+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Re: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I have no idea why you and the other Ducky Doucus would continue to reply to someone you don't know, ignoring the points raised but serving up insults instead.

I don't have qualifications in psychology, so I am struggling to guess.

It does seem a curious use of someone's time to have nothing better to do.

Can you help a brother out?
    I think you know. We must help you out

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think you know. We must help you out
    I am genuinely at a loss. Replying to counter points, agree or disagree or offer a different perspective, I get that. Humour. I get that too.

Replying to something with unrelated often abusive comments, I can honestly say I don't understand.

Something to do with the power of anonymity I guess? Am more than happy to meet for a pint if that would make the behaviour friendlier?

I am genuinely at a loss. Reply to counter points, agree or disagree I get.

Replying to something with unrelated often abusive comments, I can honestly say I don't understand.

Something to do with the power of anonymity I guess? Am more than happy to meet for a pint if that would make the behaviour friendlier?
    No don't fret, time to go now. We shall continue this conversation tomorrow. I think your homework for tonight before tomorrows session is to try and learn who you really are. I shall be interested in exploring the reasons for your misguided view of yourself. I'm sure I can help. ttfn.

No don't fret, time to go now. We shall continue this conversation tomorrow. I think your homework for tonight before tomorrows session is to try and learn who you really are. I shall be interested in exploring the reasons for your misguided view of yourself. I'm sure I can help. ttfn.
    Far too late to be setting homework, be reasonable.

Have a nice evening

The anti Tory coalition - count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The anti Tory coalition - count me in.
    She's such a smug bitch

I have joined up

It’s not defending the Tories, it’s seeking the truth, because that’s how you solve problems.

On CCMB at the moment we have threads entitled: “The Tories are utter twats” and “Rod Stewart Tory Scum arrives at conference”

Yesterday on one thread, one user in 24 hours said the following: "An absolute pig of a woman", "twisted, verminous, item of trash", "ghoulish right wing freaks", "certain individuals who disgrace the human race."
    "contemptuous behaviour of a chancer appealing to the base nature of the lowest of the low."

This isn’t normal.

On most threads, there are some people who will blame every last thing on the UK government, taking no account of local governments, councils, other countries, the environment, global markets, wars, pandemics, a huge variety of economic factors. Governments are not the cause of every issue in every country and nor are they the fixers of them. Some, yes. All, no.

In every country there are populists (for that is what many on here are) who peddle the lie that it’s all the govts fault and that in removing them, the problems disappear. It simply isn’t so.

The first step to solving problems is recognising that, not just ‘changing the government’. Spain has a centre-left govt, currently way behind in the polls. Germany has a centre-left govt, currently way behind in the polls Sweden had one and it just got kicked out. Italy had one and it just got kicked out. Jacinda Adern is behind in the polls in New Zealand despite her landslide win, inflation is far higher in other countries, some countries have a huge unemployment problem, some stock markets are in massive decline..I could go on and cite a dozen more examples. There are problems EVERYWHERE, some worse than here, some not so bad.

That’s the way of things. I’m not saying that the govt is perfect, far from it. I’m saying things should be looked at holistically. Unfortunately, when faced with a series of posters who only post from one direction, restoring balance involves questioning those things and presenting a different argument or at least pointing out to someone who only posts negative things that actually there are positives too.

In the unlikely event that numerous threads on here insulting anyone who voted Labour and blaming everything on the Welsh Labour Govt, I would do the exact same in reverse.

And why? Because the truth is more interesting than bluster. And because this stuff matters and if there is a global or external cause to a problem, then just changing a government is probably pointless. Just like if a rash is caused by an infection, taking headache tablets is pointless.

The difference between what people often post on here and the reality of the situation is often very stark indeed, and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. It’s a much better use of my time than coming on here, claiming the world is going to hell, dropping endless insults and blaming everything on something that often isn’t so.
    What utter rot!

Something which comes across loud and clear from this post is that you have no idea what truth is. I suggest you embark upon a exercise of reading a few elementary ethics books to glean a smattering of knowledge on the subject.

It seems what passes for "truth" in your privileged little world is deflecting blame and defending squalid little sociopathic politicians at every turn. Yes we'll hear the usual childlike rant from you of ...'its not just this government, look at A, B, C, D etc, world events, economic forces, the weather, the football, alien attacks, too much comedy on television" etc. etc etc.

We will never hear from you the one obvious statement which is obvious to all which is "this Government is just not working". You are far too wedded to your entrenched political views to ever contemplate making what actually would represent a "truthful" statement.

Yes you constantly cherry pick facets of news from your favourite websites like Guido, The Mail, The Express, The Spectator and so on and of course others here can join in that harmless piece of jousting too by selecting carefully curated counter arguments from opposing publications. Nothing wrong with that, it will never convince everyone because many issues are too complex to make hasty judgement upon. That's all good natured political sport.

However you have brought up the issue of truth and of course true to your obnoxious nature you impose yourself as Judge, Jury and Executioner upon anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow world view. You see yourself as some intellectually superior white knight who's destiny is to save the CCMB underlings who know no better from their own iniquity.

Well let me tell you something you possess neither the intellect not the moral compass to self appoint yourself in your chosen role. Who the hell are you to tell anyone to alter the language someone uses to express their opinion of people and issues which fills them with fear and disgust? I would never dream of doing that to anyone, even the likes of you. I may well express my disagreement but I would not try to prevent you expressing your real feelings.

Which brings us finally to your simple view of truth. Having completed further studies on the subject you will discover truth is the essence of discerning right from wrong. That's why the phrase "speaking truth to power' is so hugely important. Truth is not partial and cannot be finally suppressed.

Suella Braverman and her ilk should never have been allowed into British politics. She is unfit for office. Her wretched, nauseating views and opinions quite rightly should be shown up for the gutter filth they are. Just like all right-minded people denounce paedophiles and other sociopaths for the vermin they are we should not waver from denouncing evil politicians who seek to ham our way of life.

There have always been decent people in the Tory party so I wouldn't use the word scum to refer to them in a blanket sense. Sadly, however, most of the honourable examples have been expunged from the malicious rump of the party which remains. I might disagree with the thrust of their politics but people like Dominic Grieve, Ken Clarke, Rory Stewart, David Gauke, Amber Rudd, Anna Soubry were sober politicians with intellect and decency. It would be wrong to deprecate them

However for you on your high horse to try to sanctimoniously attempt to stifle free expression has nothing to do with truth. To not engage in denouncing these evil characters is tantamount to endorsing them in my opinion, and I'm afraid it places you in a bad light.

What utter rot!

Something which comes across loud and clear from this post is that you have no idea what truth is. I suggest you embark upon a exercise of reading a few elementary ethics books to glean a smattering of knowledge on the subject.

It seems what passes for "truth" in your privileged little world is deflecting blame and defending squalid little sociopathic politicians at every turn. Yes we'll hear the usual childlike rant from you of ...'its not just this government, look at A, B, C, D etc, world events, economic forces, the weather, the football, alien attacks, too much comedy on television" etc. etc etc.

We will never hear from you the one obvious statement which is obvious to all which is "this Government is just not working". You are far too wedded to your entrenched political views to ever contemplate making what actually would represent a "truthful" statement.

Yes you constantly cherry pick facets of news from your favourite websites like Guido, The Mail, The Express, The Spectator and so on and of course others here can join in that harmless piece of jousting too by selecting carefully curated counter arguments from opposing publications. Nothing wrong with that, it will never convince everyone because many issues are too complex to make hasty judgement upon. That's all good natured political sport.

However you have brought up the issue of truth and of course true to your obnoxious nature you impose yourself as Judge, Jury and Executioner upon anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow world view. You see yourself as some intellectually superior white knight who's destiny is to save the CCMB underlings who know no better from their own iniquity.

Well let me tell you something you possess neither the intellect not the moral compass to self appoint yourself in your chosen role. Who the hell are you to tell anyone to alter the language someone uses to express their opinion of people and issues which fills them with fear and disgust? I would never dream of doing that to anyone, even the likes of you. I may well express my disagreement but I would not try to prevent you expressing your real feelings.

Which brings us finally to your simple view of truth. Having completed further studies on the subject you will discover truth is the essence of discerning right from wrong. That's why the phrase "speaking truth to power' is so hugely important. Truth is not partial and cannot be finally suppressed.

Suella Braverman and her ilk should never have been allowed into British politics. She is unfit for office. Her wretched, nauseating views and opinions quite rightly should be shown up for the gutter filth they are. Just like all right-minded people denounce paedophiles and other sociopaths for the vermin they are we should not waver from denouncing evil politicians who seek to ham our way of life.

There have always been decent people in the Tory party so I wouldn't use the word scum to refer to them in a blanket sense. Sadly, however, most of the honourable examples have been expunged from the malicious rump of the party which remains. I might disagree with the thrust of their politics but people like Dominic Grieve, Ken Clarke, Rory Stewart, David Gauke, Amber Rudd, Anna Soubry were sober politicians with intellect and decency. It would be wrong to deprecate them

However for you on your high horse to try to sanctimoniously attempt to stifle free expression has nothing to do with truth. To not engage in denouncing these evil characters is tantamount to endorsing them in my opinion, and I'm afraid it places you in a bad light.
    What on earth are you going on about? I will read up the meaning of the word truth, if you will read up the meaning of the word irony, because what you have written there is littered with inaccuracies (almost as many as there are unfounded insults)

And can you try and stop being so fking rude all the time as you just make this place toxic. You have a complete inability to accept that not everything you believe is right, and if anyone challenges it you just throw verbals at them. People are sick of it online. No one is stopping you posting anything, they just ask you can express an opinion with less bile and insults.

As for your approved Tories list - how staggering that they are all the ones who are closest to your personal views?! You seem very intolerant of anyone with a different opinion and demonise them when you should consider where they are coming from.

I've asked you if you want to meet for a pint - until you accept that, you can stop making unfounded opinions about someone you don't know. Privileged? You know nothing.

What on earth are you going on about? I will read up the meaning of the word truth, if you will read up the meaning of the word irony, because what you have written there is littered with inaccuracies (almost as many as there are unfounded insults)

And can you try and stop being so fking rude all the time as you just make this place toxic. You have a complete inability to accept that not everything you believe is right, and if anyone challenges it you just throw verbals at them. People are sick of it online. No one is stopping you posting anything, they just ask you can express an opinion with less bile and insults.

As for your approved Tories list - how staggering that they are all the ones who are closest to your personal views?! You seem very intolerant of anyone with a different opinion and demonise them when you should consider where they are coming from.

I've asked you if you want to meet for a pint - until you accept that, you can stop making unfounded opinions about someone you don't know. Privileged? You know nothing.
    Exactly the sort of rubbish I expected from you as a response.

Exactly the sort of rubbish I expected from you as a response.
    Do yourself, me and everyone else a favour and give it a rest. I made numerous points, referencing numerous countries around Europe and how the same criticisms are thrown at governments irrespective of their political ideology. It's your right to believe that isn't the truth if you so wish.

You addressed none of the points I made - just started going on about other issues, made a series of false statements about me and other things and then dipped your brush in your big pot of insult paint and flicked it all over it before hitting Post Reply.

It's Friday afternoon, enjoy the weekend, go get pissed and have fun, cos this is a waste of everyone's time.

Do yourself, me and everyone else a favour and give it a rest. I made numerous points, referencing numerous countries around Europe and how the same criticisms are thrown at governments irrespective of their political ideology. It's your right to believe that isn't the truth if you so wish.

You addressed none of the points I made - just started going on about other issues, made a series of false statements about me and other things and then dipped your brush in your big pot of insult paint and flicked it all over it before hitting Post Reply.

It's Friday afternoon, enjoy the weekend, go get pissed and have fun, cos this is a waste of everyone's time.
    I didn't address some of the points you made because they were all phoney. But I did address the business of you wanting to be CCMB political policeman controlling the thoughts and expressions of all and sundry.

I did laugh at your remarks about a bunch of Tories being closer to my own standpoint. Yes I'm sure they believe in big state and are anti aspiration.

Nevertheless let's start as we intend to continue; I'm happy if you get off my back and stop hijacking my posts and I'll do the same to you. If you comply you'll find I can be courtesy personified.

Oh and a friendly tip, restrain yourself from always insisting upon having the last word. 👍

I didn't address some of the points you made because they were all phoney. But I did address the business of you wanting to be CCMB political policeman controlling the thoughts and expressions of all and sundry.

I did laugh at your remarks about a bunch of Tories being closer to my own standpoint. Yes I'm sure they believe in big state and are anti aspiration.

Nevertheless let's start as we intend to continue; I'm happy if you get off my back and stop hijacking my posts and I'll do the same to you. If you comply you'll find I can be courtesy personified.

Oh and a friendly tip, restrain yourself from always insisting upon having the last word. ��

Have a nice weekend dude.

Have a nice weekend dude.
    Same to you mate, 👍

If 1,000 babies were murdered by a hypothetical dictator in the UK JamesWales would say, well in the EU there's 200 murdered babies but it's worse there for some reason.

He can never ever take responsibility for his votes. He deflects, lies, produces misleading statistics and cherry picks. You can see why he votes the way he does.

We've had 12 horrific years under the tories where living standards have fallen, but the richest in society get richer and richer. But then he cries that people are using mean language and tries to make himself appear as an enlightened intellectual heavyweight.

Every single vile policy James is there to tell you, well actually there's a good reason we have to make people's lives miserable.

You would have defended the nazis at every opportunity James if you were around in the 30s and 40s and don't you dare deny it.

I can't wait for the day the tory scum are voted out and won't see the light of day for at least a generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    If 1,000 babies were murdered by a hypothetical dictator in the UK JamesWales would say, well in the EU there's 200 murdered babies but it's worse there for some reason.

He can never ever take responsibility for his votes. He deflects, lies, produces misleading statistics and cherry picks. You can see why he votes the way he does.

We've had 12 horrific years under the tories where living standards have fallen, but the richest in society get richer and richer. But then he cries that people are using mean language and tries to make himself appear as an enlightened intellectual heavyweight.

Every single vile policy James is there to tell you, well actually there's a good reason we have to make people's lives miserable.

You would have defended the nazis at every opportunity James if you were around in the 30s and 40s and don't you dare deny it.

I can't wait for the day the tory scum are voted out and won't see the light of day for at least a generation.
    You literally just make stuff up. And you just insult people and because i say something truthful like the fact that all of Europe is facing more or less the same problems as us (which is true) and i have the temerity to illustrate it you claim I would have voted for the nazis. Honestly, have a word with your self. Stop for a moment and think what you are doing here.

Literally the first people the nazis put in concentration camps at Dachau were their political enemies and they used the kind of language about social democrats, conservatives, socialists and communists that you use about 'Tories'

Honestly, you are ridiculous that its just the point now i think its just not worth engaging at all because any deviation from the view of a tiny handful on here just invites personal abuse.

For you to type the kind of bullshit youve posted there..at 8am on a saturday morning..jesus christ. I cant be engaging with that, its simply not worth it. You have problems and i genuinely hope you get some help because the stuff you post is not normal or rational behaviour and im not logging onto a football forum to read crap like that written about me.

Admins and other users can clamp down on people like you who ignore points and instead make endless personal insults in response to posts or I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

In all fairness, leave James alone. We've had some words and hopefully sorted out our differences.

I'm hoping to.learn from him as much as he.learns from me, and I'm learning to tone down my vehemence.

I think deep down he's an allright guy. I know you are too Doucus. Let's give James some respect and try to connect with each other more tolerably and maybe with more fun.

Labour’s lead over the Tory’s only twenty one per cent in an Optimum poll for the Observer. Trouble is, it’s the biggest lead ever in one of their polls and Liz Truss’ approval ratings have fallen to lower levels than for BorisJohnson at the height of Partygate (Kwarteng’s are even worse), so, with party conferences nearly always associated with a boost in poll ratings for the party concerned, the Tory’s have got worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ory-conference

However, if there is one poll above all others which shows how poorly Truss is doing, I’d say it has to be this one from about a week ago I believe which shows a big lead for Labour among rural voters - that’s incredible and, possibly,unique.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...mong-rural-vot

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Labour’s lead over the Tory’s only twenty one per cent in an Optimum poll for the Observer. Trouble is, it’s the biggest lead ever in one of their polls and Liz Truss’ approval ratings have fallen to lower levels than for BorisJohnson at the height of Partygate (Kwarteng’s are even worse), so, with party conferences nearly always associated with a boost in poll ratings for the party concerned, the Tory’s have got worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ory-conference

However, if there is one poll above all others which shows how poorly Truss is doing, I’d say it has to be this one from about a week ago I believe which shows a big lead for Labour among rural voters - that’s incredible and, possibly,unique.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...mong-rural-vot
    She's managed to p*ss off the RSPB, National Trust, conservationists, farmers and around 10M rural voters because she doesn't give a sh*t about the environmental issues and will actively dismantle something like 8 years of work in weeks. The woman's insane. When Michael Gove is sounding like someone I can support, then you know the earth's axis has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    She's managed to p*ss off the RSPB, National Trust, conservationists, farmers and around 10M rural voters because she doesn't give a sh*t about the environmental issues and will actively dismantle something like 8 years of work in weeks. The woman's insane. When Michael Gove is sounding like someone I can support, then you know the earth's axis has changed.
    She's reminding me of Ian Duncan Smith's all too brief tenure as party leader which was aborted precipitously.

I think a balance is to be made, yes you need to attract wealthy business people who create business and jobs , equally that must not be at the expense of those at the lower end of earning scale as they will buy what the wealthy businesses create .

And you can't be a society that simply gives money away crisis after alleged crisis.

What I like to see from the anti growth, inflation busting hand outs coalition is their plan ( that delivers ) stimulus to the economy which we all know props up our services like health , security, education and transport infrastructure.

If I was Truss I'd agree all the demands , hand out inflation busting increases to benefits and see what the anti everything brigade do then ..

Please don't say green renewables it's not going to fix this debt alone or there is any proof it will as most of the stuff is made in polluting China , in fact it's adding to the debt and global warming ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think a balance is to be made, yes you need to attract wealthy business people who create business and jobs , equally that must not be at the expense of those at the lower end of earning scale as they will buy what the wealthy businesses create .

And you can't be a society that simply gives money away crisis after alleged crisis.

What I like to see from the anti growth, inflation busting hand outs coalition is their plan ( that delivers ) stimulus to the economy which we all know props up our services like health , security, education and transport infrastructure.

If I was Truss I'd agree all the demands , hand out inflation busting increases to benefits and see what the anti everything brigade do then ..

Please don't say green renewables it's not going to fix this debt alone or there is any proof it will as most of the stuff is made in polluting China , in fact it's adding to the debt and global warming ..
    Shall I order you an Anti Growth Coalition t-shirt? If yes let me know your size.

In all fairness, leave James alone. We've had some words and hopefully sorted out our differences.

I'm hoping to.learn from him as much as he.learns from me, and I'm learning to tone down my vehemence.

I think deep down he's an allright guy. I know you are too Doucus. Let's give James some respect and try to connect with each other more tolerably and maybe with more fun.
    Yes, this. I disagree with most of his views but I think JamesWales is probably a decent guy to have a beer with, and to give him credit he never (or very rarely) resorts to abuse in reply to some of the pelters he gets.

That said James you do have this slightly skewed view of yourself in that you're totally unbiased which you clearly aren't, and have a tendency to come into threads with this "guys guys guys, it's cute that you've been discussing it but the reality is actually this" vibe which, although I'm sure not deliberate, is f**king irritating

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I'd argue that there is enough wealth in the country/world to be able to do just that. Greed won't allow it though.

Where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd argue that there is enough wealth in the country/world to be able to do just that. Greed won't allow it though.
    I think what he meant to say was you can't be a country who keeps on giving handouts to rich f*****s. I'd agree with him wholeheartedly on that.