+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euros qualifying draw

Re: Euros qualifying draw

TBF I think a lot of fans around Europe will be looking at us the same way I’ve seen a lot of Wales fans look at Croatia… expecting our big name stars to not be around for the next campaign and not really familiar with some of the youngsters coming through to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Bale is apparently looking at the next Euro's, I'd imagine both will still be playing albeit semi-retired... Probably both here!
    He will be in the squad until he’s 50 just so we can wheel him on for free kicks…..

I can see Bale staying on for next Euros, especially after that draw. He may not play every qualifier of course.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He will be in the squad until he’s 50 just so we can wheel him on for free kicks…..
    Gunter and Johnny Williams will still somehow be there as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I can see Bale staying on for next Euros, especially after that draw. He may not play every qualifier of course.
    50/50 I'd say. MLS can sometimes put careers into a bit of a death spiral. I think if he goes it will be more for his off pitch contribution by 2024

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd been assuming Croatia were in decline, but a look at their recent results suggests this is not so - they've recently beaten Denmark home and away and won in France.
    They only have a few "old" players and i think Modric being 47 perhaps skews the optics, but this is definitely a team to be worried about, I don't think there is any sign of decline.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Well happy with that group….not even sure Croatia are all that these days are they?
    We're in a group of five because Croatia just won their nations league group. Hardly a struggling side

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gunter and Johnny Williams will still somehow be there as well
    I'd rather Gunter to Connor Roberts!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    We're in a group of five because Croatia just won their nations league group. Hardly a struggling side
    As well as Croatia, both Bosnia and Serbia also topped their Nations League groups. Add in Slovenia (Euro 2000, World Cup 2002 & 2010), North Macedonia (Euro 2020) and Montenegro and it makes you realise how talented the old Yugoslavia was on the football field.