+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reducing energy usage

Re: Reducing energy usage

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Or you can buy a football, then go to the park and have a kick about with your mates for free
    What is this park you speak of

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    For any gamers: as of the 5th September prices, leaving an Xbox Series X on “standby”, its default switched off mode, will cost you £132 a year. Dip into settings and toggle it over to “energy saver” (By contrast, the PS5’s default costs around £4).

Source: Metro Entertainment
    £132 a year?! That is extraordinary

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    £132 a year?! That is extraordinary
    Here's a tip, turn off everything you don't use at the mains or leave it unplugged.

Anyone who has a cannabis grow in their attic know how to keep their leccy bill down, although I doubt any of them have a smart meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Anyone who has a cannabis grow in their attic know how to keep their leccy bill down, although I doubt any of them have a smart meter.
    If you have meter readings that were further ahead than the actual, that would’ve saved money?

Yeah, that's what I did. I've been bombarded for years by providers wanting to lumber me with smart meters but I ignored them. I still don't know what the alleged advantages of having them is.