+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

I see Truss has identified a new adversary in the Tories never ending culture wars against the “woke”. Do you qualify?

Re: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

If thinking, if you give money to a poor person and money to a rich person, that the poor person is more likely to put it straight back into society, means that I'm a member then yes I am.

I believe in a fair society that protects the vulnerable, encourages business, prioritises education and the nhs, where freedom of speech and freedom of movement are allowed.

I am a card carrying member of the anti growth coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I believe in a fair society that protects the vulnerable, encourages business, prioritises education and the nhs, where freedom of speech and freedom of movement are allowed.

I am a card carrying member of the anti growth coalition.
    Do you know how hard it is to get into another country? I'd love a bit of freedom of movement if I could just turn up in an any other country and tell them I've come to live there, and ask where is my accommodation and living expenses. Unfortunately, I would probably end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get into another country.
    To give this context are you looking to escape Tory Britain or just lamenting on the freedoms brexit took from you?

To give this context are you looking to escape Tory Britain or just lamenting on the freedoms brexit took from you?
    Leaving Britain to live in the EU would be more of the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get into another country? I'd love a bit of freedom of movement if I could just turn up in an any other country and tell them I've come to live there, and ask where is my accommodation and living expenses. Unfortunately, I would probably end up in jail.
    Clearly you know freedom of movement is the entire purpose of Schengen, and it seems to work perfectly well in all 26 countries (some of which have better welfare systems than the UK).

I'm for growing the private sector not the public sector , as one makes money and the other is propped up by that revenue ...... what is need is better public sector efficiencies , productivity and modernisation ....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm for growing the private sector not the public sector , as one makes money and the other is propped up by that revenue ...... what is need is better public sector efficiencies , productivity and modernisation ....
    The public sector can and does make money - for the public.

This false argument used to be a Feedy favourite back in the day. I remember a tortuously long thread that for a while looked at Council public works departments and the effect of privatisation (outsourcing). The same job was being done by the same people and paid from the same source - local tax, council tenant rents and an element of national government subsidy. Magically it changed from being a drain on public funds one day, to an exciting example of enterprise and profit the next (for executives and shareholders at least).

Nothing changed except a % of the funding was syphoned off and was not available to repair homes or roads.

It was presented as a case of public = bad; private = good. Maybe now that LOM has re-invented himself as the board's top economist (courtesy of mainly unacknowledged lifts from the Telegraph, FT or Economist) he could explain why this is so?

I'm in, where do I sign up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I'm in, where do I sign up?!
    You just need to be outwardly critical
    Of any member of government and your tufty badge will come in the post
    *while stocks last

You just need to be outwardly critical
    Of any member of government and your tufty badge will come in the post
    *while stocks last
    Excellent. I'll put it with my original one.

Well I wonder how this thread will go? Certainly not in the same direction as the numerous others with the same half dozen or so people saying the same thing?!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Well I wonder how this thread will go? Certainly not in the same direction as the numerous others with the same half dozen or so people saying the same thing?!
    I should imagine so, with you defending the indefensible.
    I do feel your pain though, as you seem fairly moderate and reasonable in most arguments, it's just the cards they deal you are tough at the moment!

I should imagine so, with you defending the indefensible.
    I do feel your pain though, as you seem fairly moderate and reasonable in most arguments, it's just the cards they deal you are tough at the moment!
    I'll leave you guys to it then. Enjoy the circle jerk!

I'll leave you guys to it then. Enjoy the circle jerk!
    Appreciate you don't share the same views as what's become the majority. That's bound to become frustrating.
    It's this government though that's sending people like me who would be fairly centrist in their views further left.

Appreciate you don't share the same views as what's become the majority. That's bound to become frustrating.
    It's this government though that's sending people like me who would be fairly centrist in their views further left.
    I literally said in the last week that if there was an election tomorrow I would vote Labour.

It's the endless insults, bigotry and lack of recognition of difficult decisions, reality of imperfect options, reality of situation in different countries etc that's annoying. It's endless 'it's the govt's fault' stuff.

Anyway, this thread will just descend into that, so like I said..enjoy!

So, you don't think the anti growth coalition is a phrase dreamed up by her speech writers in an attempt to rally her party against some, apparent, enemy again? Just because people who are opposed to the Government can recognise it for what it is doesn't mean it's something more noble that we're ignoring.

More nonsense from Truss.

No-one is against growth, in fact, pretty much everyone understands you need economic growth, improvements to productivity and a better spread of wealth and resources between all of us. not everyone understands is that having 10 people own all the worlds resources isn't benefitting the other 7,999,999,990 of us.

Child: mum, what's trickle down economics?

Mum: firstly, the wealthy get all the cash

Child: then what?

Mum: that's it. they get to keep it all.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post

No-one is against growth, in fact, pretty much everyone understands you need economic growth, improvements to productivity and a better spread of wealth and resources between all of us. not everyone understands is that having 10 people own all the worlds resources isn't benefitting the other 7,999,999,990 of us.
    They're trying to position themselves so that ANYTHING you disagree with means you're anti-growth.
    I don't think it will wash this time, people can see them for what they are. Hopefully at least

Spot on, the idea that there is a huge (if Truss is to be believed) “coalition” actively working to take us into, and then keep us in, recession is laughable.

Spot on

I'm Anti-Truss and I claim my £5

James Wales is stringing some of your floating voter types along

Forget this I might vote labour crap .....hes a raving hardcore tory

Every thread about his beloved tory party .....he's on here defending their corner with yeah but what about etc etc cobblers

He's as slippery as another eel like tory boy who used to come on here

It's almost as if ....

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    What role did the Tories’ austerity budgets play in all that?
    5 years , at least