+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £400 For All Landing From This Month ..

£400 For All Landing From This Month ..

Note the first part of the £400 cost living support landed in my bank account .. Great idea to spread its impact ...

Re: £400 For All Landing From This Month ..

Read the headline, thought this was a new tax for landing at airports

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Note the first part of the £400 cost living support landed in my bank account .. Great idea to spread its impact ...
    I wouldn't have thought you were the type to take state handouts. Aren't they for the feckless?

mines been credited to my energy account same thing tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wouldn't have thought you were the type to take state handouts. Aren't they for the feckless?
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    😂

My smart meter is all over the place. Says I used 10p of electricity yesterday (would normally be 70p-£1,20 or something). Gas is down but not by as much, but on Monday it said I used £21 of energy!?

Also Shell Energy told me that if you pay less than £65 a month, which I do, then they just pay for it.

Someone think of the poor confused smart meters.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    My smart meter is all over the place. Says I used 10p of electricity yesterday (would normally be 70p-£1,20 or something). Gas is down but not by as much, but on Monday it said I used £21 of energy!?

Also Shell Energy told me that if you pay less than £65 a month, which I do, then they just pay for it.

From what ive read most of us wont get £400 but £66 reductions so thats where the £65 comes from I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    From what ive read most of us wont get £400 but £66 reductions so thats where the £65 comes from I would have thought.
    thats what was credited on my energy account £66 i think over 6 months they add up to £400

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah, it's £400 divided by six I think.

I paid £65 a month direct debit, so they said to just do nothing (so I effectively get free energy for six months, unless I went mad on useage presumably) but I still don't get what my smart meter is upto. I've tried engaging with it, but it doesn't want to talk.

Rishi Sunak gave us £150 then the £400 when energy bills for an average households were £1900.Thus reducing bills to £1350.
    Truss has raised the energy bills to £2500.That's an increase of £1150.
    It's all smoke and mirrors from The Tories.

Only you could upset a smart meter 😆

Yeah, it's £400 divided by six I think.

I paid £65 a month direct debit, so they said to just do nothing (so I effectively get free energy for six months, unless I went mad on useage presumably) but I still don't get what my smart meter is upto. I've tried engaging with it, but it doesn't want to talk.
    call your supplier and ask for a smart meter health check ,its all done over the wifi so no need for anyone to call , should sort you out

Thought it was £80 a month just into your gas/electric providers account?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought it was £80 a month just into your gas/electric providers account?
    And I did, thought it was money we wouldn't see in effect, just our bills would be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And I did, thought it was money we wouldn't see in effect, just our bills would be reduced.
    Different provider are doing different things, some are paying the money back, some are adding to the account.

Thats the norm I think.

If you pay direct debit and the bill is say £89.50 for the month. The company will send that but with £66 off so you will be paying £23.50.

Its a stupid way of doing it, with EDF they are going to refund you £66 into the bank account you pay the direct debit. Why they just dont pay it straight off the account I dont know. I am going to up my direct debit by £66.

£65 a month for energy? Do you live in a tent?

Not sure what the hell is going on with my mums smart meter, just sent her a bill for her 1 bed tiny flat for £1500, that’s for July-sept….in the same time I’ve paid about £250 in a four bed house with multiple devices and fridges etc….trying to talk to a call centre in the Far East is proving very difficult too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    £65 a month for energy? Do you live in a tent?
    2 bed flat. £65 direct debit, normally use £40ish. That rate will go up but should still be under £65 from my fag packet calculations

Not sure what the hell is going on with my mums smart meter, just sent her a bill for her 1 bed tiny flat for £1500, that’s for July-sept….in the same time I’ve paid about £250 in a four bed house with multiple devices and fridges etc….trying to talk to a call centre in the Far East is proving very difficult too.
    Very frustrating isnt it. Esp the call centre thing. Hope she gets it sorted.

.trying to talk to a call centre in the Far East is proving very difficult too.
    Pressure’s on Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pressure’s on Norwich
    Wish it was that Far East
    Think I’m going to have to contact the regulator as it’s out of control and they just don’t listen.