called off. I know some don't care for this fight, but I think it's got humdinger written all over it!
    The only thing humdinger will be the money that the promoters pocket.