+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niels Nkounkou

Niels Nkounkou

What he produced for two of our goals yesterday really needs to be spoken about, that's all i'm saying. Wow!

Re: Niels Nkounkou

I did in my blog piece - besides the runs he made, he produced two superb passes for each goal as well.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned more. That was beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Surprised it hasn't been mentioned more. That was beauty.
    He still made his defensive errors at times, but it’s easy to slip into a frame of mind where you just look at the negatives. In saying that, it was impossible to ignore the positives yesterday - people used to rave about Drameh when he went tearing down the wing and sometimes it produced a goal, but I’d say that was better yesterday.

Cracking player going forward.
    As I said yesterday, he's a concern defensively but if you're prepared to ignore that, he's almost un-dropable right now.

He's getting better.

His contribution for the goals yesterday was superb.

He's very good going forward at this level. Defensively not so much.

I suppose if he had both he'd probably not be here on loan.

He was excellent going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Cracking player going forward.
    As I said yesterday, he's a concern defensively but if you're prepared to ignore that, he's almost un-dropable right now.
    He's an attacking player, that's how he defends If he could defend, then we would have something on our hands.

Play him at 10

When Jamilu Collins was announced that he’s out for the season I did fear the worst but whoever was responsible for highlighting Nkounkou’s availability needs a pay rise
    What a gem of a player who has slotted into the side like he’s always belonged
    He’s class and another attacking option which other teams will fear 😊🤩👍

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Play him at 10
    He's getting better and better

He was excellent yesterday, how work for two of the goals was top quality. Thought she should have stopped the cross for their goal and he’s a bit rash into the slide tackle but I think as manager Hudson has to weigh up what he offers in attack compared to his issues defending and I guess that’s why he’s starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He's getting better.

His contribution for the goals yesterday was superb.

He's very good going forward at this level. Defensively not so much.

I suppose if he had both he'd probably not be here on loan.
    So true

About time up to now I thought he was a weak link , and opposition teams were targeting his petulance and weaker defensive abilities..

Hes exciting going forward, remember that chance he had against Preston on his debut? I'd say his contributions going forward are worth his deficiencies at the back. As his career progresses he'll definitely be moved further up the pitch

Couldn't we start with Bagan at left back, Nkounkou on one wing and O'Dowda on the other, rather than have Ojo or Philegene?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Couldn't we start with Bagan at left back, Nkounkou on one wing and O'Dowda on the other, rather than have Ojo or Philegene?
    I see him as a more central player rather than a wide man. He caused havoc yesterday bursting through the centre circle.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I see him as a more central player rather than a wide man. He caused havoc yesterday bursting through the centre circle.
    You could say maybe we should

play him at 10

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yeah, but that was from a deep position. He is probably one of those players who likes the pitch and play in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You could say maybe we should

play him at 10
    nobody's saying that

The part he played in Ojo's goal was sublime!!
    I'm in the camp of playing him further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nobody's saying that
    I’ve said it 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Would we have any say in this or are Everton calling the shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would we have any say in this or are Everton calling the shots?
    I was actually thinking that after I posted.
    Particularly him playing at Bagans expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It’s much easier to play like he does in attacking sense from further back, than when he’s already up there. He’s also got the whole pitch in front of him. Not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not as straightforward as it sounds.

Also, we basically are playing with 3 wingers if he plays. I’d keep him where he is, and you just have to accept he’s going to be a bit suspect defensively. He gets caught running or pressing on too high an angle, I don’t think it is a massive job to train that out of him. He also just doesn’t need to dive in as he’s quicker than most wingers. He’s really not far off being a fantastic left back. He might be a fantastic winger but I’d say that’s more of a gamble and we’d lose so much, especially with Collins out for the season.