+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket shiit...

Ticket shiit...

Buying a ticket for my lads mate. Do I need to register him with the ticket office? Trying to do it online. Its seems to be a fuuking aarseache?

Two kids tickets and an adult please.

Can't be this hard?

Re: Ticket shiit...

It is a total pain. Id ring the ticket office tbh. Better still go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Buying a ticket for my lads mate. Do I need to register him with the ticket office? Trying to do it online. Its seems to be a fuuking aarseache?

Can't be this hard?
    Any existing member or season ticket holder can go online into their own account and buy additional tickets for each available match.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Any existing member or season ticket holder can go online into their own account and buy additional tickets for each available match.
    Yes, but you have to assign the additional tickets to someone. To do that they need an account then you have to add them to your network.

Never known a club put so many barriers between them and taking fan money.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Yes, but you have to assign the additional tickets to someone. To do that they need an account then you have to add them to your network.
    You can just assign them to yourself though. I have just tried and it let me go right up to the point of paying. Problem solved !

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Never known a club put so many barriers between them and taking fan money.
    it has always been this way, completely unnecessarily arcane.
    stop the average person on queen Street on a Saturday and most of them would have no idea who we are playing next or how to go about getting a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it has always been this way, completely unnecessarily arcane.
    stop the average person on queen Street on a Saturday and most of them would have no idea who we are playing next or how to go about getting a ticket.
    It is just basics isn't it.
    If you have a product then make it available to as many people as possible as easily as possible.

My worry is that if this is the stuff we can see what other things are we getting ridiculously wrong behind the scenes?

If you have a product then make it available to as many people as possible as easily as possible.

My worry is that if this is the stuff we can see what other things are we getting ridiculously wrong behind the scenes?
    Yeah, for me, they've just complicated something that needn't be so complicated. It's hard to define how it impacts crowds but it is a barrier that no doubt does put some off.

The thing for me is more about the phone tickets, as it seems to contribute to queues on matchdays (and I like a paper ticket too!)

there's a huge student population in Cardiff, many of whom end up settling in the area, we should be aggressively targeting these students and getting as many to some to games as possible

It can never happen now as it did in the past. Few blokes having a pint about one o’clock on a Saturday dinner time, one says ‘Fancy going down the City?’……..

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It can never happen now as it did in the past. Few blokes having a pint about one o’clock on a Saturday dinner time, one says ‘Fancy going down the City?’……..
    It should though.

With the technology that we have at hand it should be sorted in a minute or two on your phone without having to leave your seat.
    Sadly not if you want to go and watch City.

You can just assign them to yourself though. I have just tried and it let me go right up to the point of paying. Problem solved !
    👍

In fairness, anyone can just turn up and get a ticket. For the Coventry game you can get one on the day for £21, even less in the family stand.

I completely agree on the faff of phone tickets etc, but you don't have to have one.

The club could advertise all this a bit more, but they think that they will lose out as people are less likely to buy them beforehand I suppose.

Can't be this hard?
    I don't know what they have done to the eticketing web site, which used to work fine (for Away Members at least).

The last few times that I have tried to buy tickets on line, I have ended up having to call the ticket office, which is just a waste of everyone's time.

For my lad's buddy, unless I'm being extremely thick (not beyond the realms...) he needs to have his own account so I can assign him to me?

Edit: I'm thick. DML is right I think. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there's a huge student population in Cardiff, many of whom end up settling in the area, we should be aggressively targeting these students and getting as many to some to games as possible
    I went to uni in Reading, and when I was in halls we tried to arrange a group trip down to the football quite a few times, you could count on one hand the numbers who would go even with transport sorted as their ground is in such a stupid place.
    For whatever reason its hard to appeal to students with it

For my lad's buddy, unless I'm being extremely thick (not beyond the realms...) he needs to have his own account so I can assign him to me?

Edit: I'm thick. DML is right I think. Cheers.
    you can just assign his ticket to you definitely. I do it with my kids when i buy theirs, they all go to my name

Yes it can. There are ‘walk up’ tickets available, every match, from the ticket booth/office outside the ground at the Canton end. Why say otherwise without checking the situation ?

It should though.

With the technology that we have at hand it should be sorted in a minute or two on your phone without having to leave your seat.
    Sadly not if you want to go and watch City.
    Another one who doesn't check facts before posting disparaging comments about the club. Open phone, go to CCFC website, log in to ticket account and purchase tickets by assigning them to your account, opt for tickets sent to phone/mobile and there you are. 2-3 minutes at most. Oops, I forgot, you don't go to games, so how could you possibly know.

Yes it can. There are ‘walk up’ tickets available, every match, from the ticket booth/office outside the ground at the Canton end. Why say otherwise without checking the situation ?
    I think that he meant a few blokes having a pint on a saturday dinner time. Them days are long gone.

I say otherwise because the club’s PR and information department are non existent. Newcomers would actually have to go to the stadium on a match day to find out what the situation is, the club does not reach out to the local communities at all. This thread is pointing out the various obstacles the club seem to put in the way re. Attracting new support. Your blinkered support of the club on every situation is ridiculous, why do you consistently impress on us your view that the club can do no wrong whether on or off the pitch?

I say otherwise because the club’s PR and information department are non existent. Newcomers would actually have to go to the stadium on a match day to find out what the situation is, the club does not reach out to the local communities at all. This thread is pointing out the various obstacles the club seem to put in the way re. Attracting new support. Your blinkered support of the club on every situation is ridiculous, why do you consistently impress on us your view that the club can do no wrong whether on or off the pitch?
    Your post was factually incorrect. You said you couldn't buy match tickets on the day, so it is people like you who spread these mistruths and stop new support attending. It is common knowledge that you can buy ‘walk up’ tickets at every home game (as you have been able to do for many years) but you just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit in with your opinion. Why do you consistently try to belittle everything the club does ?

Your post was factually incorrect. You said you couldn't buy match tickets on the day, so it is people like you who spread these mistruths and stop new support attending. It is common knowledge that you can buy ‘walk up’ tickets at every home game (as you have been able to do for many years) but you just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit in with your opinion. Why do you consistently try to belittle everything the club does ?
    Now that’s something I don’t do, I don’t consistently belittle everything the club does. But you cannot bear anyone criticising in any way, shape or form. The club does get things wrong as many times as they get things right but you just cannot accept it. This is a forum for venting our feelings whether favourable or unfavourable. If every post was in exactly the same vein as yours the forum would die on its arse, there’d be no need for it as everything at CCS would be spot on, the team would be beyond criticism, the board would be purring along like a finely tuned engine, the ticket office would be an award winning concern and the commercial section would be forwarding employees for business people of the year.

It certainly isn’t ‘common knowledge’ that admission the ground can be gained by just turning up on a match day. You pick a match day, I’ll meet you in Queen Street a few hours before kick off and we’ll stop people in the street and question them on the procedure for attending a game at CCS. ‘Common knowledge’ would suggest that nigh on everyone we quiz would reel off what you say, I beg to differ. The club just doesn’t reach out to communities, the PR is sadly lacking there’s so much more that could be done. I want to see healthy crowds down the City, I want us to be successful. I feel sorry for you because the club has hit the pinnacle in your eyes, nothing needs doing, the team’s great, the (absent) board are marvellous, obtaining tickets is a simple operation, nothing needs tweaking whatsoever. I despair.

Yours is factually incorrect, where have I said that you can’t buy match tickets on the day?