+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    I was unemployed at the time, on supplementary benefit which if I can remember was approximately £17 a fortnight. Some how I used to travel to away games regularly at that time as well.

Some of my mates were working in the pit at that time and were earning about £100 per week, which at that time was about the average wage
    £17 a fortnight!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    £17 a fortnight!
    During that period I remember getting my giro cheque for £17 on a Thursday. I had a few pints down in the pub and gambled and lost all of it on the slot machines in Sun Valley arcade, Blackwood on the same day.

I can remember kicking myself every day for the next fortnight. It taught me a good lesson and I never gambled again

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    During that period I remember getting my giro cheque for £17 on a Thursday. I had a few pints down in the pub and gambled and lost all of it on the slot machines in Sun Valley arcade, Blackwood on the same day.

I can remember kicking myself every day for the next fortnight. It taught me a good lesson and I never gambled again
    No bingo playing, or purchasing of scratch cards or lottery tickets over the next 40 years, nor a cheeky few quid on a Derby or Grand National runner?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    No bingo playing, or purchasing of scratch cards or lottery tickets over the next 40 years, nor a cheeky few quid on a Derby or Grand National runner?
    Correct.