+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niels Nkounkou

Re: Niels Nkounkou

As a wing back in a back 5 I think he’d be perfect for this level, left back in a 4 it’s a bit of an adventure but Hudson apparently wanted us playing on the front foot so as long as he’s creating chances he may be perfectly happy with how he’s playing.

I also thought I saw Hudson saying Bagan was coming back from injury, or have I made that up again.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Couldn't we start with Bagan at left back, Nkounkou on one wing and O'Dowda on the other, rather than have Ojo or Philegene?
    The last four Managers not picking Bagan if they can help it should tell you no.

I think we may see him as more of an attacking wing-back than a defensive left back. Fine by me if that's the case!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You could say maybe we should

play him at 10
    the new patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Bozza64 View Post
    the new patterson
    and yet they are about as different as players as you can get.

says a lot as well that the player that was our main striker for much of our last premier League season has become a very average league one player while still in his mid 20s.

Is this play him at 10 suggestion a bit of macabre humour? Have I been whooshed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Is this play him at 10 suggestion a bit of macabre humour? Have I been whooshed?
    Think he has potential to be a cult figure with a mix of sublime quality - two moments of quality for the goals on Saturday and some moments that would have circus music in the background - his clearance from the left back position that went for a corner in the right back position off his shin on Saturday being a case in point.

I've got to admit he's my new hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Think he has potential to be a cult figure with a mix of sublime quality - two moments of quality for the goals on Saturday and some moments that would have circus music in the background - his clearance from the left back position that went for a corner in the right back position off his shin on Saturday being a case in point.
    That clearance took me back to my school days

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That clearance took me back to my school days
    As did Mark Harris one on one shot in the first half that went for a throw in took me back to mine hence why I became a goalkeeper 😂😂