+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Re: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody attention seekers , opposition needs to man up for the fight ffs . Let's get this Tory Lite Blair Reincarnation in ASAP surely all the left loops have been culled??

If Sir Beer sacks Raynor he's got my vote
    I bet you'd roger Raynor.

The only thing The Tories have managed to grow is people's mortgages.
    There's more chance of getting a midget to grow at the moment.
    I do think it's a clever move by Hunt his mate Rishi will be in No 10 in the next few weeks.
    Wether the electorate fall for more Tory
    bull shit is, another story.

The New Statesman is reporting that a "pile" of letters of no confidence in Truss have been sent to the 1922 Committee. If you'd asked me a couple of days ago if we would have yet another change of PM, I would have said no chance, but, as of this morning, I've changed my mind completely - I think she's had it and I don't think it will take long for her to go.

Hopefully this marks the end of the Brexit wing of the Tory party now their bizarre fantasy economics have been exposed. Enormous harm has already been done by these right wing lunatics but there was a lot more to come if they hadn’t imploded so spectacularly.

A General Election would be in the best interests of the country but failing that the Tories need to install a less extreme more centrist Government. I expect they will attempt to airbrush Truss and Kwarteng from history and if they’ve got any sense they’ll remove far right politicians like Suella Braverman from office too.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    The only thing The Tories have managed to grow is people's mortgages.
    There's more chance of getting a midget to grow at the moment.
    I do think it's a clever move by Hunt his mate Rishi will be in No 10 in the next few weeks.
    Wether the electorate fall for more Tory
    bull shit is, another story.
    How have the Tories 'grown' people's mortgages ? The B of E. sets interest rates. Before [if] you reply, please look at how the 3rd largest economy in the world operates. [Japan's mortgage rate is 0.4%, the USA's 5.5% today].

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Hopefully this marks the end of the Brexit wing of the Tory party now their bizarre fantasy economics have been exposed. Enormous harm has already been done by these right wing lunatics but there was a lot more to come if they hadn’t imploded so spectacularly.

A General Election would be in the best interests of the country but failing that the Tories need to install a less extreme more centrist Government. I expect they will attempt to airbrush Truss and Kwarteng from history and if they’ve got any sense they’ll remove far right politicians like Suella Braverman from office too.
    Very good post, I totally agree. There maybe light after all.

It's kind of funny that the swivel eyed loon Hunt who was one of the first to be knocked out of the leadership contest is now PM.

General election NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    It's kind of funny that the swivel eyed loon Hunt who was one of the first to be knocked out of the leadership contest is now PM.

General election NOW!
    He's been brought in solely to please some of Rishi's supporters, but it's too late I think.
    She never had more than 1/3 of MPs supporting her throughout the leadership contest so was doomed as soon as she was elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post

Braverman is a shocking woman

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The public sector can and does make money - for the public.

This false argument used to be a Feedy favourite back in the day. I remember a tortuously long thread that for a while looked at Council public works departments and the effect of privatisation (outsourcing). The same job was being done by the same people and paid from the same source - local tax, council tenant rents and an element of national government subsidy. Magically it changed from being a drain on public funds one day, to an exciting example of enterprise and profit the next (for executives and shareholders at least).

Nothing changed except a % of the funding was syphoned off and was not available to repair homes or roads.

It was presented as a case of public = bad; private = good. Maybe now that LOM has re-invented himself as the board's top economist (courtesy of mainly unacknowledged lifts from the Telegraph, FT or Economist) he could explain why this is so?
    Because the private sector can deliver the service more cost effectively. So the theory goes.

But not everything can be measured in ££££